[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey m8's, is unity 8 NSA b8? they never removed the Amazon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

hey m8's, is unity 8 NSA b8? they never removed the Amazon bother from unity 7, and they only disabled the web search results. Ubuntu is a bother.
>>
Didn't read lol

I am looking forward to seeing what Unity 8 + Mir is like though. 18.04 fingers crossed!
>>
>>58075422
>bother

botnet*
>>
>>58075422
fuck ubloattu.
Install solus.
>>
>>58075422
looks like ass
>>
>>58075422
I like the concept and functionality, but that looks really fucking terrible. I like one of the comments I read that say "looks like a designer made it", Linux users really have terrible standards for aesthetics.

They should just go full Google Now and make it white cards (it's obvious they're trying hard not to) and have the background be #EEEEEE because that blur effect just looks bad.

Outside of that, I'm hype. I have a two in one and the touch support was pretty great on 16.10. I just want to know if they're keeping the global menu though. I like pretending I have a Mac.
>>
>>58075479
ubuntu 20.10*
>>
File: 1466532109672.jpg (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1466532109672.jpg
29KB, 400x300px
>>58078798
Wait, they might not keep the global menu?
>>
>>58078908
It doesn't exist in Unity 8's current form, whether that's because they haven't worked on it yet or because they don't plan on keeping it is unknown.
>>
>>58075422
>bother
phoneposter detected REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
And Nautilus in 16.10 also has no global menu. Now it's like GNOME where you click "Files" and the menu comes up. Maybe they missed it, or maybe it's a sign of things to come.
>>
>>58079382
Well nautilus was GTK3-iffied (poorly) so that's probably why.

If they remove it in Unity 8 and there's no way to hack it back in, I'll seriously stop using it. Petty? Perhaps, but that extra bit of vertical space is one of the main reasons I use it on my laptop.
>>
File: 1476676507032.jpg (61KB, 834x960px) Image search: [Google]
1476676507032.jpg
61KB, 834x960px
>>58075422
Daily reminder that Canonical is evil and Ubuntu is the Windows 10 of GNU/Linux. Richard Stallman might be a fat, smelly, greasy, hippe but he's never been wrong. Think of him as a canary in a coal mine. He says Ubuntu is an Amazon botnet, therefore I won't use it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.