[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup, /g/. I work as the fucking IT boy to some shit-tier small

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

sup, /g/. I work as the fucking IT boy to some shit-tier small company and I just got this 7520. it has a 32gb ssd and a 1tb hdd. since the customer somehow managed to fuck it all up I had to format it. she's a fucking 60 year old and probably can't even into disk management. I need to install the operating system on the SSD and set the HDD as the default disk for installing applications and user files. How do I do that?
>>
>>58075704
btw the os is 8.1 pro
>>
bumpan'
>>
>>58075704
don't do that you idiot 32gb is not large enough, that shit is meant for the intel speed boost technology crap where the ssd is a giant cache for the hdd
>>
>>>/reddit.com/r/windows
>>
>>58075704
Create an Administrator account and lock down installation of software. Make it so that she is a user on the laptop and you are the Administrator. In fact, do that for all laptops and computers in the company, that's how it's done in most companies.

Then when she needs something installed tell her to bring it to you.
>>
no she does not work for our company, we just provide IT support and customer service for random people
>>
does dell just intentionally make shitty design decisions like putting ports/headphone jacks in that spot >>58075704 to make their latitude line look even better than it is?

that's fucked
>>
>>58076049
what

you want 'em to look like macbooks?
>>
>>58076049
Lel. This is acceptable, my old ass xps had all the jacks in the front smack dead in the middle where your junk usually is while on the lap (and it mostly was since it was a 13")
>>
you need to use the ssd as a cache drive, look up rapid storage technology or some shit
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.