[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be worth replacing all the stock fans in my case with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: noctua_nf_f12_pwm_2.jpg (39KB, 463x500px) Image search: [Google]
noctua_nf_f12_pwm_2.jpg
39KB, 463x500px
Would it be worth replacing all the stock fans in my case with decent quality ones? Got a Phanteks Evolv atx and a h100i v2, all running stock

Say I throw those out and get some pic related, will that makes a proper difference?
>>
>>58089591
No, it only makes a real difference if your current fans have worn out, or if you want a different rpm.

I would never replace perfectly working fans.
>>
>>58089591
NO! Don't be a retard. Unless shit is making a lot of noise and temps are going up, don't waste your money.
>>
>>58089591
>will that makes a proper difference?
Most likely not. You will pay a high price for a small improvement.
>>
Alright, thanks guys. Appreciate the responses.
>>
yes you will gain 2 fps on ultra max settings with optimum airflow for your rgb laser show and fog machine PSU

this airflow is crucial otherwise your entire system will self corrupt if you get too close to the tjmax

buy the fans asap get two extra just in case you never know gotta keep those puppies cool you know these gaming console desktops aren't cheap
>>
File: 1477686995024.jpg (72KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1477686995024.jpg
72KB, 640x640px
While were having this thread, anyone can recommend a silent 200mm intake fan?
I got a Coolermaster Megaflow and it is driving me nuts with its noise.
>>
>>58089693

here u go i have one works great

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAES3ZB6194
>>
>get job working 12-8am
>Have to sleep during the day
>"Eh, I'll put the computer to sleep, so it'll be easier on my ears"
>Room is so silent can hear the air particles moving.
Fuck dude, I'm gonna have to take fans out. Having the room so silent is amazing.
>>
>>58089591
Temperature: no.
Noise: yes, but good fans don't magically sound quieter at the same RPM. It's all about getting fans with RPM control so that you can control the fans. You want PWM fans for heatsinks and radiators, case fans with voltage switches (Antec Truequiet fans for e.g.).
>>
Would it be worth replacing my stock Intel cooler with a decent quality CPU cooler?
>>
>>58089787
Good fans do sound quieter at the same RPM, though. The little notches on Noctua fans are CFD-optimized to avoid turbulence / noise.

I swapped out the stock Corsair fans on my cooler with Noctua, and even at max RPM it makes a big difference
>>
>>58089797
What's your temps? Planning on OC? the 212 evo is a good cooler for a low price
>>
>>58089831
Temperature monitoring isn't working at the moment, but the last time I saw the temps, they were pretty normal. I'm interested in overclocking though.
>>
>>58089818
The difference is minimal. Noctua are good fans because of the ability to control fans down to sub 500rpm with the included low voltage adapters + PWM control. In the end you want maximum control over the rpm.
Just look at reviews of Noctua industrial fans, you get complaints that they are loud, simply because you can't overcome the physics that high airflow=noise.
>>
>>58089591
Phanteks stock fans are bretty good. And while the h100i stock fans are loud they are also good.
Maybe replace the h100i fans if you want less noises. Otherwise no.
>>58089864
Invest in better hsf if you want to OC.
>>
>>58089591
If your radiator is recent and has the good corsair sp fans then those are fine.
But if you bought it a while ago, they probably came with shitty ones
>>
>>58089591
Only if they're loud and you want them more quiet
>>
>not having all PWM fans controlled by CPU temp
Unacceptable
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.