[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I use OpenVPN + privateinternetaccess +GNU + Linux to torrent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1481387316468.jpg (34KB, 720x478px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1481387316468.jpg
34KB, 720x478px
I use OpenVPN + privateinternetaccess +GNU + Linux to torrent all my shit while I sleep. When I woke up today, I saw that my OpenVPN wasn't on. I don't think I had any illegal torrents open, but I've been paranoid recently.
Am I gonna get a letter?

>Pic unrelated
>>
Shit son the FBI helicopters are probably on their way over right now as we speak you're fucked m8
>>
File: 4.jpg (102KB, 373x263px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
102KB, 373x263px
>>58119358
Sucks to be you.

I don't have to worry about my torrents because they are all freeware or license-free.

Also I pay for my media.

Stay buttmad, poorfag! :)
>>
I love my ISP. I got a warning letter once, but it was downright friendly. Something to the tune of "Hey, can you check and make sure that your wifi is secure and no one is using it without permission? Maybe one of your friends downloaded something while they were over for a visit? Don't worry, BTW, we haven't given the copyright holder any information about you."
>>
>>58119471
Would've thought it'd be a party van.
>>
>>58119507
Thanks. I haven't gotten a letter from this ISP yet, but the last one (earthlink) sounded like he'd kill my dog. I've got Cox now.
>>
Also read that they might "cut off my internet until the file is deleted". I'm not the network administrator, my dad is. If it's just the warning letter, I could just throw it away if I see it in the mailbox, but I can't do shit if they cutoff.
>>
>>58119515
>the last one (earthlink) sounded like he'd kill my dog
A friend of mine with the other largest ISP in my area said the emails they send are more or less like that.
>I've got Cox now.
Good for you, but I still prefer Vag myself.
>>
>>58119358
In the future, take care that the BT client can access the Internet only via PIA. In short
- Bind the client to a virtual IP outside of your local network (transmission can do that)
- Use policy routing so all traffic from that IP uses a different routing table
- Set only a default route via PIA in that routing table
- Have OpenVPN update that routing table when the connection is (re)started
>>
>>58119870
I'll be sure to look that up. You're my favorite anon.
>>
>>58119515
>>58119515
>I've got Cox now.
Damn OP you got one ISP named after what they suck. You're probably gonna have to suck some too when you're in the slammer but it's okay, you'll learn to install gentoo next time so it saves you.
>>
>>58119949
Jokes on you, my gahnew is already Gentoo!
I'm dead inside.
>>
>>58119358
You could set up a killswitch so no internet is used when VPN drops.
>>
>want a secure OS
>uses ganoox over BSD
I want /v/ to leave this board.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.