[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In you /g/entoomens' opinion, which programming job : >1.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: kuc2.jpg (76KB, 1132x698px) Image search: [Google]
kuc2.jpg
76KB, 1132x698px
In you /g/entoomens' opinion, which programming job :

>1. Is the most prestigious
>2. Is the least prestigious
>3. Pays the most
>>
1. compiler backend
2. web frontend
3. COBOL and other antiquated shit
>>
In my place at least:

1. Meme Scientist
2. Weeb dev (IT/hardware is even lower but they rarely program)
2. Data Scientist, definitely. Those fuckers earn crazy money for very dubious value
>>
>>58080895
basically this
add HDL stuff to most paying as well
>>
>>58080877
I'm a front-end web dev and I can vouch for least prestigious
>>
>>58080895
Retard here

What's compiler backend?
>>
>>58081052

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compiler#Back_end
>>
Why does front end get Shit on so much?

I thought backend weebdevs were known as unappreciated whipping boys
>>
>>58081078
I'm >>58081037

Most front end """devs""" know html, css and how to copy and paste jquery snippets. The barrier to entry is low and it's full of scrubs. Very few of us can build things from scratch.
>>
>>58081078
>unappreciated whipping boys
with gigantic paychecks if your in the right field

frontend is literally just design and copy paste
>>
Where do data engineers fit into this hierarchy?
>>
Gonna be graduating from CS in a couple of semesters. My focus was on networks and CPU design (basic stuff). What kind of jobs can I hope to apply for and what can I expect to get paid?
>>
>>58080877
1. model checkers
2. java code monkey
3. f# for finance sector

>>58081273
$80k-100k
>>
>>58081139
>frontend is literally just design and copy paste

Looks like someone hasn't implemented a proper architecture with a framework like Angular or React. Good JavaScript developers are very hard to find.
>>
>>58080877
kek'd at that picture, OP
>>
>>58080895
the only reason COBOL shit pays so much because all the people working on it are over 50
>>
>>58081420
>>58081130
>Very few of us can build things from scratch.

Good. Stop pretending a website is an application and shitifying the internet, you fucks.
>>
>>58080962
Cool I've got a Data Scientist position for my summer job. Wew
>>
>>58081452
>Stop pretending a website is an application
Why the fuck not? Runtime featues are nice, I don't want to refresh the page so I can see new content (even in the context of 4chan I and many other people use 4chan X or forks of it)
>>
>>58081496
From what I've seen, you'lll need a PhD to really make the $$$, but tbqh that's just a meme, not actually necessary to do the job. Startup founders just like the idea of having a shitload of Doctors on the payroll so they can tell investors, even if all they do is work their dicks all day
>>
>>58081367
Does finance sector programming pay much?

I know there's insane money for C++ devs in quant hedge funds but you need to be Hackerman™ to get it

I know Jane Street use OCaml, they probably pay a shitload
>>
>>58081638
>Does finance sector programming pay much?
If you can put up with learning an APL-derived language, you can pretty much name your price.
>>
>>58080877

1.) AI
2.) UX/UI
3.) Java/Scala Senior Dev
>>
1. nodejs engineer
2. systems engineer
3. enterprise software architect
>>
>>58081579
What about making a BCMS (idk it's like the CompTIA+ but more advance)

See the Waikato uni website
>>
>>58080962
Well, at least they can count to three.
>>
You are asking a bunch of LARPers about jobs?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.