[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FCC Republicans vow to gut net neutrality rules “as soon as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 32

The Federal Communications Commission's two Republican members told ISPs yesterday that they will get to work on gutting net neutrality rules "as soon as possible."

>FCC Republicans Ajit Pai and Michael O'Rielly sent a letter to five lobby groups representing wireless carriers and small ISPs; while the letter is mostly about plans to extend an exemption for small providers from certain disclosure requirements, the commissioners also said they will tackle the entire net neutrality order shortly after President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration on January 20.

>"[W]e will seek to revisit [the disclosure] requirements, and the Title II Net Neutrality proceeding more broadly, as soon as possible," they wrote, referring to the order that imposed net neutrality rules and reclassified ISPs as common carriers under Title II of the Communications Act. Pai and O'Rielly noted that they "dissented from the Commission's February 2015 Net Neutrality decision, including the Order's imposition of unnecessary and unjustified burdens on providers."

>Pai and O'Rielly will have a 2-1 Republican majority on the FCC after the departure of Democratic Chairman Tom Wheeler on January 20. Pai previously said that the Title II net neutrality order's "days are numbered" under Trump, while O'Rielly said he intends to "undo harmful policies" such as the Title II reclassification.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/12/fcc-republicans-vow-to-gut-net-neutrality-rules-as-soon-as-possible/?comments=1
>>
>>58092523
How many of you kids in /g/ fell for the trump-chan meme? Cause this is wholesomely unsurprising. Cruz would've been worse I guess.
>>
>>58092546
What about Bernie?
>>
>>58092569
>not Jeb!
>>
For what fucking purpose?
>muh small gubmint
>replace it with greedy corporations that will gladly take your money and provide subpar service

>>58092546
Honestly, I think it's just the newfags who fell for the stormfront memes. Have you met one of these fags irl? I did at my college, nigger couldn't stop talking about "stomping out libtards" and bashing on anything that wasn't political shit.
>>
>>58092523

Literally nowhere in the article says if these "net neutrality" laws are good or bad. I still have no idea of what's happening.
>>
>>58092600
I think they long stopped caring about small government. Some of those fags have become borderline fascist if they haven't become one yet. All they care now is to piss over liberals and minorities, and to work in factories (which is funny because they're still outsourcing).
>>
File: 1482033438646.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1482033438646.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>58092600
>I'm sick and tired of politicians being beholden to the all-mighty dollar

"I agr-"

>Let's replace them WITH the all-mighty dollar
>>
but trump said he was against lobbying
>>
>>58092719
>against lobbying
>appoints lobbyists directly to his cabinet
>>
>>58092667
> All they care now is to piss over liberals and minorities
This 100%. Most of the Trump supporters that I've met couldn't care less about the fact that Trump has no long term plans to fulfil any of his goals, rather they voted against Democrat policies like Obamacare because 'Obamacare is bad mkay'.

>>58092719
Have you looked at his cabinet at all? Most of his picks are CEOs, or Republican figureheads, he's practically pulling all the stops to be the most establishment president possible.
>>
File: Multiple Deployments.jpg (91KB, 1616x239px) Image search: [Google]
Multiple Deployments.jpg
91KB, 1616x239px
>>58092523
>Ajit Pai
These fucking pajeet won't rest until they have ruined everything tech related, eh?
>>
>>58092742
Rex Tillerson? I don't think he's bad. It's just unfortunate that Trump himself has said nothing about net neutrality on his website, he has most of his positions there but nothing about this.
>>
>>58092753
>Have you looked at his cabinet at all? Most of his picks are CEOs, or Republican figureheads, he's practically pulling all the stops to be the most establishment president possible.
But when you look at his positions, they are in line with everything he's said until now in campaign. You cannot accuse him of backtracking when this https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/ has pretty much remained untouched.
The problem is that there's literally nothing about net neutrality in there.
>>
No that I really care about this, ISPs are already the furthest thing from transparent in my country.
>>
>>58092764
Honestly I feel as though it's because it's one of the few things that the reddit agrees is a good thing. If he said right off the bat that he's getting rid of net neutrality, it'd be hard for those faggots at the_donald to spin that or ignore it like they usually do.

Thought I'm retarded when it comes to politics so it's all just dumb conjecture.
>>
>>58092719
He's against lobbyists in the sense that he's removing the middle man and giving corporate interests a direct feed to washington

Anybody who has payed attention to Donald's character and history up until this point saw this coming. #draintheswamp was just a flourish.
>>
>>58092800
>one of the few things that the reddit agrees is a good thing
Yeah well, I don't think anyone in their right mind would ever want hidden fees, data caps, throttled speed, etc. It's pure unadulterated good ol' lobbying and if the Rs slash neutrality I (and many others) will feel very let down by Trump.
>>
>>58092764
>Rex Tillerson? I don't think he's bad.
Yeah, totally reasonable to have a man who has done $500B oil deals with russia in charge of our international policy with russia.

Totally no conflicts of interest there.

Or his shell company in the bahamas that have direct links to russian Oil companies, again, no reason that could be a conflict of interest.
>>
File: 1467449610345.png (3MB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
1467449610345.png
3MB, 945x945px
>>58092783
>But when you look at his positions, they are in line with everything he's said until now in campaign.
So appointing establishment politicians is now anti-establishment? Holy shit anon, you're a genius, if only I could have seen that beforehand and it would have all made sense.
>>
>>58092851
Rex a establishment politician? He's neither from the establishment nor was he ever a politician until now.
>>
>>58092836
Exactly, which is why Trump's not saying anything about it. Right now it's pretty obvious that Net Neutrality's gonna take a huge blow when he takes the office, and it's one of the few things the cucks at /r/The_Donald can't spin into something positive, or ignore it like they do with everything negative about Trump.

It's just gonna silently happen, people will make a big fuss over it for a month or two, then it'll get forgotten entirely.
>>
>>58092883
I'm confused, isn't being a rich scheming businessman the same as being part of the establishment or does the definition change whenever it's convenient?
>>
I can believe the main thing that would come from remove net neutrality would be just like wireless carriers have now; you have a data cap but certain sites will not count against it
>>
>>58092883
Have you literally never watched any news program before, or do you take pride in being blissfully ignorant?

See >>58092849
>>
>>58092901
It's literally semantics. "Oh, Trump's not part of the POLITICAL establishment, so he's anti-establishment!".

It's hilarious looking back at how so many Trump supporters called Hilary a corporate shill, but then they go ahead and elect the biggest corporate shill there ever was. Like, I hate Hilary as much as the next guy but I'm glad I never ended up as deluded as some of the Trump supporters I've seen.
>>
>>58092913
So he was a politician, gotcha. When did he assume whatever position he was in? Surely you will be able to provide a source.

And doing deals with Russia or any other country doesn't make him part of the establishment. If it did any businessman would be a part.
>>
>>58092851
His policies were never anything but arbitrary authoritarianism. You didn't understand that monopolists are a natural fit to carry out the business of ruling in their own interests?
The Democrats represent the outsiders -- government for the actual People.
>>
>>58092934
>he's a politician and a businessman but he definitely isn't establishment
>>
>>58092934
>doing deals with Russia
Doing deals with Russia is one thing, doing deals worth billions of dollars directly with PUTINS privately owned oil company, and then being put in charge of our international policy months later?

Yeah that's TOTALLY not suspect.
>>
File: 1479415961169.png (107KB, 604x562px) Image search: [Google]
1479415961169.png
107KB, 604x562px
>>58092918
>Trump a corporate shill
>Running a business on your name
>Having all major decisions of the company rely solely on you instead of a bunch of bureaucrats
>corporate shill

Nice one friend-o
>>
good job trumplets
>>
>>58092934
Seriously, how thick are you? There's this cool thing called a 'conflict of interest', and it's typically frowned upon when you have a conflict of interest. And, you were the one to bring Rex into this, not me, I was merely pointing you to someone who had already outlined why Rex is a bad fit for a government position.

>>58092953
Hillary was a terrible candidate for being of the party that's 'for the people'. Trump had some all right policy positions regarding tariffs and economic protectionism. Granted, Trump has business ties overseas so I wouldn't expect him to act against his own personal interest.
>>
>>58093012
you dont understand the crux of the argument if you honestly think there is a difference between a corporation using a board to decide to fuck over the american ppl vs a corrupt single person ordering his underlings to do the same thing.
>>
>>58092934
Kys fucking cuck
>>
>>58092667
>>58092600
>>58092753

Why do you SJWs hate white people?
>>
>>58092985
>STOP HAVING A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH A FORMERLY HUGE ENEMY WHO COULD VAPORIZE US IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO

???
>>
>>58092902
and people are worried because the next logical step is pic related.
The big media co's will push it through cause "adblockers are ruining the internet!!"
And any sort of independent less-censored website (like the chans) won't exist because the fee to get into the game will be like $100,000
Then we'll make a new internet but it'll be slow as shit while the average joe happily browses CNN at blistering speed but dares not type an offensive comment because his account is tied to his isp and he doesn't want to lose one of the 12 websites he's allowed to visit.
>>
>>58093042
>SJWs hate white people
Why does it matter if they're white or not?

In my mind people are people. Why would you fuck over any people?
>>
>>58093043
....what?

We can have a good relationship with russia and NOT personally fill ours and putins pockets...

You're giving putin literally millions of dollars directly into a company he OWNS.

You're also telling me my secretary of state making off like a FUCKING bandit from these deals is also A-okay.

Should these deals benefit the AMERICAN PEOPLE? Not the men in charge?
>>
>>58093056
>White pride is bad but every other type of racial pride is fine
leftist logic
>>
>>58092546
>the one thing Trump was serious about was net neutrality
>but everything else he said he was going to he doesn't care about

man this fucking sucks. I voted for Trump because at the time, he was definitely the better of the two evils.But now we're here. Congratulations everyone, we're fucked
>>
>>58093071
I never said white pride was bad, I also never said other racial pride was good.

In my eyes people are people and racial pride is retarded. In 100 years most people will be mutts anyway, who gives a fuck about race?
>>
File: 1481633152792.png (114KB, 760x805px) Image search: [Google]
1481633152792.png
114KB, 760x805px
>>58093042
ctrl + f "minorities" the post. You literally didn't rebut any of my points at all, and nowhere did I mention minorities other than a quote, retard.
>>
>>58093042
I don't give a shit about crackers, nor do I give a shit about niggers, chinks, gooks, sandniggers, curryfuckers, or any other race. Every group has retards in it, just like you. Fuck off you dickless braindead niggerfaggot.
>>
>>58093026
ok bud keep fighting the power there
>>
File: bernie cucks.jpg (77KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
bernie cucks.jpg
77KB, 620x465px
>>58093094
>implying you SJWs can even make coherent points to rebut
>>
>>58093123
better start learning russian, I heard the new secret police force trump is setting up only operates in russian to prevent any SJWs from listening in on raid plans.
>>
>>58093071
No one gets mad if you want to show pride for being Irish, German, Italian, etc. We even have festivals stemming from white cultures, like Saint Patrick's Day, Oktoberfest, etc. It's just that "white pride" is rhetoric thrown around by white supremacists. Be a little more specific and you'll be fine. You don't even have to list an ethnicity, you can even just be proud of being American, or from wherever you're from.
>>
>>58093157
shhh, how else is the uneducated white male supposed to feel oppressed?
>>
>>58093068
...You do know we were actually at the brink of war due to a missile blockade in Eastern Europe, right? Designed specifically with a war in Russia in mind?

I don't mind a politician getting rich if it means not getting nuked.
>>
File: MTM1OTI2Njk4MzAxMi5naWY=~.gif (109KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
MTM1OTI2Njk4MzAxMi5naWY=~.gif
109KB, 475x475px
>>58093123
This was my post >>58092753 faggot, and nowhere did I act like a SJW in any of what I said.
>>
>>58093042
>say that Trump voters are borderline fascists who voted for an idiot because he promises to piss over the political opposition and random people who have different skin
>therefore I hate white people
Chill bro, I got white friends.
>>
Good. Maybe you'll have to pay to use 4chan at full speed. Might increase the quality of posts too.
>>
>>58093157
>>58093173
>being a white supremacist is wrong
>but being a black supremacist is perfectly fine
Why are leftists hate their own race?
>>
>>58093180
>people voted for Obama and Clinton to shit on white people
>you SJWs applaud them
>>
>>58093046
I don't know what is the scarier thought, ISPs starting to do this shit out in the open, or people just numbingly accepting this as the new standard
>>
>>58093177
>at the brink of war
LOL
We decided not to put the missile shield in eastern Europe back in 2009. If they're STILL upset about that, I don't know what to tell you.

Also, you've been drinking far too much of the alt-right koolaid if you legti think we were almost at open war with russia.

Just how if hillary were elected it would have meant instant war with russia right? I've been hearing that fairy tale for months from the right and it's just retarded fear mongering, Hillary and Obama have spent the past 8 years NOT going to war with russia, but suddenly, right when it's time for the election, we are hovering at the BRINK of war, and the ONLY people who really know, are the alt-right because the "establishment" wants to keep us down right?

Just think through the scenario, you've obviously bought into the propaganda, you need to look at ALL the information, and decide what is actually happening based on all the evidence, not just one side that you WANT to be right.
>>
>>58093187
Yes, BLM has such widespread support.
>one extreme is bad
>so the other one is fine
Are you diagnosed with borderline personality disorder?
>>
>>58093226
>Are you diagnosed with borderline personality disorder?
>says the faggots whose ideology and party is based around getting rid of white people
>>
>>58093211
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegis_Ballistic_Missile_Defense_System

???
>>
>>58093187
you have no idea how to hold an actual argument.

You're literally making an argument with yourself since we aren't saying the things you want us to say.

No one here has said shit about BLM being good or bad, but according to you we've all already said being a black supremacist is perfectly fine.

Why not stick to actual facts and attack the words we write instead of making things up that you THINK an SJW would say.
>>
>>58093247
>Why not stick to actual facts and attack the words we write instead of making things up that you THINK an SJW would say.
Because we all know what you SJWs believe
>>
>>58093211
The fear was that Hillary would fulfil her promise of instituting an American no-fly zone over Syria. And, by the very nature of a no-fly zone you have to shoot down any non-American planes if they fly into that no-fly zone. And, since Russia never retracted their commitment to flying air missions in Syria, there was the potential for war with Russia if the US committed and were to shoot down any Russia aircraft.
>>
>>58093238
Aegis is not intended for ICBMs, it could in theory be used against them, but testing shows it probably wouldnt work great.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_missile_defense_complex_in_Poland

That's the ACTUAL missile shield project that should have been put in Poland that russia was scared of because it would have actually had a chance of working against ICBMs

The AEGIS system is designed and meant to intercept normal non-nuclear ballistic missiles.
>>
Member when 4chan was vaguely anarcho-libertarian and not overran with new /pol/'s shitty proto-fascists?

I miss those days.
>>
>>58093269
Not the guy you're talking to, but you're seriously backing yourself into a corner with all this SJW business. It isn't a go-to phrase, buddy.

You're not even really arguing with him, you're just sort of quoting what he says then calling him an SJW. No effort.
>>
>>58093290
Careful anon, you'll bring out the newfags who think 4chan is for le edgy right wing underground movements. Fucking chanology was the downfall of this website, political content shouldn't ever have been posted on the world meme database.
>>
>>58093283
...Right, but there's still a missile defense system located in Poland.

???
>>
>>58093281
Oh please, the idea hillary would just day 1 blanket no fly zone with zero warning to russia and no levels of grey is RETARDED.

She has been working with russia for fucking YEARS, there isn't a snowballs chance in hell she would have let that happen. It would 100% have been a negotiated no-fly zone, and IF russia did end up breaking it, the US would give an excuse as to why it didn't shoot them down, strongly worded rhetoric about russian aggression, and more economic sanctions against russia. Hillary didn't want a war, she just wanted reasons to put more and more sanctions on russia to stop their military development by killing their economy.
>>
>>58093177
>I don't mind a politician getting rich if it means not getting nuked.

Well I don't think it's hard or too demanding to want a president that doesn't turn the country into Kleptocracy just because they want to be friends with Putin.
>>
>>58093322
No there isn't, if you even read your own link you'd see it doesn't go online until 2018

and again, if this is to prevent ICBM launches, the AEGIS system is incapable of handling that threat.
>>
>>58093290
>>58093317
>4chan has always been my politically correct feminist hugbox!!
you SJWS are insane
>>
>>58093325
Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just wording what they though Hillary would do.
>>
>>58093342
>>58093317
>>58093290
take it to /qa/ you faggots, you're the only ones ruining the website
>>
>>58093342
>4chan has always been about politics!!!1one!
You niggers are new.
>>
>>58093342
>completely sidestepping what I said

Seems par for the course for retarded faggot /pol/lacks.
>>
>>58093342
>politically correct
>feminist
>hugbox
>SJW

None of this was ever implied. 7/10 I took the bait.
>>
What's the point of "net neutrality" anyway?
>>
>>58093352
Oh I know, i've seen the propaganda too, it's laughable that they think that was actually a possibility though.

It's how we get kids in alabama and other such states literally believing hillary clinton eats children. The far right will say literally anything to discredit hillary, and they've been doing it for decades.

The worst part is, as a liberal, she has PLENTY legitimately bad with her that there is no reason to make shit up, but they do it anyway.
>>
>>58093354
>implying there's a difference in attitudes regarding free speech and safe spaces between SJW types and you faggots

Thanks for proving the existence of the Horseshoe theory for me you abject retard.
>>
>>58093376
In a nutshell, ISPs can't give favors to or package deals with websites, allowing the internet to be more like what we have now and not like the TV/landline packages Comcast and AT&T sell.
>>
>>58093376
It's the idea that no single connection should have priority over another. In other words, if you have a 10mb/s connection every website has the potential to utilize all 10mb/s. Without net neutrality, ISPs can create abitrary restrictions upon the speed of any given website or connection.
>>
>>58093390
you're off-topic shitposting. This isn't a meta thread.

If you want to talk about it, go to /qa/ or start a /g/ meta thread since we don't have one, fucker.

So do you want to talk about the OP or are you gonna keep complaining about the /pol/ boogeyman
>>
>>58093339
...But it's being built right now, right?

???
>>
>Ajit Pai

Fucking pajeets and other variations of *jeet.
>>
>>58093376
Net neutrality means ISPs can't favor certain packets over others.

Without net neutrality you could potentially have a situation where netflix counts against your monthly data cap and they throttle your connection speed to 15mbps, but since HBO pays your ISP $10M a year, you can watch HBO online without it counting against your data cap, and at your full bitrate since it is a "preferred" service.

It basically lets your ISP double and triple dip from not only your pockets, but from other corporations as well.
>>
>>58093427
What the fuck is your point? Poland is a NATO country. We should be able to put literally whatever the fuck we want and Russia shouldn't have any say in the matter.
>>
>Pai Ajit
Can't make this shit up.
>>
>>58093376
To allow for competition and prevent ISPs from segregating their networks into basic and premium cable packages
>>
>>58093458
Like somebody decided to make an Ace Attorney villain for /g/
>>
>>58093425
I'll do both, thankyouverymuch :^)

On the topic on hand - this is just par for the course. Trumpo has been stacking his cabinet unabashed corporatists (Mnuchin's appointment proves this). This is a typical Republican administration that's disguised as some populist bullshit and I'm not surprised something like Net Neutrality would be one of the first things on the chopping block come 20 January.
>>
File: laughing silicone whore.png (119KB, 261x239px) Image search: [Google]
laughing silicone whore.png
119KB, 261x239px
>>58093078
You fucked yourself, congratulations.
>>
>>58093078
Good job, faggot.
>>
>>58093078
Trump made it clear what his intentions were from the beginning, it's all on you if you elected him anyway.
>>
>>58093580
>>58093618
>these SJWs think that saint hillary would've been better
>>
>>58093580
>>58093600
Well what was my option? Clinton was a fucking disaster, 3rd party options were all shit, Trump was shit. I basically just picked what I found to be the worst and congratulations, it's just as shit

>>58093632
>le SJW boogeyman is everyone who you disagree with
back to your containment board retard
>>
>>58092753
Nigger, not a single person voted because 'obamacare is bad'. They did it because hillary is a horrid cunt.
>>
>>58093632
Please tell me that you're going to spend the next four years saying "but Hillary!" in response to every fuckup this buffoon makes.
>>
>>58093689
Dude you know he is. No sense of self-awareness.
>>
>>58093632
Well under Obama we got NN rules. The only thing Hillary would have to do is appoint commissioners who would leave them alone. Her stance on various issues is not that different from Obama's either. Yes she'd probably leave NN alone.
>>
>>58093678
You're telling me what's been the basis of the Republican platform for the last 6 years had absolutely no effect on how people voted? Fat chance. I think the current count is ~55 time Republicans in Congress have tried to repeal Obamacare, which is kind of funny to say the least. It's almost like they've been too preoccupied with trying to repeal the damn bill to realize the Obama is the person who has to sign off on the bill to repeal it.
>>
File: 1419234554263.gif (3MB, 249x140px) Image search: [Google]
1419234554263.gif
3MB, 249x140px
>>58093632
>mfw I voted Jill Stein
And you still fucked yourself.
>>
>>58093753
They did it for show they never actually intended to repeal it because doing so would leave a lot of people without healthcare. Now that Trump is president they're actually going to have to find a reason to not repeal it which will be amazing to watch. Or alternatively they'll have to devise a better method of universal healthcare which would be equally interesting to watch.
>>
Guis what does Obamacare do?
t. Lived with parents and will graduate and get a job soon.
>>
>>58093652
/g/ isn't your safespace, leftypol
>>58093689
you white guilt faggots have been screaming "but bush" for the last eight years
>>58093762
>"""he""" is proud that he got scammed
you SJWs are so pathetic
>>
>>58093794
Net Neutrality is more important.
>>
>>58092523
If we got to keep NN under Hillary, we'd have to deal with 3rd world savages being imported en masse like in Germany. Fair trade off among other things.

>>58092742
What lobbyists? He purged all the lobbyists along with Christie. He hired plenty of CEOs, but there's nothing wrong with getting successful people for important jobs.
>>
>>58093818
Can't have NN when you're dead because some fucking muslims drove a truck of peace and ran your ass over after the government gave your tax dollars to give them handouts.
>>
>>58093818
>net neutrality is more important than not getting beheaded and raped
>>
>>58093791
I believe their current plan is to try and remove it but stall on the transition past mid-terms
>>
>>58093819
CEOs hire lobbyist, so couldn't you consider them the same by proxy?
>>
>>58093819
>>58093794
>double posting
Yeah, I can agree, I don't want more immigrants (t. Immigrant), but at the same time, I don't want to get fucked over by neonazis thinking Trump is their Lord and Savior.
>>
File: 1477053838840.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1477053838840.gif
999KB, 250x251px
>>58093506
Nah I am definitely disappointed that this is how it's turning out. I was so hopeful that kicking out the establishment scum would do some good for our country, but so far all the bad things are still present and things are going to get WORSE. Hell, it looks like we aren't even going to stop with the bullshit across seas which was a big issue to me, and instead we're going to stick our dick into it even moreso. Only bit of peace is that perhaps we can end the outsourcing going on so heavily in our nation, but I am currently not holding my breath.

@58093806
No (You) for you, going to have to try harder than that with that b8
>>
>>58093632

Was there actually anything wrong with Hillary?

I still find it hard to believe that America elected a literal retard for president (I'm a bong btw)
>>
>>58093819
And who are the people that hire lobbyists, anon?
>>
>>58093846
>>58093840
The odds of that actually happening are less than getting in a car accident. You still drive, don't you?
>>
>>58093046
didn't happen, wouldn't happen

but hey, at least now 5 random old dudes were able to take control of the internet to stop a non-existent problem! thanks liberals.
>>
>>58093857
She was a shill for literally anything that gave her money. Not that Trump isn't a mouthpiece for his billionaire friends or anything, but she seemed like she had no morals whatsoever. This election became a popularity contest and a race to get the lesser of two equally damaging evils in office.
>>
File: reeeeee.gif (562KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeee.gif
562KB, 246x205px
We're fucked.
>>
>>58093853
>>58093865
I'd rather have competent people who have a business interest than incompetent people have have a business interest or incredibly incompetent people with no business interest. That's the difference. Everyone has some kind of interest, but it doesn't matter that much since Trump is the one who sets policy, not them.

>>58093854
I deleted one because I replied to the wrong post.

>neonazis
lol, go be dumb and hysterical elsewhere.

>>58093881
Okay Hans, enjoy your sandniggers and higher taxes.
>>
Say it with me, MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDUMB
>>
>>58093857
She behaves like a robot. Her public persona has little personality and her actions always seem like they're rehearsed. People have difficulty trusting her and they think she's going to sell them out.

Apparently her personal persona is very abrasive as well.
>>
>ITT:
>regulatory capture don't real
>consumer protection always protects the consumer
>the problem isn't actually state and local government grants of monopoly

good goy
>>
>ITT: Plebs who think net neutrality is ever a good thing

Get rid of net neutrality
Competition happens
In the end, consumers hold the power
Let the free market regulate itself

You autists will be fine
>>
>>58093992
what competition?

There is no competition you dumb frogposter. There were places to start other than net neutrality such as laws across the country that prevent new ISP's from cropping up or Google from moving into new states with fiber, but glad to see the bigger deal is net neutrality
>>
>>58093992
The purpose behind net neutrality is to prevent companies from stifling competition.
>>
>>58093992
Have fun paying $30 more a month so you can shitpost on 4chan.
>>
File: 0034 - 1qfwZyT.jpg (67KB, 709x765px)
0034 - 1qfwZyT.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
>>58093982
>her actions always seem like they're rehearsed

Please don't tell me this is seen as bad in burgerland
>>
>>58092753
Obamacare is horrible and only going to get worse. You wouldn't be so smug if your premiums rose 150%
>>
>>58094023
You realize that half the people that liked Trump liked him cause he was "le so randumb and spontaneous and speaks his mind", right? Not that that's bad, just pointing out the demographic.
>>
>>58093992
>this in a world where consumers buy buy buy and don't even know they have power over corporations
>>
>>58094006
The laws preventing new ISPs are basically all local. FCC cannot just overturn every single one without looking. They did overturn some of them in certain areas to allow more competition but there's a reason they're being careful.
>>
>>58094029
I hope you realize Obamacare is shit because the government can't legally bargain down the prices on different medications. You would think /pol/ would be the first one to figure this out being against 'big pharna' and all, but no.
>>
>>58094041

I guess I realised but find it hard to believe, seeing as in the UK the politicians are expected to act very smart and knowledgeable.
>>
>>58094006
The competition that would happen if you got rid of net neutrality you sped. If one ISP is charging you for running some websites then another will do it at a lower cost. That's the way it always goes.

>>58094009
Won't happen.

>>58094019
Gee like that will really bust my bank. Fortunately I don't flip krabby patties like you.
>>
>>58094023
I don't disagree with you but that's how it was.

What I don't understand is they believed Hillary was lying about some things so they went for a guy who does nothing by lie. Sometimes he says things and then contradicts himself like the next day.
>>
>>58094070
>pol
>against big pharma
Maybe, in another time, another life, long before moot's /pol/ocaust.
>>
>>58094019
you mean like before net neutrality laws?

oh wait...
>>
>>58094023
I guess American Republicans didn't like that one candidate was actually preparing herself for the job. So they hired the guy who thought that when he became President he would just take over the previous President's staff for him and didn't hire a single person to staff the White House.
>>
>>58094077
What ISP is going to do that then?

The only ISP in my state is Comcast, followed by a few independents with painfully low speeds. iirc 30 percent of Americans only have access to 1 ISP, and I'm sure a similar tune exists with more only having access to 2 or 3
>>
>>58094077
>If one ISP is charging you for running some websites then another will do it at a lower cost. That's the way it always goes.

good luck choosing a better alternative when you either have only one option in your area or there are multiple but they all have their hands down each others pants
>>
>>58094082

I'm pretty sure they both lied, but Trumps were far more obvious.

The thing about "draining the swamp" is a good example where he filled the "swamp" with major CEO's straight away
>>
>problem doesn't exist
>OMG IT MIGHT HAPPEN
>5 bureaucrats with no accountability pass a law nobody gets to see
>later
>law might be repealed
>B...BUT IF IT'S REPEALED, THE PROBLEM THAT NEVER EXISTED WILL DEFINITELY EXIST GUYS I PROMISE. WE NEED THOSE LAWS I'VE NEVER LOOKED AT AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY REALLY DO TO PREVENT THE PROBLEM THAT NEVER EXISTED

how does one become so utterly retarded?
>>
>>58094070
The financial burden of millions on Medicare falls on the states after the first few years. Now states have to find hundreds of millions in their budget to somehow pay for it. We haven't even seen the carnage yet.
>>
10 bucks this happens

>Get rid of data caps. Advertise doing so and have everyone super happy that the data caps are completely gone, maybe even tie it into the net neutrality regulation so that people see it as a good thing.

>Slowly (and I mean oh so slowly) start throttling speed for major services like Netflix. Introduce a new plan that offers faster speeds for entertainment services.

>Once this is in place, maybe in a year or so, re-introduce packaged plans that include faster speeds for different sites, restructure the way they're bundled, etc. Maybe a "basic internet" plan that allows you to access all sites but doesn't allow online gaming or Netflix. "Entertainment package" that offers gaming/video, and so on. Champion the Basic Internet plan as the cheapest plan ever offered, allowing those who might not be able to afford internet the chance to do so, but obfuscating the fact that it wasn't that much cheaper than basic internet was a year ago and offers less than any other plan before it.
>>
>>58094077
Tons of people don't have an option when choosing ISPs unless they want to use satellite.
>>
>>58094129
>I guess American Republicans didn't like that one candidate was actually preparing herself for the job.
By being the most corrupt candidate possible and "preparing herself" by getting the questions to debates before the debates even start. But no, it was HER TURN right?

>>58094162
The swamp was career politicians who do nothing for the people, not CEOs.
>>
>>58094074
>I guess I realised but find it hard to believe, seeing as in the UK the politicians are expected to act very smart and knowledgeable.

The lower class voters do not identify with wealthy college educated politicians. They simply do not care about that stuff. They'd rather have someone who understands them and their issues and tries to find a compromise that brings them up too. They don't necessarily hate college educated people they just want to be a part of the system too.
>>
>>58093453
His point is, if there was no threat of war, we wouldn't be preparing for one.
>>
File: 1468047225179.png (198KB, 293x287px) Image search: [Google]
1468047225179.png
198KB, 293x287px
>>58092523
>tfw the TPP would have been far worse
>tfw pirate and don't care
>>
>>58094169
Doesn't the federal government literally push money towards states for Medicare? I live in GA, and I hear a story like this once every couple months about this kind of thing, where the federal government offers GA deals on Medicare/Medicaid and the governor turns it down.
>>
>>58094145
>>58094151

Better get supporting those independents so they can make some money and provide better services and in turn provide adequate competition.

This isn't hard to realize
>>
>>58094175
You can't really complain about Hillary being a corrupt corporate shill when Donny literally hired Goldman Sachs employees into the White House, I'm sorry dude.
>>
>>58094172
alright, ill take that bet.

Oh wait, we can just go back to before the laws were passed, and see it obviously didn't happen.

how do you want to give me my money?
>>
>>58094201
Not an argument.
>>
File: trump-wrong.gif (414KB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
trump-wrong.gif
414KB, 480x287px
>>58094220
>>
>>58094199
Yes, but that money goes away after 8 years or something. You will have to look it up.
>>
>>58094200
Did you even read what I said?

>when you either have only one option in your area or there are multiple but they all have their hands down each others pants

They deliberately set things up so the market cannot weed them out
>>
>>58094201
He worked for a few years early in his career over 30 years ago for GS.
>>
>>58094201
>da big bad bank man is in the white house
>I'm so scared
Get over yourself.
>>
>>58094256
Shut the fuck up you stupid Donny loving nigger, once he is a jew he is always a jew
>>
File: 1482169192232-pol.gif (2MB, 695x392px) Image search: [Google]
1482169192232-pol.gif
2MB, 695x392px
>>58092523
FUCKING CHRIST.
>mfw spotted republicans lining on the horizon ready to spread American's ass checks to their corporate overlords

I guess killing the internet is better then nuclear war with russia. TRUMP btfo of these stupid Republicans internet service is expensive enough.

fuck this gay earth
>>
>>58094194
anti ICBM is preparing for war?

ALSO

when you see russian aggression in ukraine and russia playing in conservative extremist parties in most countries, yea nato is preparing for any further possible aggression. Why wouldnt they?
>>
>>58093043
Russia doesn't want to start any wars, stop believing the (((/pol/))) memes you dummy. Besides, they couldn't even defeat the Georgians how do you expect them to take on the US?
>>
>>58094303
Call names and fling shit, is that's your response? GS only hires the best of the best in the industry. Maybe you would be happier with someone with no job that worked in (((academia)))?
>>
File: 1482167373845-pol.png (183KB, 370x359px) Image search: [Google]
1482167373845-pol.png
183KB, 370x359px
>mfw mindless Republicans think net neutrality (title 2 (the old way the internet was dealt with)) is more regulatory then title 3 (regulating internet protocals per usage basis and tracking metered specific site charges (ie. you will need to pay Comcast extra to visit YouTube))
>>
>>58094351
>>58094354
>(((
>>>/new/
>>
>>58094351
>take on the US
The problem isn't the US, its those darn little nato countries next door to russia. They expect US support and i dont think trump will provide it.
>>
>>58093632
>hurr durr SJW!

just because someone doesn't support trump and his policies does not make them an SJW, SJWs are cancer that need to be eradicated, just like neofascist millennials.
>>
>>58092523
did we really just get blue-pilled by Trump? What the fuck.
>>
File: 1481984996922-pol.png (12KB, 112x108px) Image search: [Google]
1481984996922-pol.png
12KB, 112x108px
>mfw paying $50/month for 10mbps/1mbps
>tfw ISP's don't compete like a giant drug cartels
>>
>>58094372
this!
JUST
>>
File: 4ca.png (146KB, 562x504px) Image search: [Google]
4ca.png
146KB, 562x504px
>>58092523
This will probably suck for about 4 years(hopefully) but in the end I think this is the best thing for everyone.
Let Trump and the republicans show what they are made of. Net neutrality is just one thing on the long list of things that the republicans will fuck up now that they have a majority in both houses.

If you think about it, Hillary winning would have just been over in four years without getting anything done because of obstructionism. Republicans would have kept the house regardless because of gerrymandering.

Republicans now have the chance to do almost everything they want including privatizing social security etc etc which means they have the chance to get everyone to hate them forever.

As long as they don't get us nuked then we will be able to rebuild stronger than ever afterwards.
>>
>>58094397
>neofascist millennials
-are proud of being white
-reject white guilt

Why would any white person hate these "neofascist millennials"
>>
File: 1482166762593-pol.png (169KB, 723x475px) Image search: [Google]
1482166762593-pol.png
169KB, 723x475px
>>58094391
No you dunce. NATO has it's own command. A country can still withdraw from NATO but the other member nations will still be obligated.
>>
>>58093068
He wasn't the secretary of state when he did business.
>>
>>58094483
>being proud of something you had no control over
People don't really do this do they? It's one thing to celebrate your culture, but being proud of something you had no hand in is retarded.
>>
File: 1475731036570.jpg (55KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1475731036570.jpg
55KB, 500x385px
>>58094427
>paying for 150 down
>get 10
Comcastic!
>>
>>58094527
>People don't really do this do they? It's one thing to celebrate your culture, but being proud of something you had no hand in is retarded.
you SJWs don't have any problems with it when a non-white group does it
>>
>>58094560
Fucking hell, fuck off you goddamn apenigger.
>>
>>58093439
Wouldn't routing your traffic through a vpn get around this? Still sucks that you'd have to take such steps just to use a service you pay for but I'm curious
>>
>>58092546
>>58092569
>>58092600
>>58092667
>>58092753
>>58092800
>>58093078
>>58093290
>>58093580
>>58093618
>>58094372
>>58094191
>tfw /g/ is now full of Reddit-reading, Oliver-watching libtards
>>
>>58094163
The problem did exist though, corporate drone.

-AT&T blocking FaceTime
http://www.informationweek.com/consumer/atandt-blocks-facetime-net-neutrality-complaint-filed/d/d-id/1106448

-Comcast throttling bittorrent traffic
https://www.cnet.com/news/comcast-really-does-block-bittorrent-traffic-after-all/

-Madison River Communications blocking Vonage
https://transition.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/2005/DA-05-543A2.html

-Verizon blocking tethering apps that aren't their proprietary one
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/31/fcc-verizon-tethering/?_r=0

-Time Warner Cable threatening Commercial Network Services with slower data rates if they don't pay an increased charge
https://consumerist.com/2015/06/17/the-first-complaint-of-net-neutrality-violation-is-in-and-its-against-time-warner-cable/
>>
>>58094577
>Fucking hell, fuck off you goddamn apenigger.
your BLM friends would be very upset with you if they heard what your saying on the internet, friend
>>
>>58094527
They celebrate their culture. Many of them are too intelligent to be proud of their skin color, hence the massive hatreds of Swedes and Finns.
>>
>>58094588
>Anons cared about anything other than their own skin
Newfag detected. Go back to the upboat site, no one wants politics here.
>>
>>58094588
Im just glad I got to post in the daily net-neutrality liberal circlejerk thread. We have these daily.
>>
File: 1437496144329.png (125KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1437496144329.png
125KB, 400x388px
>>58094588
>mfw I've been on 4chan since before Project Chanology

Leave my site, newfag.
>>
>>58094588
Not an argument
>>
>>58094627
>Muh sekret club
You are the cancer here
>>
>>58094612
then why do you leftists promote non white people to be proud of their race?
>>58094627
>4chan is my lefitsts hugbox
this is what leftypol actually believes
>>
>>58094657
still no argument, and not even talking about the OP

your argument belongs on /qa/ or /pol/, so you should take it there and stop posting and help keep /g/ on topic. (:
>>
File: FviuO.jpg (189KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
FviuO.jpg
189KB, 717x880px
>>58094657
>implying I'm even a leftist
>implying I visit the cancer that is /pol/

Relying on ad hominems and strawmen won't get you far outside of /pol/.
>>
>>58092615
>Literally nowhere in the article says if these "net neutrality" laws are good or bad. I still have no idea of what's happening.

This is basically the problem with net neutrality. Nobody who actually understands it is against it. But it isnt easy to understand, so its easy to lobby against it. Reversing it can make a lot of money for existing ISPs and allow larger companies to limit their competitors. They can afford the lobbying. (Keeping it protects competition and innovation, which mainly benefits future companies and us regular consumers. Those groups don't typically have powerful lobbying.)
>>
>>58094657
>implying im a lefttard
>implying i ever said anybody should be proud of their race
>>
>>58094657
libshit
>>
>>58094503
the US is nato to be fair senpai
>>
>tfw /pol/tards on /g/ want to lobby for artificial restrictions to the market which inhibit competition, innovation, and growth

How can you support crony capitalism?
>>
>>58094523
>He wasn't the secretary of state when he did business.

Oh thank god, it's totally fine now that he already has made the investments to now treat Russia favorably in regards to sanctions and any blow back for Syria or Ukraine, or anything else that may ignite. And potentially allow those investments to make massive profits because of these lessened sanctions.

Yeah glad we cleared up that conflict of interest, thank god he invested BEFORE he was secretary of state.
>>
>>58094749
yeah, crazy how people want to kill net neutrality right?
>>
>>58094791
Retards are gonna retard, I guess.
>>
>>58094706
It wasn't even up for debate on /g/ until this election cycle started up and several republican politicians and Trump started acting like it was bad because Obama supports it. Now /pol/ just spews their stupid everywhere
>>
>>58093819
>there's nothing wrong with getting successful people for important jobs.
hey anon, you're a millionaire CEO from the oil business? I'm sure you have all the relevant knowledge and competence to run the internet then, here's the position. I mean running an oil business totally makes you qualified to say jack shit about internet technology and markets, right?
>>
You want to stop neutrality? It's simple. Put a bullet through the head of every comcast/tw major shareholder then one in the CEO. When the next CEO is appointed do it again. Leave a message.

I'm pretty sure the next CEOs & shareholders will think twice about their decisions to fuck the people over.

Never understood with the people of US are more afraid of the gov than the gov is afraid of them..
>>
>>58094312
the dumbfuckistan portion of America votes Republican because "freedum" and "liburte", then republicans pass get history books that lie, teach the bible in school, ban abortion, take welfare programs away from poor people so they stay poor forever, they ban all drugs with harsh punishment, they push for death penalties (cause the state killing you is great), they push to privatize all the systems you pay into so their buddies can make money off you, and push for never ending wars that you pay for, and the Spying and Killing of Citizens cause FReedum.

:3 America is a country of Fucking Idiots.
>>
>>58094480
>Implying people wouldnt vote for them anyway because they're already retarded enough to think Donald Trump doesnt lie and change his mind every few minutes.
>>
>>58094893
typical democrat back to >>/pol/ my friend
>>
>>58094597
>AT&T blocking FaceTime
>By comparison, AT&T competitors such as Verizon and Sprint allow use of FaceTime and count any data usage toward the allotment in a subscriber's monthly plan.

NON-ISSUE

also not what net neutrality addresses

>-Comcast throttling bittorrent traffic

irrelevant to net neutrality. blocking bloated (and often illegal) kinds of data transfers is not equivalent to selling preferred access to vendors.

>-Madison River Communications blocking Vonage

>Madison River was blocking certain ports so they agreed to pay 15,000 and open those ports

again, nothing to do with net neutrality. do you even know what we're talking about?

>-Verizon blocking tethering apps that aren't their proprietary one
>VERIZON ASKED GOOGLE NOT TO ALLOW CERTAIN APPS ON THE APP STORE

literally nothing to do with ISPs.

>-Time Warner Cable threatening Commercial Network Services with slower data rates if they don't pay an increased charge
>http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/The-FCC-Has-Rejected-The-First-Silly-Net-Neutrality-Complaint-135321

>CNS (a smaller operator) appears to be arguing that net neutrality somehow means it's entitled to free peering...just because. As such, it was never never likely that the complaint would be taken seriously by the FCC.

And indeed, it wasn't. Apparently the CNS complaint ticket was closed with little fanfare, and the company was informed they should try to hammer out their problems with Time Warner Cable privately

PA-THETIC
>>
File: 5087013.png (34KB, 493x276px) Image search: [Google]
5087013.png
34KB, 493x276px
>>58094191
>The lower class voters would rather have someone who understands them
>Elect a billionaire born with a silver spoon in his mouth
>>
>>58093992
Just like cable companies right ?
>>
>>58095143
What is free peering
>>
File: sadpanda.jpg (13KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
sadpanda.jpg
13KB, 260x260px
Why do I even bother keep going back to this board.
>>
>>58095168
Theres a reason why they're lower class m8
>>
>>58095126
im not a democrat. the democrats are guilty of the same nonsense, but less overtly. they enter fights ready to give up and bend at the knees, pretending the scraps they get are enough while letting republicans sell the people down the river.

but at least the democratic voters can be reasoned with. republican voters tend to be completely close minded and stuck in their right wing echo chamber Unequipped to take in new information or have a reasonable discussion of ideas. All while putting micro tyrants in power. it would be nice if they learned, but they will likely die from poisoned drinking water and obesity. Letting future generations suffer their ignorance.
>>
>>58095168
He talked on their level, he acted like he was one of them. The fact that he wasn't afraid to speak his mind resonated with certain voters also. His behavior and general demeanor were radically different from any other politician and Trump's campaign utilized that, he was not a traditional "career" politician he was just a blue collar guy (who happened to be a billionaire).

Voters don't care about how much money you have they only care if you try to connect with them and Trump did while Hillary did not.
>>
Personally, I say let the country go to as much shit as it possibly can, and let a phoenix rise from the ashes of the retarded eagle.
>>
>>58095303
A sizable portion of democrats are also completely close minded, unfortunately. SJWs are a testament to that. But it does seem to lean more heavily toward republicans, I wouldn't be surprised if that mentality is the same reason why republicans tend to be way more religious too. And them being religious then creates a feedback loop that just prevents them from ever considering other points of view, because they were that way to begin with.
>>
>>58095246
>http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Settlement-free+peering
>>
>>58095330
Damn this nigga got good PR. This anon is right. Trump didn't need to *be* the working class candidate, he just had to *look* like one. Hillary was a pompous twat that strutted around like she owned the whole thing (which, to be fair, she practically did), while Trump walked, talked, and acted like a blue-collar worker.
What boggles my mind though is the rich assholes with nice cars and big houses, and I do see them around where I live so don't tell me Trump got in on the populist vote alone, who say Trump spoke to them on a personal level. The only reason they could have for voting Trump is the glorious tax cuts they'll receive, but the rest of his message means fuck all to them, so why did they get behind him as much as they did?
>>
>>58095412
Because america is becoming brown. That's it. That's the reason.
>>
>>58095412
Because he lied. Trump is in the same camp as them; why wouldn't he line his own pockets if he could enact the legislation to do so?
>>
Is anyone here against net neutrality?
>>
>>58094588
the fact nobody checked these is proof they are newpoofs
>>
>>58095412
I think at this point the people who are going to him feel its better to at least have input in the process since it was clear he was going to win. If they don't speak up then Trump may not even consider their side.
>>
>>58095412
>the glorious tax cuts they'll receive

They need any more reason ? They already got everything they need, they don't have issues getting by every month, they don't starve, don't need to hold 3 jobs, don't need help with getting their kids through school. The only thing they need is more of what they already have, which is money.

Meanwhile poor people are starving for answers to their problems. Unfortunately, they don't / can't understand complex answers to complex problems, so having someone tell them there's a simple solution gets them on board. Doesn't matter if that solution doesn't work.

Then you get Hillary, she offers complex "solutions" that won't work, panders to corporate america and doesn't even bother pretending to offer simpler explanations to the lower class. Trump at least tried that.
>>
>>58095353
if what ive hear from Jordan Peterson is true people on the Right tend to be more exclusionary. They seek to divide people for homogeneity, keeping the "others" out. Liberals seek homogeneity of Thought. they are more willing to talk to you and try to convince you. SWJ's go one step to far and seek to punish, in the same way religious people dont want to serve gays, conservatives dont want to help the poor, racists dont want to serve blacks, religious people hate atheists. the right is scared of new ideas and people. the Left is not...until you step to far into Wrong think tumblr land.

https://youtu.be/x_fBYROA7Hk

its scary if the right starts fucking with the internet. cause they dont give a fuck about others and its likely not even part of their mental tool kit to even consider the impact outside of their own personal benefit.
>>
>>58095461
You are a newpoof
>>
>>58095528
(You)
>>
>>58094749
Stupid of course

Republicans seriously believe that the isp will Magically start competing, stop their non-compete clauses and actually start giving people good Internet speed as fast as the other countries in the world but of course they didn't do this for the last 10 years when net neutrality wasn't a thing
>>
>>58093992
>Competition happens
>In the end, consumers hold the power
Yea but competition didn't happen at all in the last 15 years before net neutrality what makes you think they'll do it now?
>>
the Internet needs to become a Public Utility, which private companies can seek to maintain to provide their customers with stable service and upkeep.
>>
>>58095442
everyone who appears to be here are just memeing. there's no cogent argument against it if you believe in keeping the internet free and open.

>but what about muh free market

"muh free market" is what gave us the ISP collusions in nearly every municipality in the US. ISPs cant be expected to play fairly. they have to be forced.
>>
>>58095527
liberals seek to make everyone agree with them while the right seeks to let everyone have their own opinion and way of doings things.

liberals are more willing to shove their shit down your throat no matter how stupid they sound or forceful they're being, while people on the right while acknowledge they're not getting through and let you go about your business.

the left is, of course, terrified of new ideas because they don't know how to effectively argue. this thread is proof of that.
>>
>>58093901
>didn't happen, wouldn't happen
Can and will happen. Net neutrality was literally the only thing stopping it from happening.

If you want to attempt to understand net neutrality and where we're headed listen to Tim Wu. He coined the term Net Neutrality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s7dJxDSHMk
>>
>>58095604
local issue. people need to start petitioning their local governments to allow more competition instead of looking to overarching and bloated regulation to cover up the problems of the broken system. broken, btw, by the local governments and the fcc which acts like some kind of apologist for them.
>>
>post on /qa/ that /pol/posting is a problem and devolves into MUH LIBERALS or MUH CONSERVATIVES every fucking time
>lol that doesn't happen

Thanks for the proof thread, /g/
>>
>>58095865
>Can and will happen. Net neutrality was literally the only thing stopping it from happening.

nope, didnt happen and wont happen. ISPs know it will be suicide.
>>
>>58095865
well, this guy was pretty shitty at his job because it never happened.
>>
>>58095904
Good job, I mean that. If mods start catching onto this shit and start banning it on site, then the bigger blueboards will make a good recovery to becoming more on topic again.
>>
>>58095943
>mods
They can also see how >>58095904 samefagged to bear-bait people in to proving his non-point.
>>
File: Att_history.jpg (529KB, 4500x1980px) Image search: [Google]
Att_history.jpg
529KB, 4500x1980px
>>58094200
Those independents don't last long. They all get bought up eventually. Look at what happened after we broke up.
>>
>>58093992
>retard buys the no regulation meme
>retard thinks large corporations give a shit about their autistic ass

XD XD XD XD
>>
>>58095522
Fuck me, who knew 4chan could produce a nuanced answer.
>>
>>58095966
I didn't samefag shit you dumbass, holy fuck. The cognitive dissonance you must be having is absolutely astounding. I've been trying to talk about the issue at hand - whether net neutrality is good or not. If you want to have a sissy fight over political ideologies go to fucking /pol/

>>58095943
It's just getting old. This happens even on boards like /ck/ and /m/, and it's fucking shitty.
>>
Just a friendly reminder to everyone in this thread that you are literally arguing against the wind.

You have absolutely no authority in the eyes of your opponents, and by that reasoning have no ability whatsoever to change their minds.

You are spending time and energy arguing for the sake of arguing, giving yourself a fleeting feeling of superiority, only to have it crash down as soon as you realize that nothing that you've said is convincing anyone, and that in the end, all you have done is compacted your own anger,

Maybe it is time to go outside?

:^)
>>
>>58096046
>Maybe it is time to go outside?

But it works the same way outside anon.
>>
>>58095836
> right seeks to let everyone have their own opinion and way of doings things.

And water fountains and schools.

>liberals are more willing to shove their shit down your throat no matter how stupid they sound

the right is more likely to see the discussion of ideas as a Physical Assault on their Being, while rejecting reality, new methods, and ideas.

> they don't know how to effectively argue.

they are often talking to walls that are scared of change.
its sometimes really strange that I will talk to republican family members, friends, and random people online and they often dont Understand or want to understand that we Agree on Just about everything, but it completely goes against their nature to want to accept that they agree with a Liberal. Where its not that the Arguments are weak, its that the person receiving the arguments doesnt understand them. Its all going completely over their heads. The scope is to Large for their Narrow perception.

I often scare them away by asking questions. For its the biggest sin is to get them to summarize what they actually believe and be show in error.
>>
>>58092523
i have a plan and it couldn't be any more red blooded american. if you're against net neutrality, you're gonna get a baseball bat upside your head by me because I'm bigger and stronger tham you. the baseball bat will be made by louisville slugger. support america. support baseball. hit an anti american anti net neutrality moron upside the head with a finely crafted louiville slugger baseball bat. god bless.
>>
>>58096141
But where do you fit burgers and freedom fries in that ?
>>
>vote Trump
>Trump says he will save factory
>negotiates factory to stay instead of outsourcing to Mexico
>"negotiation" was actually corporate welfare
>corporate still outsources to Mexico because Mexicans can do the same work, with no reduction in the quality of the goods, for less, even with tax incentives and free money from the state
>uses free money to automate local factory
>hail God Emperor Trump
>>
>>58095803
>utility
Lel,That reminds how about a /pol/ thread where people were so assblasted Google could manipulate search results. They were calling for jail time and billion dollar fines because Google had become a "utility" just like water and power. Not the internet mind you, but google search.
>>
i unironically have complete faith in trump and support whatever his decision may be.

>>58096139

schools should be shut down.
>>
File: SrpYt.png (28KB, 358x304px) Image search: [Google]
SrpYt.png
28KB, 358x304px
>>58096225
>/pol/ getting ass mad when a private company does something
>calls for the government to intervene and jail private company executives

Every show of hypocrisy from /pol/ is like a gift to me, and it's not even christmas.
>>
File: 1482108717.png (854KB, 933x554px) Image search: [Google]
1482108717.png
854KB, 933x554px
>>58096246
This, schools are just a glorified day care facility. They don't fucking care about education at all.
>>
>>58096246
I can see that being in Republican interest. The uneducated are one of their major voting blocks.
>>
>>58096214
ever since the election, i really didn't think i'd see such gross ignorance rival that of obama supporters after he won in 2008, but...here we are. people still legitimately honestly believe trump will bring back peanut-wage jobs.
>>
>>58096192
what d'ya think powers all the louisville sluggin?
>>
>>58096246
>i unironically have complete faith in trump and support whatever his decision may be.

Sounds like cuck talk to me. Replace "Trump" with "My wife" and it's every /pol/tard's fantasy wet dream.
>>
Soon Americans will be forced to have internet IDs.
>>
>>58096263
>people i disagree with on the internet show hypocrisy in their line of reasoning
>i love seeing this, because it inflates my own fragile ego even further

I don't get this way of thinking.
>>
>>58096288
Genius
>>
Thanks Drumpf
>>
>>58096297
Call that bolstering my fragile ego, I call that enjoying a trainwreck.

I don't even need to argue with them anymore, they just do it for me.
>>
>>58094588
I predict 4chan is about to swing to the left pretty soon
>>
File: louisville1.jpg (319KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
louisville1.jpg
319KB, 2048x1536px
>>58096288
weiners and anti net neutrality noggins mainly.
>>
>>58093632
Congress would have blocked her from doing anything important and things would've remained the same.
>>
>>58096297
You know that artist hangout fire a few weeks ago? /pol/ has been looking up similar places because liberals and and SJWs live there, and then reporting the buildings to local fire departments and police en masse. They claim they want to save lives but really they are just fucking with some hippies to bolster their fragile egos.
>>
>>58096364
Not pretty soon. It's going to be a gradual paradigm shift. Same one we saw taking years to happen after Obama got elected that peaked a few years ago.
4chan is by nature contrarian, it always slowly aligns itself against the established power.
>>
>>58096387
Now we have a chance for real change
>>
>>58096517
Change isn't inherently good or bad but getting rid net neutrality is bad.
>>
>>58096450
All the better. Motivation, intentions, and politics aside, people really shouldn't be squatting in abandoned buildings. That fire was a good reason why.
>>
>>58094587
They can block VPNs as well. ISPs would be retarded not to block them in an internet without net neutrality. Have to force everyone to pay extra for their whitelisted sites.
>>
>>58096139
>And water fountains and schools.
that was the left you retard. read a history book

>the right is more likely to see the discussion of ideas as a Physical Assault on their Being, while rejecting reality, new methods, and ideas.

verifiably false by even a passing review of public discourse.

>they are often talking to walls that are scared of change.
its sometimes really strange that I will talk to republican family members, friends, and random people online and they often dont Understand or want to understand that we Agree on Just about everything, but it completely goes against their nature to want to accept that they agree with a Liberal. Where its not that the Arguments are weak, its that the person receiving the arguments doesnt understand them. Its all going completely over their heads. The scope is to Large for their Narrow perception.

>I often scare them away by asking questions. For its the biggest sin is to get them to summarize what they actually believe and be show in error.

>capitalizing large, narrow, understand, agree, and arguments

maybe you're just an insufferable cunt and being around you is physically painful?
>>
>>58096450
>someone does something stupid so it makes it ok if i do something stupid

I'll never understand this way of thinking.
>>
>>58096499
>it always slowly aligns itself against the established power

Kek, I don't think so tim
>>
>>58096141
baseball is for faggots.
>>
>>58096279

it's interesting you say that when the democrats rely so heavily on poor minorities that they endorse demographic change through immigration as their primary strategy

in any case, our schools have nothing to do with education, in fact to the contrary, one could observe that they are designed to produce people incapable of being educated at all ever again.

you do have hollywood on your side, though.
>>
>>58096548
The buildings aren't abandoned, they are warehouses people bought to make some kind of artist communes.
>>
>>58094115
You mean before the Internet took over cable as the most profitable medium for ISPs?
>>
>>58096291

that would be in contradiction to the fact that trump supporters are the group that has the compunction to call out cuckoldry as immoral and bad, where the liberals and democrats are quick to call them out for being 'outdated' in their perspective and insensitive to 'alternative sexualities'.
>>
>>58096578
Sorry, run-down then. They should also put cash together to make sure it's up to code. That or they can enjoy suffocating to death again when a DJ does a half-baked job of setting up his system.
>>
>>58092546
>fell for
Some of us legitimately just wantbto watch the world burn.
>>
>>58096625
was for >>58096594
>>
>>58096625

/pols/ been extremely active in assisting local authorities enforce fire, safety, and occupancy codes.
>>
>>58096650
Why can't you just kill yourself?
>>
pol is a cesspool moot left as a giant fu to this place
>>
This is what happens when mindless, edgy teens sign up for memeym politics and willing shill their shit 24/7. The worst part is that "it isnt just to endure 4 bad years", it's the fact that once these mega corporations further assert control over the system, the easier it will be to subvert any and all opposition, specially in a lobbyist controlled government.

I really hope we can win this uphill fight, but im genuinly concerned we'll soon see the end of the free and open internet at an accelerated level.
>>
>>58096610
no, I mean before last year when we passed the absolutely necessary massive regulation by 5 old dudes in the FCC that no one got to see until after it passed that you likely know nothing about yourself.
>>
>>58092600
>>replace it with greedy corporations that will gladly take your money and provide subpar service
THEY ARE ALREADY DOING THIS IN USA

ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED
>>
>>58094029
The people whose premiums rose by absurd amounts that I've heard of said they used to pay something like $40 a month before. It doesn't take an actuary to know that any health insurance offering conprehensive coverage for $40 a month must be "cheating" in some way by optimizing their risk pool in ways that disadvantage less healthy people by forcing them into super expensive price brackets. In my (europoor) opinion, healthcare should make it possible for everyone to get good coverage at a somewhat affordable rates, not just people who were healthy up to the point when they first get coverage.
Inherent in that idea is of course the fact that healthy people will subsidize less healthy people, but anything else leads to a situation where if you have bad luck and get some rare expensive-to-treat disease, you're just fucked with debt for all your life. That can't be right.
>>
>>58096814
And this just goes further down that hole that will have a direct effect on your internet usage
>>
>>58096827
>use extremely expensive service
>have to pay a lot of money for it

there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>58096625
Well the place that burned wasn't so much run down and it was full of shit, I mean "art"
>>
>>58092523

Republicans are the party of big business. Democrats are the party of small business. Libertarians are the party of their own business. Communists are the party of everybody's business. 4chan is just the party. :D
>>
>>58096883
Why even have health insurance at all then? Remember, if you're insured at super cheap rates because you've been healthy up until now but get asshole cancer which might cost $200k a year to treat, you'll be paying much less than some other person who happened to be uncovered - for whatever reason, legitimate or less so - when he got his asshole cancer. You're arguing in favor of letting the more fortunate person live for free while the less fortunate one must either burden themselves with unpayable debt or just straight up die. Sounds pretty archaic to me.
>>
>>58096883
You've obviously never had a major health issue.

Or you are underage and rely on your parents money for everything.
>>
>Net Neutrality revoked
>ISPs filter out traffic that isn't major companies like Google, etc
>Broke companies like 4chan and alt-right sites can't afford to pay for access
>People lose access to /pol/, Brietbart etc
>Trumpets end up killing themselves

So what's the harm again?
>>
>>58096499
>Not pretty soon. It's going to be a gradual paradigm shift.

/pol/ here.

Remember, no enemies to the right.

If we have to criticize Trump it'll be for not being rightist enough.
>>
>>58097130
>Remember, no enemies to the right.
Spoken like a true lapdog.

Criticism is criticism, doesn't matter which side is the target.
>>
>THEY FELL FOR THE GOP MEME

ENJOY BEING FUCKED FOR 4-8 YEARS, FAGGOTS
>>
>>58096827
It went from $180 first year of OC to a lil under $400 for just me. Its very common for rates to rise 20-30% a year. My sister would pay $1200 for a family of four.
>>
>>58097130
Have some goddamn respect for yourself, nigga.
>>
>>58096974
>Why even have health insurance at all then?

now you're getting it. health insurance is a scam. also now its the law, thanks to obamacare.

>Remember, if you're insured at super cheap rates because you've been healthy up until now but get asshole cancer which might cost $200k a year to treat, you'll be paying much less than some other person who happened to be uncovered - for whatever reason, legitimate or less so - when he got his asshole cancer. You're arguing in favor of letting the more fortunate person live for free while the less fortunate one must either burden themselves with unpayable debt or just straight up die. Sounds pretty archaic to me.

that's not how insurance works. if you paid so little, insurance probably wouldn't cover the whole thing. even then, your premiums would skyrocket. health insurance, like any business, exists to make money. because they offer no tangible service, the only way they could make money is for you to give them more then they pay you.

at least if you get into debt for some health catastrophe you actually get some benefit out of the interest you pay, while health insurance can easily end up being a drain with absolutely no benefit for most of your life.

also, if you think your government is going to spend 6 figures on your treatment in your shitty NHS you're naive as fuck. most cancer treatments in america are not available in countries with public healthcare, and america has some of the best cancer survival rates in the world.
>>
>>58097195
They got tired of getting fucked by the left, obviously
>>
>>58097030
reminder that you retards are the ones defending the broken system, not me.
>>
>>58096969
>4chan is just the party. :D
haha haha
Oh how I wish this was (still) true.
>>
>>58097157
>Criticism is criticism, doesn't matter which side is the target.

Of course. That's why I say, we'll criticize for not being rightist enough, not for being too rightist.

Don't blame me. We learned from the left. It works. They never shit on their own for being too lefty. See what recently happened with Castro.
>>
>>58097212
That shitty NHS is literally billions in the red also
>>
>>58097250
The leaf PM was the only cuck who praised castro.
>>
>>58097199
And that sucks. I can't say exactly where the boundary between reasonable and unreasonable premiums lies in the US, but I'm pretty sure $180 is not enough to sustain a representative risk pool.
>>58097212
You are a retard my man. I don't live in the UK, there is no NHS here. We mandate private insurers to offer public plans with specific minimum coverage requirements etc.
And I can attest to this system not being a scam. I am a diabetic (type 1 just so you don't try to skew this into being my fault) and need about $1000 in supplies each month. My premium is about $300 or so a month so that seems to be working out in my favor. Should diabetics be left to die if they were born into a poor family who couldn't afford healthcare for their kids (my diabetes manifested at age 9 so again, don't even try to spin this into it being the fault of diabetics for being dumb enough to get diabetes when they're not covered)?
Also, my mom has MS and her meds (interferon) cost upwards of $30k a year. Insurance pays for it, with no premium increase because that would be illegal. How in the fuck is this system a scam? All it does is prevent people from being plunged into a shitty life filled with uncertainty and dread by pure bad luck.
>>
>>58096619
Yes, congratulation on pointing out the point he was making about /pol/ being a bunch of hypocrites. You win.
>>
>>58097346
Yeah is was always less than $200 but now suddenly 3 years later, I pay double for less coverage and a much higher deductible.
>>
>>58097441

they're only hypocrites if you choose to interpret supporting trump as hypocritical for /pol/. that's a, ah, interesting opinion i guess.
>>
>>58092546
I hope no one.

You can hate Shillary all you want but the GOP platform is fucking bonkers.
>>
>>58097512
It's hypocritical to support Trump regardless of anything he does or say. It's just as hypocritical to do the same with any other candidate. Not holding the people in power accountable is how we end up with shit shows we've seen for the past few decades. Shit shows /pol/ has been constantly railing about.

When Trump said Clinton was corrupt because of her ties with Wall Street, then immediately appoints Goldman Sachs to his cabinet, there should be opposition from the people who agreed with Trump on the first point, not praise.
>>
>>58092851
Also, Dick Cheney is apparently a top adviser.
>>
/r/the_donald memes are gonna sink Trump's popularity on this website faster then you can say "PC Gaming Master Race"

At least I hope so.
>>
>>58097602
>Palpatine is back in office.
Well that's good to hear.
>>
>>58097574

how can it be hypocritical to support something 'no matter what'? the meaning of the word 'hypocrisy' is 'lack of criticism', specifically, ignoring the gap between your words and your actions. so if someone supports trump, and acts like it, they're not hypocritical. they're acting with perfect self-congruence.

it's your opinion that it's bad or wrong or stupid, but other people have different opinions.

clintons corruption is deep and wide, it's not specifically because of a 'tie' to wall street, it would be more about pay-to-play politics such as the clinton foundation engages in with financial concerns; in any case, what do you mean by 'ties'? does anyone with stocks have 'ties'? is anyone who works for a bank 'tied'?

i trust trump, and i trust his appointments. the point was never, ever that 'rich people are bad'. i assume by 'goldman sachs' you mean, 'a former employee of goldman sachs'. do you think that everyone who works for goldman sachs is evil? i for one have faith that trump will communicate with and control his appointments to ensure that they do their job - and you know he won't have a problem saying "you're fired" if they don't!
>>
File: ftotHealthExp_pC_USD_long[1].png (381KB, 1874x2126px) Image search: [Google]
ftotHealthExp_pC_USD_long[1].png
381KB, 1874x2126px
>There is literally nothing wrong with America's healthcare system
>>
>>58097725
No correlation between age and health care costs obviously
>>
>>58097692
>they're acting with perfect self-congruence.
Except they aren't. Trump built himself up as an anti-establishment candidate, who'd "clean out the swamp". Most of his candidate picks are establishment republicans such as >>58097602
or corporate CEOs who have been lobbying in Washington for years, thus being the major cause of corruption. Voting for him and supporting his picks is the definition of hypocrisy.

>clintons corruption is deep and wide, it's not specifically because of a 'tie' to wall street, it would be more about pay-to-play politics such as the clinton foundation engages in with financial concerns
Yes, such as receiving donations from Goldman Sachs and soros.
>does anyone with stocks have 'ties'
Indeed, in politics if you have something to personally gain from your policies, that's called a conflict of interests. You're not supposed to act in the interests of your bank account when you're president, you were elected to benefit the people. And when your policies are going to affect your bank account negatively, but benefit thousands if not millions, then you should be expected to overlook your personal benefits.

> i assume by 'goldman sachs' you mean, 'a former employee of goldman sachs
I mean the Chief Operating Officer of Goldman Sach. He also appointed the CEO of exxon mobile, who has deep ties with Russian private oil businesses. Trump also has millions invested in Saudi businesses and owes millions to multiple banks.
>>
>>58097346
>You are a retard my man. I don't live in the UK, there is no NHS here. We mandate private insurers to offer public plans with specific minimum coverage requirements etc.
>And I can attest to this system not being a scam. I am a diabetic (type 1 just so you don't try to skew this into being my fault) and need about $1000 in supplies each month. My premium is about $300 or so a month so that seems to be working out in my favor. Should diabetics be left to die if they were born into a poor family who couldn't afford healthcare for their kids (my diabetes manifested at age 9 so again, don't even try to spin this into it being the fault of diabetics for being dumb enough to get diabetes when they're not covered)?
>Also, my mom has MS and her meds (interferon) cost upwards of $30k a year. Insurance pays for it, with no premium increase because that would be illegal. How in the fuck is this system a scam? All it does is prevent people from being plunged into a shitty life filled with uncertainty and dread by pure bad luck.

>my insurance takes 300 from me
>pays 1000 bucks back
>somehow this is a viable business model

see a problem here? someone's getting fucked. its not you. congratulations, you're an exception. you think other, healthy people should be fucked to take of you and justify that as fairness because you don't want to take responsibility for your own health.
>>
>>58097883
>you don't want to take responsibility for your own health.

He's not responsible for his own debilitating genetic illness, it's type 1 diabetes, he said so multiple times, he was born with it. Likewise, someone catching a disease like MS isn't responsible. Are you saying people who randomly get diseases should just die if they can't afford health-care ? I hate to be that guy, but that policy means you'd let babies die if their parents can't afford the massive bills the surprise illness just gave them. Is it the babies fault for being born with it ? Is it the parent's fault for having a kid with random genetic disorders ?
>>
>>58097800

>Except they aren't. Trump built himself up as an anti-establishment candidate, who'd "clean out the swamp". Most of his candidate picks are establishment republicans such as >>58097602
or corporate CEOs who have been lobbying in Washington for years, thus being the major cause of corruption. Voting for him and supporting his picks is the definition of hypocrisy.

your opinion that selecting several people who happen to have been establishment actors to cabinet seats is 'corruption' is basically non-sequitor. i can see how you may jump to make that connection, but that doesn't mean it's true. 'draining the swamp' =/= appointing nobodies.

>Yes, such as receiving donations from Goldman Sachs and soros.

sure, that's part of it, in light of what she did in exchange for them, and so forth. what's that have to do with his appointment?

you're really just expecting my imagination to play along with you to a worst case scenario - and i'm not going along with it - that's not what i think.

>Indeed, in politics if you have something to personally gain from your policies

EVERYONE has something to gain from making america great again - until i see actual evidence of his appointments misbehaving and being allowed to, i'm not going to go down this imaginary future in which trumps appointments betray his trust and leadership. that's what it is, after all. you're imagining what could happen. but he's not even president yet.

consider the possibility that everything works out just fine, what will you say then? will you recognize the error you make now, when that comes to pass?

>I mean the Chief Operating Officer of Goldman Sach. He also appointed the CEO of exxon mobile, who has deep ties with Russian private oil businesses. Trump also has millions invested in Saudi businesses and owes millions to multiple banks.

rex tillerson is a generally decent fellow. as for the other stuff i'm guessing it's just fake news about trump that you heard on facebook - not true.
>>
>>58092953
>The Democrats represent the outsiders -- government for the actual People.

Pfft yeah Saudi-funded Wall Street Hillary represented the average person
>>
>>58097941
>He's not responsible for his own debilitating genetic illness, it's type 1 diabetes, he said so multiple times, he was born with it

who gives a shit? he has a health problem, its his responsibility to deal with it. that's how life works.

>Are you saying people who randomly get diseases should just die if they can't afford health-care ?

no, they should pay for it. if they cant afford it, they can take debt. at least if they're getting something out of their debt, unlike most people on insurance who get nothing out of it.

>I hate to be that guy, but that policy means you'd let babies die if their parents can't afford the massive bills the surprise illness just gave them. Is it the babies fault for being born with it ? Is it the parent's fault for having a kid with random genetic disorders ?

is it societies fault? since responsibility only lies with the person whose to blame, then I suppose we should start sending the bill to the forces of evolution, since that's the only thing you can fairly blame for that.
>>
>>58097990
>sure, that's part of it, in light of what she did in exchange for them, and so forth. what's that have to do with his appointment?
So you think him appointing people working for companies he owes money to has absolutely nothing to do with the fact he owes money to them ? You're starting to sound delusional.
>your opinion that selecting several people who happen to have been establishment actors to cabinet seats is 'corruption' is basically non-sequitor
The fact is that several people who've been causing corruption by lobbying in Washington are now given positions of power in Washington. Corruption that was heavily criticized by Trump, especially in regard's to Clinton's ties to the very same people he's now naming in his cabinet. It's not an opinion.

>until i see actual evidence of his appointments misbehaving
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/betsy-devos-all-children-matter-election-fines-231954
His education picks owes millions in election fraud fines, you know that other thing Trump complained about for a while. That's one.
>i'm not going to go down this imaginary future in which trumps appointments betray his trust and leadership
That's because they won't betray his trust. We don't live in your imaginary present where Trump is a saint and only his picks could possibly do wrong. He's just as corrupt as they are.

>it's just fake news
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/us/politics/donald-trump-debt.html
http://fortune.com/2016/03/23/donald-trump-debt/

And before you call those fake news that's their source, Trump's own financial documents. Read at your leisure :
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2838696-Trump-2016-Financial-Disclosure.html
>>
>>58097446
That's fucking retarded man, Obamacare is definitely not the definitive solution to the USA's healthcare issues. But I'm still convinced that healthcare needs to be public in the end, even if it means some people will pay a lot more (if their shit was way too cheap before) compared to the old system. In the end I think it should be possible to get comprehensive coverage (i.e. $2k deductible with everything else covered fully) for like $350/month for everyone. Then it's the government's job to introduce subsidies for those who need them, because obviously not everyone can afford that.
I just think everyone should be able to live with a certain sense of security that a sudden illness won't ruin their life beyond its direct effects on their health (factoring in reasonable, modern healthcare). I feel like bargaining over the value of people's health vs. my personal wealth is a really cynical and callous thing to do, and we as a society can afford to look after the public's health to the best of our abilities (within reasonable boundaries - i.e. if you want some fancy special shit to be covered, you need private insurance which can refuse you based on whatever criteria they want).
Captcha: Torre Pruitt
>>
>>58098022
>who gives a shit?
Him ? His family ?
>he has a health problem, its his responsibility to deal with it. that's how life works.
That's how you say how life works. How I say life works is that we live in a society, we have the means to take care of each others and not fuck each others in the dirt while insurance companies profit over the corpses of those who couldn't afford their benevolence. Sorry to burst your bubble shill, but companies aren't your friend, when you get sick and need their help (and you will get sick, inevitably), they're going to find every opportunity to deny it.
>they can take debt
And that's the problem. Debt is terrible for the economy. You're arguing for millions of people to get in debt. Guess what happened last time millions were in debt ? Guess what's happening right now. You're basically asking for people to become debt-slaves based on pure luck.

>is it societies fault? since responsibility only lies with the person whose to blame, then I suppose we should start sending the bill to the forces of evolution, since that's the only thing you can fairly blame for that.
It's nobodies fault, that's the point. Therefore, since we have the means to help each others, we shouldn't expect people to rely on pure luck to get through life. When someone in the society gets sick, the society takes care of him, so he can contribute to the society and contribute to help the other people who get sick. Sorry if that concept is completely alien to you.
>>
>>58098178

>So you think him appointing people working for companies he owes money to has absolutely nothing to do with the fact he owes money to them

do you have a single fact to back that up?

>The fact is that several people who've been causing corruption by lobbying in Washington are now given positions of power in Washington. Corruption that was heavily criticized by Trump, especially in regard's to Clinton's ties to the very same people he's now naming in his cabinet. It's not an opinion.

that's what YOU think is happening. that's mostly a rough assessment formed from fake news and your personal leanings.

>His education picks owes millions in election fraud fines,

that's an undecided open court case that seems to be on shaky grounds from ohio's perspective.

>That's because they won't betray his trust. We don't live in your imaginary present where Trump is a saint and only his picks could possibly do wrong.

i never doubted trump before and i don't doubt him now. i don't have any moral qualms with anything he's done or said. he's consistent with exactly the kind of president i hoped we would get. so far, i'm extremely satisfied.

>http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/us/politics/donald-trump-debt.html
>http://fortune.com/2016/03/23/donald-trump-debt/

see, this is why i don't trust the NY times. donald trump has """debt""", sure anyone in his position does, but it's a small amount and it's not as though he can't pay, he just has favorable interest rates that market conditions favor retaining at this time rather than investing his capital to pay the debt. if you owe a million and have a million, and your interest is 2% but you can make 4% on a 1 million dollar investement, paying your debt would cost a LOT more than just paying your annual premium on the debt. the fact that media can twist this into fake news and spread lies is astonishing. but people like easy to digest, simple stories - they don't want to think.
>>
>>58098298
Welp, I'm done.
I've provided evidence, given straight from Trump himself and you still deny it and call it "fake news".

Enjoy your next 4 years shill, it's not gonna be that bad at first. In fact, it might get better in the first few years. I wish you that small respite, because after that, it's not gonna look pretty.
>>
>>58098327

>4

*8+
>>
I'm sensing the start of a real change of opinion on this website now that Drumpf's real intentions are coming out and all the kids who voted for him are realising what a huge fuck up they have made.

Unfortunately, it's too late. We needed this change of opinion shortly after he announced that he was running.
>>
>>58098370
But that was the honey moon meme magic stage. Let the retards have their fun, the 4chan pendulum will swing back to hating all politics soon enough.
>>
>>58098348
>+
Wishing for a dictatorship too ? Now you're just making me giddy.
>>
>>58098396

i do believe that autocracy / monarchy is the best form of government, yes. i don't believe in democracy and i think republics have some of the worst of both worlds. furthermore, even under our own system, why not elect a person for a third or fourth or fifth term if people like how they're doing? it makes no sense, and honestly social and national change takes longer than 4 or even 8 years, how can a nation make plans for 10-100 years into the future if power continually changes hands? it's not a sustainable system.
>>
>>58098442
It's like that because the republicans kept getting cucked by FDR.
>>
>>58098557

well i guess we'll see what can be done.
>>
>>58098442
>i do believe that autocracy / monarchy is the best form of government, yes. i don't believe in democracy
>*tips fedora*
>>
>>58098442
>autocracy / monarchy is the best form of government
I mean if you want stuff getting done and don't necessarily care about the end result then it's a perfect system. There's also the glaring problem of who should be the successor to the throne when the time comes.
>>
>>58098442
Sadly, your god king only has 10, 15 years top of life left in him. I'm surprised it took this long for you to straight out come out and say you'd like Trump as dictator. You could be honest and upfront next time, maybe you'll have less people bothering to argue with you.
>>
>>58098787
Oh also, forgot to point out. I also agree that autocracy is the best form of government for getting shit done. Unfortunately, humans aren't fit to be dictators, because of their short lifespans, corruptibility and propensity to act entirely out of self-interest and emotion. The technology to grant us a good dictator is still way, way off into the future, if ever.
>>
>>58095265
How will this effect the Panda?
>>
>>58094172
The fuck? Burgers have data caps in year of out god and saviour 2016?
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.