[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick question, Is it possible to make a website using only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: django_badge.sh-600x600.png (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
django_badge.sh-600x600.png
35KB, 600x600px
Quick question,

Is it possible to make a website using only Django? I mean fully functional, not shit, website. This ignores the use of graphics and image software for logos and graphics and that.
>>
its pretty difficult to make anything in python without a bunch of dependencies
>>
>fully functional
There's a lot of IO in web pages so probably not
>>
>>58089462
What do you mean "only Django"? You need a bunch of other python modules like Pillow.
>>
>>58089462
It depends on what functionality you want to have on your website.
>>
>>58089514
>>58089524
>>58089528

OP here.

Okay, let me broaden my question; instead of limiting it to Django, let's open it up to Python and any of its modules, dependencies, etc?
>>
>>58089586
Yes, you can write a website in Python. You can even implement a web server in Python that serves whatever content you want.
>>
>>58089586
it really depends on what you want to make anon
>>
File: 1480536087663.png (5KB, 435x269px) Image search: [Google]
1480536087663.png
5KB, 435x269px
>>58089586
Yes, you can build a website / web server in plain Python, therefore, you can do this in Django or any other Python framework.
>>
>>58089618
even for a crud website you will need an external dependency for the db adaptor
>>
>>58089586
Absolutely, you just need a database (sqlite will do). Every additional functionality that isn't available in stock django can be installed as a python module like django-modeltranslation for different languages etc.
>>
File: 1471382713308.png (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471382713308.png
48KB, 500x500px
>>58089623
No you don't. SQLite is part of standard library.
>>
>>58089623
>you must use a db for every website
>>
OP here.

I think this answers my question nicely. I'll Google for tutorials when I get around to it. Thanks guys.
>>
Sure for the least you need DB.. and knowledge.
You can try Django-cms which is build on top of Django and comes will essential tools and libraries one needs for a website.
>>
>>58089776
why specificly django? Do you already know python?

Ruby on Rails has better community, but a lot of people are migrating from it to Elixir, so read some about it (altough it's easier to start with mature framework like RoR or Django)
>>
>>58091178
You're basically saying that Ruby on Rails is outdated and Elixir is not there yet. Not the best prerequisites to start with this.

I can recommend Django. Rapid development and phantastic libraries out there.
>>
>>58089462
It is absolutely possible to make a website in django.

This tutorial will get you kickstarted fast. The whole process is also shown in videos.
>>
>>58091880
https://pythonprogramming.net/django-web-development-with-python-intro/

Forgot the link
>>
>>58089655
>crud website
>crud
>>
OP here.

Sweet, thanks guys. Would it be easier to do this all in Ubuntu, or Windows? I have both on dual-boot.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.