[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I be a good programmer /g/? Im using Visual Studio to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

How do I be a good programmer /g/?

Im using Visual Studio to make Free Software. But my code is one giant wall of text. Am I supposed to be breaking it into smaller parts like other pages and methods.

How are you all gonna be able to wade through my Free Code to audit it for bitcoin miners and botnets if its such a mess?
>>
If you're planning on open sourcing and publishing your code, having some sort of cohesive structure is absolutely imperative. Sort your methods how you think they are best done so, and split them up according to category/function - make necessary changes to your code having done that. Aside from that, you might consider intentionally putting in blank lines and such in particularly verbose parts of the code, splitting it up so that it has some sort of structure that makes sense,
>>
Comments
>>
File: 63421.gif (1019KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
63421.gif
1019KB, 500x373px
Remember to never use ableist, homophobic, racist or sexist language in your ruby project's code of conduct, shitlord. (^:
>>
File: absolutely_stallman.png (283KB, 480x451px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely_stallman.png
283KB, 480x451px
>>58119036
>>
ehm... split it?
>>
>>58119071
^this
also, splitting your code in different files can help you and others to have a better understanding of how your code is organized. I personally seldom include other functions than the main in the main file, except when they use global variables (a bad habit of mine, I know…).
Personally, I create my files according to the category of my functions, if I have a function related to some kind of analysis (generally audio spectrum and signature in my case), it will generally be in a file or a folder named “analysis”.

Also, I prefer to mention it just in case, comment and document your code. Even if you do not plan on sharing it. Doing so will help you clear your mind on how your code work, and it will help you so much remember the mechanisms of your code if you go back to it months later ––needless to say it will be crucial if you plan on sharing your code with other people.

In short: make your code easy to understand, and this as much as possible.

also
>Im using Visual Studio to make Free Software
kek, well done boy
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.