[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can Linux even compete? http://www.phoronix.com/scan.ph

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

How can Linux even compete?

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=netperf-bsd-linux&num=1
>>
>>58107087
It has larger user base, more software, more distros and more support in general.
>>
>>58107116

So it's technically shit but it's got all of those irrelevant non-technical "pros"?

Awesome! Serve me the shit then please, waiter!
>>
>>58107116
So it can't? Good to know Linux is the Windows of the open-source world.
>>
>>58107116

LMAO it's hilarious to watch lincucks fallback to the windoze arguments whenever they are confronted with the unmatched technical superiority of the BSDs!

You guys should be using Windows, but you are simply so insecure and influenceable you just can't live without the phony sense of superiority Linux crapware gives you.
>>
>>58107087
What the fuck man, since when did POSIX OSes are competing against each other? I thought we all were on the same side
>>
File: bdsmcucks.png (31KB, 630x435px) Image search: [Google]
bdsmcucks.png
31KB, 630x435px
Lol BDSMcucks
>>
>>58107087
I will keep usiong linux distros because nice userland, but my next webserver will be FreeBSD + nginx.
>>
>>58107222
you're a BSD user. act like one. you're better than this.
>>
>>58107148
>>58107189
You are not good at reading comprehension, aren't you?

>>58107222
Did some ugly, fast, man with large bread forced you to use GNU+Linux when you are a child or something? You are free to use OS X, Temple OS or whatever you believe is the "best" OS is. But when you grow up and get a job, you'll realize that various systems are suitable for various tasks.
>>
>>58107338
That is if I need good UDP performance, TCP still sucks on BSD though.

Turns out no games I host support BSD while it is games that could greatly benefit from it, oh irony.
>>
>>58107372
asking for mercy :^)
>>
>no gentoo
>>
>>58107734

If they did include Gentoo, they'd have faced the following dilemma: include compilation times to Gentoo's tallies or not?

If they included them, Gentoofags would whine. If they didn't, everybody else would.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.