[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've just spent an hour trying to move some files between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 7[1].jpg (18KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
7[1].jpg
18KB, 852x480px
I've just spent an hour trying to move some files between a Mac and an external drive and it was such an ordeal it nearly made me cry.

The Mac OS finder is the most unintuitive garbage I've ever used.
Even the most simple of tasks such as showing the number of files in a group of folders is placed out of arm's reach or obfuscated by arbitrary key modifiers.

Literally every possible action is done differently to windows because fuck you.

And even just moving the mouse pointer around is painful. No amount of tinkering with the pointer speed would make it comfortable. When I went back to my Windows PC and grabbed the mouse it felt like I was pushing an anvil with my pinky.

How do people actually use Macs for any serious work? No, this is not a bait thread.
>>
>>58094866
You say this, but Windows 10 is basically also a foreign language to most windows users at this point. Software usability is going to hell with Steve Jobs and Clippy.
>>
>>58094866
>finder
Here's your problem.

I do almost everything with the shell. I recommend iTerm2 and zsh. vifm can be nice too.
>>
>>58094866
>mac
>serious work

Pick one.
>>
>>58094866
>work

stop misusing Macs... People like you is the reason why it was important to remove ports... (likely need to remove the headphone jack on the laptops as well so people stop shitting up doing work on it)
>>
>>58096156

>using terminal in 2016
>>
>>58098333
>using GUI in any year ever
Pleb.
>>
>>58098605
you know making your own life pointlessly difficult won't make women want to fuck you any more, right?
it'll just make you fatter.
>>
>>58098659
You are literally retarded. Gas yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.
>>
>>58094866
You are 100% right
>>
cp /path/to/origin /path/to/destination

amazong
>>
>>58100295
So angry
>>
>>58098659
I'm happily married. Not sure why you think making other women want to fuck me would be higher on my priorities than more productive computing.
>>
Drag and drop
>>
>>58094866
Use the fucking terminal then idiot
>>
File: a.jpg (106KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
106KB, 1280x1024px
>it doesn't work like windows therefore it's bad
>>
>>58094866
If you don't know how to do it from the command line it's your own fault
>>
>>58105556
Most normal people just prefer to click a couple of things instead of typing grep alphabet soup in order to return the size and number of files contained in a selection of folders.
>>
>>58105697
>normal people
>/g/
>>
>>58094866
The terminal.
>>
>>58105697
Use a scripting language, like everyone else.
>>
>>58094866
ITT: OP complains about his baby duck syndrome
>>
>>58094866

i don't get how mac handles files.

I dragged and dropped a folder from the desktop to documents then it fucking disappeared.

Not in documents, not on the desktop either. What the fuck?
>>
>>58106086
Actually, the first system I learned was long before Windows. I am perfectly comfortable with a command line, in fact I spend much of my work day logged into them.

I'm also pragmatic about Windows' dominance and able to recognise that GUIs are often good shortcuts for common tasks and that de facto standards are sometimes good things.

Mac OS seems to be going out of its way to resist conforming to the accepted wisdom, which is much to the detriment of its user experience.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.