[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for some advice on what CPU to get for my new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

I'm looking for some advice on what CPU to get for my new gaming rig, my budget for the CPU will be around $400 (not including cooler) and I'm not sure weather to invest in an intel CPU now, or to wait and see if AMDs new Zen CPU will be any good, suggestions?

TLDR: Get Intel CPU Now? Or Wait for Zen? If Intel, which one?

Also, CPUs Thread.
>>
Grab a 7700K in January.
>>
>>58116603
Sweet, I'm looking at it now. I will definitely consider this, do you have hogh hopes for AMDs Zen CPUs or will they continue to be subpar?
>>
Anything from the 7th Generation Intel Coreā„¢ lineup should suit your needs my friend!
>>
>>58116588
What are you planning to use your pc for? Because the answer may go from less than a 100 to the full 400 bucks
>>
>>58116660
>gaming rig

>>>58116588
>>
>>58116623
We don't know anything about how it will perform yet. The only official benchmark is the one AMD showed with a Zen with boost disabled against a 6700k and a 6900k with boost enabled. Other than that they had a demo of an undisclosed vega gpu and a zen chip running 4k fps.
We don't even have official price ranges. The best we can infer is they compared it to the 6900k to show of potential and then to the 6700k to compare against intel's offering at what they intend to charge.
It's nowhere near enough to start making judgements.
But yeah you should wait. Even if zen isn't able to go toe to toe with intel's high end stuff, if it at least offers a competitive option in the midrange where most users sit it will be good for us.
Hell if it only ends up being the same price and level of performance of a 6600 non k but offers overclocking without the bullshit premium intel places on both the processor and motherboard it would be a pretty solid option.
>>
>>58116603
Intel really tries to redefine the most common explanation to the phrase "the one percent" with their new model line.
>>
i'd wait for verified benchmarks before throwing hard earned money around. trust me, i bought the sega saturn at launch :/
>>
Kaby Lake is for jews, Skylake(-X) or GTFO if you're going with Intel.
>>
>>58118314
what happened
>>
>>58116588
the new kaby lake isnt worth the money no matter from where you see it
literally in some cases its even slower than skylake..

i suggest you wait till zen arrives to see where they gonna fall
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.