[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why after getting a new motherboard and cpu (xeon 5460) my video

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

Why after getting a new motherboard and cpu (xeon 5460) my video card started crashing after 20-30 minutes and after changing it with another I get bsod after around the same minutes. I have obviously formatted the HDD and installed a new OS with the newest drivers so it can be that.
>>
well maybe buying a 10 year old motherboard has it's downsides eh?

Fucking retard.
>>
>>58122709
The motherboard is in perfect condition and even more the capacitors.
>>
>>58122718
>in perfect condition
it's a DECADE old, I don't care if you unpacked the fucker from a brand new box, it was manufactured at least 8 years ago, and probably 9-10 years ago.
>>
-update the bios
-what's the stop/bsod code?
-disable the onboard graphics if you have a ded. card. that means in the bios and remove the driver
-check temps under normal conditions and under load, sometimes it misreports
-kill yourself and buy a modern motherboard, frogposter.
>>
The mobo might be fine but the place where you plug your GPU in, is not. Try another slot, it helped me.
>>
>>58122725
So what? I really don't get it. My last motherboard was even older but had absolutely no problems.
>>58122728
>-update the bios
Oh yes I forgot to say that its updated to the newest version.
>-what's the stop/bsod code?
It goes for just a second and random so I can't really tell you.
>-disable the onboard graphics if you have a ded. card. that means in the bios and remove the driver
Of course I did that already.
>>58122734
All other slots are old pci(not exp) so I can't
>>
>>58122776
bluescreenview and come back
>>
>>58122776
>My last motherboard was even older but had absolutely no problems.
>one anecdote of a motherboard lasting beyond it's lifespan means all motherboards will last forever

Just kill yourself, seriously.

There is a reason people buy new tech.
>>
File: 1465431715116.png (211KB, 286x272px) Image search: [Google]
1465431715116.png
211KB, 286x272px
>mfw 90% hardware acts fucky is because dumbfucks can't into ESD wristbands or grounding themselves

Laugh now until you ruin something yourself

>CRUSHED UNDER THE WEIGHT OF HIS OWN HUBRIS
>>
>>58122690
>>58122709
x5470 owner here

have it clocked @ 4.1GHZ on my lga775 mobo from 2009, works great mangs
>>
File: hmmmmmmmmmmm.jpg (370KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmmmmmmmm.jpg
370KB, 1280x1024px
>>58122798
Anything else?
>>58122807
My brother's computer is even older. Its that I don't shit inside him.
>>
>>58122835
No one is saying LGA 775 and LGA 771 motherboards wont work, but to assume it WILL work just because it looks good on the surface is RETARDED.

It's a decade old, the caps alone were never rated to last that long, let alone other components.

Can an LGA 775 motherboard work in 2016 without any issues? Sure. But you shouldnt fucking expect it to.
>>
>>58122690
Is your power supply strong enough for everything involved?
>>
>>58122856
Yes and I am only using him for basic web browsing.
>>
>>58122844
why is the last entry 2014?
point is the fault is nvidia display driver, as it says in the program. some cards, simply will not work with the new one, I have an old 8500gt and you can't use anything above 2xx for example.
>>
>>58122866
I thought so too, but my other video card is ati and there it would just chrash and either freeze completely or restart. And I had no problem with both of the cards with their newest drivers on the last motherboard.
>>
>>58122880
well good thing your motherboard is fully functional
>>
>>58122690
also if u use socket 775 did you flash bios with custom one? otherwise features wont work
>>
>>58122885
What are you trying to say.
>>58122894
I flashed it with the original one from the site.
>>
>>58123087
>What are you trying to say.

>motherboard is in perfect condition

>even older but had absolutely no problems

I dont know anon, you tell me. The motherboard is in PERFECT condition after all.
>>
bump because I don't believe >>58123104
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.