[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzK QGGzZdGY Guys, you don

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 13

File: xtra pc.jpg (295KB, 779x713px)
xtra pc.jpg
295KB, 779x713px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzKQGGzZdGY

Guys, you don't viruses right?
>>
>sponsored
i could never trust someone who doesn't know how to block ads, anon.
>>
>>58106019
that's the joke anon

whole thing is hilariously garbage
>>
Well, it does do what it advertises.
>>
>Put OS on USB stick
I can do that myself?
>>
>>58106320
dunno, can you anon?
>>
Shit, someone's selling knoppix.
>>
"Refunds and Returns" right on the main menu is never a good sign.
>>
>>58105969
sad to say but it's this sort of thing that's probably going to be needed to make linux popular
>>
File: PowerSaver.jpg (10KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
PowerSaver.jpg
10KB, 240x320px
>>58105969
Is this like those electricity saving boxes? Some sort of hocus pocus to trick plebs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZbZVzzLggs
>>
>>58106320
>Put OS on USB stick
>sell it for $25
Can you do that yourself?
>>
>>58105969
What a fucking scam. Just because you are running loonix on a usb stick it won't do shit too stop hackers or malware.

But the ad is perfect for less literate tech users
>>
>>58105969
>or netbook

stopped watching
>>
File: USB-killer-tester-header-2.jpg (53KB, 681x419px) Image search: [Google]
USB-killer-tester-header-2.jpg
53KB, 681x419px
>>58106070

No i've seen one of those, it works. Blocks access to the whole computer from all hackers, and even the user, forever. Big companies aren't happy about it tho.
>>
>sell free OS
lmao
>>
>>58106595
"Free" does not mean that it does not cost money. Lots of free software is sold for money, GNU even recommends that people sell free software to spread the freedom.
>>
>>58106619
>Free doesn't mean free
freetards, everyone.
>>
>>58106721
>the word free has only one meaning
proprietaryfags, everyone.
>>
>>58106721
The "Free" in "Free software" has never meant "does not cost money"
>>
>>58106721
Here the software is free, but you're paying for the hardware (the flash drive, or the optical disk) it comes in
You are free to download a soft copy from the website too, if you do not want to spend money
>>
>>58106543
delete this
>>
>>58106736
Exactly my point, retard. Just because you're infatuated with the libre meaning doesn't mean everyone refers to that when they say free. If you had the reading comprehension skills of a 12 year old you would have realized he meant free as in doesn't cost money.

>>58106746
My bad, I'll start saying OS when I meant software since they're equivalent apparently.

>>58106752
Fuck off, shill.
>>
>>58106491
In the past people used to put capacitors to change the phase between current and tension. Now people argue about "C# vs Java". Education sucks right now.
>>
>>58106789
Linux has never been free in the "cost no money" way, it is completely allowed to sell it according to the GNU license.
>>
>>58106820
Wowie buddy, your knowledge about linux is quite impressive!
If only your reading comprehension were as good maybe you wouldn't look like a retard.
>>
>>58105969
Its literally a LIVE USB.

Literally every distro has a live OS version.
>>
>>58106464
Tomorrow the Linux desktop increases 10% do to this.
>>
>>58106789
OS is software. It's not hardware you idiot.
>>
>>58106843
You're just mad cuz he's stylin on you
>>
>>58106856
Go eat a bag of dicks, retarded shill.
>>
>>58106858
WHAT?
>>
>>58106872
Software is useless if you have no hardware to run it.
The hardware is the basis of everything and you need money to get the hardware.
>>
>>58106922
Go and stay go.
>>
>>58105969
Are they selling live USB for 25$?
So is this an original distro, or based on ubuntu?
>>
>>58106815
we are educating more people than we ever have before.
Obviously humans are not magically any smarter than they were a few generations ago, so it makes sense we are educating a lot of idiots.
>>
>>58105969
guys
listen guys
what if
what if we install gentoo on a flash stick and sell it?
>>
>>58107023
I'll work on the logo.
>>
>>58106721
That's why people should use the word libre
>>
>>58106721
ur a faget
>>
>>58106789
>ree everyone is ganging up on me cause im a retard
>>
File: 1454807456820.jpg (581KB, 2203x2937px) Image search: [Google]
1454807456820.jpg
581KB, 2203x2937px
>>58106543
I'LL TAKE TWENTY.
>>
>>58108261
>>58108244
The shills are getting smarter.
>>
>>58108261
READING. COMPREHENSION. YOU FUCKING FAGGOT.
>>
>>58105969
> "and the big computer companies aren't happy about it"

I always wondered if Ballmer was against the idea of booting from USB because it would make it even more convenient for users to boot to Linux, providing yet another vector for bypassing Windows.

I imagine Ballmer as the kind of guy who was against every new technology. VMs? "Oh shit, they could run Linux inside the VM, so we better oppose it." Better and faster IE? "Oh shit, better web apps could make people realize that they don't need Win32 apps anymore, so we better not improve IE." Etc.
>>
>>58105969
I see a fatal weakness here. The problem is that the BIOS won't automatically boot to USB -- you always have to enter the boot menu and choose USB (at least on most BIOSes).

This means that granny has to somehow learn how to:

(1) Figure out which key to press to bring up the BIOS boot menu. Different BIOSes can have different keys, so it's not trivial to convey this info to granny.

(2) Make sure she presses the boot menu key at exactly the right time during the boot. On a fast PC, you might have only a 2 second window of time to press it. So granny also needs to know that you have to hit that key early and often during the boot process. How is granny going to get all that info?

(3) Interpret the boot menu selections, and figure out which one is the USB stick. She's going to have to wade through a bunch of disk/dvd model numbers and shit -- and every USB flash drive looks different on the menu. How is it even possible for granny to NOT be confused by all that? And if the BIOS doesn't have mouse support, granny won't see the mouse cursor she expects. How is she going to know to use the up/down/enter keys?

So this is obviously nothing but a scam. Typically, granny will pay $25, get a USB stick, have a 98% chance of not hitting the boot menu key correctly, and keep booting into Windows each time. At that point, she'll assume that the stick is somehow "magically" protecting her as she continues to use Windows. The only reason they bother installing Linux on the stick is to protect themselves against lawyers.
>>
>>58107696
>That's why people should use the word libre
999% true.
This "free like in freedom" is autistic nonsense.
I also propose "liberation" or "liberty" to use instead of libre.

Liberation software
and
liberty software
sound way better then free software or freedom software.
>>
It's Lubuntu
>>
>>58106334
It is easy:
On WES7, you select "Bootable USB stack" during IBW and select the appropriate USB storage device for installation.
On WES09, build the image with Target Designer, add USB 2.0 as a component and generate image. Format the device and copy image into storage device.
On Windows 8.1/10 Enterprise, use Windows to Go wizard.
>>
>>58105969
So basically any Linux Live distro? How much does it cost? $50?

HAHAHA
>>
>>58106543
This is an usb killer safe discharger btw
>>
File: audiophilebullshit.jpg (320KB, 600x960px) Image search: [Google]
audiophilebullshit.jpg
320KB, 600x960px
>>58106491
>>
File: mikro-pebbles.jpg (28KB, 510x342px) Image search: [Google]
mikro-pebbles.jpg
28KB, 510x342px
>>58106491
It's basically the equivalent of this
>>
>>58113637

Wow, made of solid goodsoundtonium?
>>
>>58109415
dude the grannies have lived when there were no mice on computers
>>
>>58105969
Only of the sexual variety
>>
Wow, what a scam. Seriously. To think that this shit has even got customers makes me furious. People actually PAID for that.
Normies really are stupid. That reminds me of that ticket protest generator "Robot Lawyer". Advertised as AI, but it was just some simple php bullshit that consisted of if-clauses and then printed a pre-written text. And if you did anything out of the pre-written shit the """program""" would just break down and not work at all, LMAO. And this bullshit got media coverage.

Really makes me think that normies will eat anything out of your hand because they're so damn tech illiterate. Maybe I should just scam people too, apparently it works.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0E70jhTQHQ

It's just Lubuntu
>>
>>58114113

Granted, it _could_ introduce Linux to normies as well.

Still. 80% markup is total shit.
>>
File: 1407961294763.jpg (112KB, 575x431px) Image search: [Google]
1407961294763.jpg
112KB, 575x431px
>>58109415
>protect themselves against lawyers
>lawyers

That's a funny way of spelling kikes.

There is literally nothing wrong with preying on the weak and feeble, especially if they're old and useless.

The only tangible worth i ever managed to extract out of my grandma back in the day was marginal and only after investing weeks into training her how to roll blunts for me on command so i didn't have to take a break from shitposting on neofag every time i wanted to spark some kush, and that was literally it, i tried to get her to do lulzy wheelchair tricks later on but mom got pissed and put her in a home.

Meanwhile this glorious bastard is making actual money off of people like that while investing next to nothing, its brilliant.

I really hope he doesn't get jewed by some slimy kike lawyer who in reality is going screw his clients way worse than our humble loonix-on-a-stick merchant ever could.
>>
File: dude-what.png (27KB, 439x371px) Image search: [Google]
dude-what.png
27KB, 439x371px
>>58114469
>The only tangible worth i ever managed to extract out of my grandma back in the day was marginal and only after investing weeks into training her how to roll blunts for me on command so i didn't have to take a break from shitposting on neofag every time i wanted to spark some kush, and that was literally it, i tried to get her to do lulzy wheelchair tricks later on but mom got pissed and put her in a home.
>>
>>58113875
>dude the grannies have lived when there were no mice on computers

1: Most grannies didn't start using computers until mice were available. MSDOS was too hackerish for most grannies to get into -- you can't expect elderly normies to memorize DOS commands. Once her grandson showed her how to play solitaire with the mouse on Win95, she saw for the first time that computers were easy enough that even she could use one.

2: If granny uses the mouse 100% of the time when she's in Windows, she's going to expect a mouse everywhere. She's not going to know that a BIOS probably uses a keyboard. She's going to look for a mouse cursor and not find it, and assume her mouse is broken or something, and then give up.

Dude, you gotta think like a granny, or at least spend some time around them while they're using a computer to see the world through their eyes.
>>
>>58105969
thats just nifty
>>
>>58105969
>flash drive stick
>>
>>58105969
hey!!! this Xtra-PC is distributing Linux, and since Linux is Free Open Source GNU/GPL software they have to include all the source code for the software they are redistributing or they are violating the GNU/GPL

somebody call Richard Stallman to see what these guys are up to,
>>
>>58106500
i could not do it and keep a clear conscience,

now if someone came to me and asked my to fix up their USB thumbdrive with a live Linux distro i would do it for free and i would refuse any money if they offered me any, (now if they wanted one of my thumb drives i would charge for the physical thumb drive and the linux distro would go on it for free because they asked, so in a way Xtra-PC is not all bad, but they need to consider the GNU/GPL and by distributing Linux they have to include source code upon request
>>
File: plank.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
plank.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>58106922
that works both ways, hardware is useless too if you have no software to run on it, (it might as well be a piece of wood)
>>
File: 1478679642656.png (312KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
1478679642656.png
312KB, 500x389px
>>58106898
PC DOES WHAT?!
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.