[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why in older versions of Windows and even with the classic theme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Why in older versions of Windows and even with the classic theme is there a space between the close and the maximize button, but maximize and minimize have no space between them?
>>
>>58104820
Probably to group them into "resize" and "terminate".
>>
>>58104820
The same reason why in recent versions the close button is red.
>>
>>58104820
Because the ones on the left don't halt the program; they wanted you to understand that the x in the corner was not to be fucked with until you're done
>>
>>58104820
wtf i hate classic theme now?
>>
>>58104820
it kinda makes sense, because the first to buttons should be grouped because they are doing similar things. The X closes the application/window entirely.
>>
there could be more kinds of non-terminating buttons and 1 close button
it really doesn't make _that_ much sense but it pleases my autism somehow
>>
>>58104820
Because windows has always been an inconsistent mess.
>>
>>58104820
The real question is "Why does double clicking on the window icon close the window?"
>>
>>58105435
probably because that's where close was in windows 3.x
>>
>>58104820
To reduce the odds you'll make a wrong click and accidentally close the window. The gap used to appear much bigger before, when 640x480 was the norm, but with higher resolutions it appears wrong, plus it hardly adjusts with DPI or title bar size, which is the real flaw.

All those details are very well thought out, I wish Gnome and KDE understood only half of the effort that went into the GUI of Windows. Like how it took them 10 years to make the top right pixel of the "X" clickable instead of having you resize the window, while in Windows the mouse cursor was moved two pixels lower to hit the "X" button, just like it moves two pixels higher when clicking the bottom left corner to hit the "Start" button.
>>
File: SM-NeXTSTEP-workspace2.jpg (119KB, 1120x832px) Image search: [Google]
SM-NeXTSTEP-workspace2.jpg
119KB, 1120x832px
As an homage to NeXTSTEP
>>
>>58107234
I have never used it so why does it look so comfy to me
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.