[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone on /g/ into SDR? I just got a Nooelec dongle yesterday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: piaware.jpg (124KB, 400x499px) Image search: [Google]
piaware.jpg
124KB, 400x499px
Anyone on /g/ into SDR? I just got a Nooelec dongle yesterday and set it up to receive airplane signals, it's pretty cache

Not sure what else to do with it though, what do you guys do with your SDR?
>>
I've been looking into them and can't find one that covers all the bands without an upconvertor.
If i get a chance to buy a complete setup for fairly cheap I'll be playing around with it in my spare time
>>
Mine is in my drawer because I don't have a good enough antenna to do anything cool with.
>>
>>58101695
What is good SDR software for windows which will work with one of the RealTek USB TV tuners? Also where can I find the drivers for those things. I bought a couple a few years ago, didnt do shit with them, finally remembered I had them and want to start playing around with them
>>
>>58101880
I think the HackRF might cover everything, but last I checked it was expensive asf.

>>58101954
I'm still using the stock antenna right now and it's picking up ADB-S fine (by cutting it to the proper wavelength size), not the best though but I've been picking up planes from ~50 miles away so not bad.
Gonna try putting it up the attic tomorrow and see if that makes much of a difference, apparently it should.

Also signed up to submit data to Flightradar24, so I get a free premium account with them now, also applied for one of their free receivers but haven't heard back yet.

>>58102658
SDR-Sharp is a decent basic program, there's SDRConsole too which is much more advanced (with RT chips you need to setup a UDP RTL server for it though, simple to do) I didn't really play around with them much though since I couldn't find many interesting signals around me..

For plane tracking there's lots of good software I've seen but I'm just using dump1090's HTML page right now, good enough for me since there's not many planes around here anyway, but I've seen ones that can do stuff like use Google Maps to give you a first person view from the cockpits, looks pretty neat.
>>
>>58101695
Get the s/w and see if you can receive Funcube telemetry
>>
>>58102836
Don't you need to rig up a dish to get satellite signals? I read that you do for receiving Outernet at least, not sure about other ones
>>
>>58102877
Oh nvm, found the handbook and it says
>This ground station is simply a USB unit, we call it a dongle, which will receive signals direct from the satellite and transfer the data to specially developed graphical software running on any Windows computer.
>The required antenna should be no more than a basic VHF monopole or dipole.
Neat, I'll have to look into that tomorrow
>>
>>58102723
>For plane tracking there's lots of good software
I was mainly interested in using it as a scanner and being able to listen to multiple adjacent frequencies at the same time. Is it possible with SDR-Sharp?
>>
>>58103605
Hmm nah don't think it can, since it's just got a single dropdown to select the receiver, SDRConsole should be able to though since you can add a bunch of receivers to that (also despite the name it's a GUI app)
>>
>>58101695
i'm listening to various kind of niggers pirating satcom satellites. also, police radios, airplanes. fun.

someone broadcasts sstv kids pictures through satcom a lot. nothing pedo, just family album pictures. weird shit.
>>
>>58101695
I have an SDRPlay that is great, it can display up to 10Mhz bandwith at a time, Linux support is not all that great, but CubicSDR can be built to run it,. Windows handles it good HDSDR is the best (IMO)

http://www.sdrplay.com/
>>
>>58101695
I got rtl sdrs from rtl-sdr.com i got the v.2 and the v.3 really happy with my purchase but i need to setup my discone antenna to have a lot of scanning range and a longwire antenna for some HF reception
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.