[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently got the chance to try out the iPad Pro with the Apple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: iPad Pro.jpg (113KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
iPad Pro.jpg
113KB, 1280x854px
I recently got the chance to try out the iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil in my graphic design class & tried drawing some stuff in the Procreate app. It felt fantastic, and it really got me thinking.

I'd love to invest in this device, considering I love to draw and the experience the iPad Pro gave me felt pretty great, but are there any tablets out there that can deliver a similar drawing experience at a lower cost?

(I don't mean like dedicated drawing tablets, I already own one, but just standard tablets like a Galaxy Tablet and the like)
>>
>>58109531
2 rupees have been deposited in your designated shitting street Rajeesh.
>>
>>58109531

I have an iPad Pro currently, and it's pretty great. I'm typing this on it.

As far as tablets similar to it go, the best you're going to get is one of the Galaxy Tab models with a digitizer. It's admittedly been a while, but I had a Note Pro 12.2 at one point, and I was less than impressed. It had low pixel density, mediocre battery life, and generally questionable build quality all around. The only apps that really supported digitizers were the apps Samsung pre-installed, and it was a relatively onerous process to export files created in those apps to other apps. Also, the S Pen felt too small, and generally like a flimsy throwaway item. It may work for the Note phones, but it was just too small and insubstantial for a tablet.

So, yeah, other tablets with this functionality technically exist, but I wouldn't recommend them.
>>
>>58109760
2 rupees have been deposited in your designated shitting street Rajeesh.
>>
>>58109878

>hurr hurr muh pajeet meeeme look at me im so edgy

Ten years down the line, when you turn 21, you'll look back on these posts and cringe at yourself.
>>
>>58109531
Wacom? Surface?
>>
>>58109967

The Wacom is a drawing tablet (reread the OP) and the Surface is even more expensive (reread the OP).

Also, Windows is shit. Windows without a keyboard is *extra* shit.

"But you can attach a keyboard to the Surface!" you'll say. Well, we have a word for tablets with keyboards permanently attached. Those are called laptops, and that's exactly what the Surfaces are.
>>
>>58109967
Well, as I said, I already own a drawing tablet for my PC (Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch Medium). I'm simply looking for a tablet I can use on the go that's a cheaper alternative to the iPad Pro + Pencil, but delivers a similar experience (doesn't have to be 1 : 1 or anything)

But perhaps I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, could you specify if I am?
>>
>>58109531
Do you actually get paid topost this shit? Or are (you)$ all the payment you need?
>>
>>58110245
Why, is me asking for advice on technology from anonymous users who probably know a lot more about this kind of thing than I do comical to you?

I'm not the smartest shopper, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to simply seek advice from others who have a vaster knowledge on the subject on what I'm looking for. I don't see the problem
>>
>>58109937
>t. iToddler
>>
File: 1473480393466.jpg (299KB, 996x954px) Image search: [Google]
1473480393466.jpg
299KB, 996x954px
>>58109937
Ten years down the line, when you turn 31, you'll look back on your iLife and cringe at yourself.
>>
>>58109531
There isn't goint to be anything quite as nice just yet, and the iPad Pro, while it feels lovely using the pencil to take down notes and draw, is a pretty limiting device.
You can get a nice wacom pen tablet for any windows/linux/mac pc and have a similar experience, but it wont be the same as drawing on the screen, and there is a little bit of latency involved.
and it will be a few years before pen-tablet-monitors become cheap enough to reccomend.

Go to a microsoft store and try out a surfacebook. If you can handle the small drop in quality of drawing experience, it is a much more capable device for the money. If you hate it, get the iPad Pro
>>
>>58110387
Well I plan to use whatever tablet I end up investing in for a lot of drawing & general artsy stuff, as well as everyday use, like YouTube, social media, etc. I also already own a Wacom tablet so I'm covered for drawing on PC, I'm looking for on-the-go stuff.

The Surface Pro 3 looks appealing, but I'm not sure how I feel about having to use the Microsoft store to get a good drawing app on the thing. Are there any good programs there?
>>
>>58110277
so you only get (you)s, that's really sad.
>>
>>58110245
Why are you so paranoid? Not everybody has an agenda behind them. Seek a therapist.
>>
>>58110028
refurb surface 3 is like less than 500€ and actually useful day to day unlike the ipad
>>
report, sage, and hide

Just report, sage, and hide
>>
>>58110532
I use my ipad every day, it's plenty useful already. I use it more than my laptop, even, which really surprised me.
>>
>>58110618
>t. iToddler
>>
Why the fuck are you posting this thread OP if you disregard every suggestion? Buy the fucking iPad like the idiot you are and be done with it
>>
>>58110660
I'm not trying to disregard anyone, I'm just a very anxious shopper when it comes to new devices. I've never owned an Apple product before, so it's not like I have a bias. I also don't want to spend a fucking fortune like the iPad Pro seems to want me to do. I just have shit knowledge on what's a good device and price.
>>
>>58110705

>spend a fortune

I got my 128GB LTE iPad Pro for $700, before trading in my old Air 2 for $350. If that's a fortune to you, you're in the wrong game.
>>
>>58110532

>refurbished 1.5-generations-old product costs less than brand new late-model product

No shit, genius. Apples (HEH) to oranges.
>>
>>58110764
Where did you buy yours from? The Apple website shows the cheapest model being $799, and my currency is CAD, so what you paid will probably cost me considerably more if you're in the US.
>>
>>58110764
>t. iToddler
>>
File: 1463822180293.png (256KB, 407x557px) Image search: [Google]
1463822180293.png
256KB, 407x557px
>>58110846
>>
>>58110846

I chanced upon one in a cell phone resale store. A lot of people tune those places out as background noise, but you can find some legit stuff in there. I found a Shield Portable there once.

Your best bet is to set up a deal alert on Slickdeals or something, and cruise Craigslist or one of its many analogues. Shop smart, brother.
>>
>>58110882
>shop smart
>appleshit

Pick one.
>>
>>58110904

How well my device functions, how reliably, and for how long is just as important to me as how cheap the device was.

Before I jumped ship in 2015, I'd had four Android phones (a Droid Incredible, a Galaxy Nexus, a Moto X, and a Nexus 6) and four Android tablets (both Nexus 7s, a Shield Tablet, and a Note Pro 12.2). None of those devices kept me as satisfied for as long as my Apple stuff has. In fact, of those four Android phones, three required at least one RMA.

Believe it or not, I've made an informed decision grounded in first-hand experience.
>>
File: 1460090831724.jpg (414KB, 1706x1268px) Image search: [Google]
1460090831724.jpg
414KB, 1706x1268px
>>58110965
>I've made an informed decision
>t. iToddler
>>
>>58110974

Cool story, but that image is outdated (Apple now has a repair program), the earliest iPhone I would ever recommend is a 6S (for RAM reasons), and most Android OEMs refuse to issue you updates after 18 months anyway, so you're kind of throwing stones from a glass house.
>>
Congrats OP, you seem to have triggered a lot of people somehow
>>
>>58110793
>comparing a ios-device with a full feature touchscreen laptop
the surface pro 3 will still be relevant when apple updated your ipad """pro""" to death.
>>
>>58112110
Except windows is useless in a touchscreen

Surface is gimmick, iPad is actually useful.
>>
>>58109666
You fucking moron how is he shilling for a device that he wants to find an alternate for?

Satan trips wasted
>>
>>58110035
Wacom Companion Hybrid, or the regular one for windows
>>
>>58112233
>Surface is gimmick, iPad is actually useful.
so, you're running photoshop and illustrator in your ipad?
>>
>>58110872
Go eat your toenails.
>>
I haven't used it but the Lenovo yoga book might work well, if not a surface 3 is cheaper than an iPad pro.
>>
>>58113163
Not, im running on my Laptop, not a crippled tablet gimmick.

I use my actual tablet for other things.
>>
>>58113657
like 'drawing'? a task a display with a good digitizer connected to a machine running professional software is most suitble for?
Enjoy your Ipad dude.
>>
If you already own a dedicated drawing tablet, why would you purchase a second tablet for drawing?
>>
>>58113678
>machine running professional software
iPad pro has the power to do anything you might need related to drawing, its only a matter of devs making the applications for the OS.

Not that I care, I dont draw. I just noticed from what I read online that the pencil works much better on the iPad that it does on the surface.

My point is that as a tablet, the iPad works much better. Windows is pretty much useless without a keyboard and a mouse.

And thank you, I am enjoying it a lot.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.