[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was windows 7 hated when it first released? I wasn't active

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (11KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 225x224px
Was windows 7 hated when it first released? I wasn't active on any boards back then and seeing how windows 10 is being shitted on the day it was made makes me wonder if windows 7 has just grown on people since it launched. I can't imagine /g/ and /b/ not making fun win7 being the worst OS ever back in 2009.

You can't tell me you guys fell in love with it instantly.
>>
Everyone shilled it... I hated it and windows 7 was the reason I changed to Linux. It was the first windows version that was condescending to it's users and the first OS that treated me like a baby.
>>
>>58090336
Idk I'm fairly sure win7 was largely received positively after a short while. There might have been some trepidation given its seeming similarity to vista but everyone more or less accepted it wasn't that bad.
>>
>>58090356
gay-nu/leenux
>>
No, because it saved us from Vista
>>
File: Selection_010.png (88KB, 620x748px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_010.png
88KB, 620x748px
>>58090427
see this
http://www.pcworld.com/article/172602/windows_7_review.html
>>
>>58090336
It was received positively because it was much better than vista.
>>
>>58090336
After Vista, anything was going to be lauded no matter what
>>
>>58090477
>After Vista, anything was going to be lauded no matter what
Eeeeeeh, not necessarily. I think management at microsoft realised they dun goof'd with vista and reamed everyone responsible and told them to fix that steaming pile of shit asap. Win7 was basically an apology for Vista where they tried to get rid of everything people hated in Vista while still making it a credible improvement over XP.
>>
Hate for 7 wasn't that widespread, even tho it was more or less the same as Vista. After Vista, I think people just collectively decided to love whatever came after.

Seen a lot of people love XP, but it wasn't always loved. People used to complain about it being slow and bloated back in 2001-2003 when it was somewhat new.

I knew people back then that stayed with Windows 98, even on newer Pentium 4 and Athlon XP builds.

Windows 2000 was somewhat popular, but you didn't see that often in homes.
>>
>>58090523
Didn't the Windows 2000 get infected by the most dangerous bug, the ''millenium bug''?
>>
File: Capture.png (106KB, 857x544px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
106KB, 857x544px
>>58090336
Computer-illiterates hated it. Just like it was with XP and now W10 they were spreading FUD that drivers and programs don't work anymore while early adopters laughed at their stupidity
>>
>>58090356
you mean XP continued to be shilled
>>
i have a stack of pc magazines from 09
the way they edited the magazine you'd think w7 didnt exist
>NEW INTEL CORE HOLY SHITT
>windows 7 RC on the included disc
>meanwhile
>uh guys vista isnt that bad with service packs
>ur right!111
>times infinite
>w7 gets ignored the whole year
>tons of shit about netbooks
>still tons of discussion about XP
>few people talking about linux
>bunch of adverts for gayming laptops and other crap
i oughta dig them out and scan them because no one paid shit attention to 7 all year
>>
>>58090586
>Just like it was with [...] W10 they were spreading FUD that drivers and programs don't work anymore while early adopters laughed at their stupidity
Err, fairly sure that hasn't been the focus of W10 criticisms my man.
>>
>>58090539
I think only people got infected by that bug.
>>
>>58090650
They're spreading different type of FUD now, what of it? Closed minded people will always find a reason to refuse new things, no matter how silly or baseless it is
>>
>>58090336
Not so much. The meme was that "it's much better than Vista" (even though they're pretty much the same).
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.