[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Install Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, everything went better than expected

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: office.jpg (22KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
office.jpg
22KB, 490x490px
Install Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, everything went better than expected

I am struggling with finding a replacement for MS Paint and Office 365. I need to quickly screenshot, edit and crop to prepare reports. Fucking GIMP and other tools are useless. A simple task of erasing part of the photo is a project. Then I need the table and page editing features of MS Word which are not available on Writer.

I am so ass blasted right now, I am happy with Ubuntu due to its simple and secure setup but can't do office work.

Why won't Windows 10 leave me alone?
>>
Tried google docs?
>>
>>58077677
this... Lots of companies just use that
>>
Office 2008 (at least excel, ppt and word, not sure about outlook and access) runs in wine (you can use PlayOnLinux to handle all the setup for you)

I think you can also run paint in wine if you grab the exe from windows but I haven't tried it myself. You can also try mtpaint.
>>
>>58077597
>MS Paint
Kolourpaint
>Office 365
Why do you actually need 365? It's nothing more than snake oil
>>
Try WPS Office, it's pretty much a 1:1 MS Office clone
>>
google how to install playonlinux
and how to install wine (if it isn't already installed)

google a cracked version of microsoft office (anything before 2013)

open playonlinux > install a program > type in the search box microsoft office and install whatever you got

bam

no need to restart you're fucking done famalam
>>
>>58077597
Pinta is quite nice as a replacement to Paint. It's modeled after Paint.Net.

>Office 365
Do you want it to be in the cloud? Try Google Docs.

Don't forget that Chrome/ium has an "Add to Desktop" option to make webapps in case you're missing one or two modern apps from W10. There's also https://launchpad.net/fogger which is nice since it keeps the different webapps sandboxed and you can use custom scripts and stylesheets.

Have fun, anon!
>>
>>58078993
>use this botnet instead of that botnet
>>
>>58081776
I use it it might be a botnet but it's definitively better than writer.
Also

>What is VM
>>
>>58082006
>I use it, must be the best
>>
GIMP is to Photoshop while Pinta and Kolourpaint are to MS Paint
>>
Won't an older version of office run on Wine?
Say Office 2007 or something
>>
>>58077597
>Fucking GIMP and other tools are useless. A simple task of erasing part of the photo is a project.

Erasing parts of an image in GIMP is literally the easiest thing ever
>Select selection tool
>Select part of image you wish to delete
>Press the delete key
>>
can't you run office 365 through a browser?
>>
>>58082180
Or just use the erace tool
>>
>>58077597
You could try office online by Microsoft
>>
linux isn't for you then OP
or just get a mac if you don't want to go back
>>
>>58077597
>I need to quickly screenshot, edit and crop to prepare reports.
Doesn't the gnome screenshooter does this without additional tools? why don't you try to open it from the menu?

>Fucking GIMP and other tools are useless.
Gimp is pretty nice IMO but i get you if you don't want to invest time learning anything else. Depending on what you want you can try krita, also paint.net 3.5 works in wine.

>A simple task of erasing part of the photo is a project.
You need to be more specific if you want actual help, at this point you seem to just be spouting the same things you hear in this board.

>Then I need the table and page editing features of MS Word which are not available on Writer.
Be more specific please, writter has worked fine for me in general. Also, if you definitely need MSO i think crossover supports MSO 2013 now but crossover is not a free as in free beer application. Otherwise use MSO 2010 or 2007 with playonlinux or maybe the web version of MSO 365 or google docs.
>>
Pinta is a perfect Paint replacement. The office problem can also easily be solved. Use GoogleDocs or LibreOffice/WPS Office. If you cannot live without MS Office why not install it with Wine? OFFICE 2016 will not work but 2013 and earliernwill run smoothly.
>>
You can use pinta as a paint replacement. Office is a major selling point, there's no use debating it.

As for screenshots... are you even using the print screen key properly? If you alt-prtsc, it will grab current window. If you shift-prtsc, you'll be able to pick a region by hand. And if I remember correctly you could also ctrl-prtsc to save the screenshot immediatly without going through the dialogue.
>>
File: Ca54N2tUYAA-44c.jpg (26KB, 426x591px) Image search: [Google]
Ca54N2tUYAA-44c.jpg
26KB, 426x591px
>>58078909
>office 365
>nothing more than snake oil

sure, the leading office suite for years is just snake oil. I must be imagining all this functionality and reliability
>>
>>58083030
What function?

Hard mode: Try not to meme, I make my living off mainly office related works
>>
>>58082203
Yeah but it blows almost as much cock as using LibreOffice or openoffice
>>
>>58083077
Well for starters, when you save a file, it looks the same when you reopen it on another computer. LibreOffice cannot into consistent formatting
>>
>>58083077
Not him but

>motherfucking legacy access databases tied into word
>>
>>58077597
You can screenshot a rectangular selection from the screen and either save it or copy it.
>>
>>58083198
I was talking about office 365 retard. The SAAS bullcrap

Also consistent formatting works if you have ms corefonts installed in your linux machine
>>
>>58083198
Are you aware it's forced artificial incompatibility pushed by microsoft and not MSO having great compatibility right ?

When I create a doument using LO in one computer and I open it using LO in another computer it always looks perfect, just saying.

I don't think actively rewarding Microsoft's anti competitive practices benefits you as an user.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.