[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im learning a bit of visual basic in school. Its fun and i would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: tmp_4743-1482103522520874220286.png (37KB, 1127x685px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4743-1482103522520874220286.png
37KB, 1127x685px
Im learning a bit of visual basic in school.
Its fun and i would like to get more into programming.
But is Visual Basic even worth the effort i would put into it if i would decide to get into it deeper or should i just ditch visual basic and start with a more advanced language?
Is visual basic a useless timesink vor good to learn the basics?
Would it be to make a irc-style chatbot for teamspeak3 using visual basic?
>>
>>58075380
>in school
>>
>>58075380
Start with C.
>>
>>58075380
you can do anything in VB its turing complete. But there might be easier ways in other languages that already have libraries or tools for teamspeak. Honestly learning another language isn't that hard now that you know VB, but it is an investment of time depending on how fast/slow you learn.
>>
>>58075496
Or any language with C-style syntax

VB is an old Microsoft mind-lock-in trap that even they don't expect people to fall for any more
>>
I would have started with python. I always shill this free python course: https://www.udacity.com/course/intro-to-computer-science--cs101 because it's great. It is challenging, but that means that you learn a lot in a short amount of time and really get your brain going. And if you get stuck you can look at the answer and still learn a thing or two.

Python is better than C for a beginner because you can do something useful in Python in less than a week, while with C you won't be able to make anything useful in less than 6 months minimum. If you look at a 1000 page C book and look at the last chapters you will see stuff covered in chapter one of any python book. It is much easier to learn by far. And makes it easier to learn C as well.

If you start with C and someone else start with Python and THEN C. Then both of you do the same amount of work then both will know about the same amount of C in a year because Python makes all those things much more intuitive and easier to see what the code does.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.