[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to connect a CD drive like this to my desktop to install

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 2536760-l-b.jpg (28KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
2536760-l-b.jpg
28KB, 700x700px
I want to connect a CD drive like this to my desktop to install a game, Age of Empires 3. It is from my laptop but what connector do I need to connect this CD drive to my desktop?
>>
that's an eSATA cable I think.
>>
SATA to USB enclosure should work fine, looks like a generic DVD drive. I have one, works pretty well.
>>
File: Straight-RightAngle.jpg (146KB, 573x434px) Image search: [Google]
Straight-RightAngle.jpg
146KB, 573x434px
>>58068659
So I can't use something like this to connect it?
>>
>>58068659
looking again, it doesn't look as wide as eSATA, so now i'm not sure. Might be some proprietary modified sata connection.
>>
>>58068680
no because those are just data cables, there's another cable that looks like that ,but delivers power. You can see on the device that one is of the "L"s is longer.
>>
>>58068680
If you have the slots free on your PC, namely a SATA slot (cable you pictured there) and a power cable from your PSU that should suffice. Better to get an enclosure though, cheap on Amazon.
>>
That looks like a regular SATA drive to me.
>>
>>58068622

It's an older SATA port. Doesn't really have a fancy name. You would need a '22-pin SATA cable'. They sell those and adapters cables for them as well.
>>
>>58068622
DVD-Rom Drives cost $10
AoE 3 DVD Iso on Pirate Bay for Free.

Fix your life if you can't figure out this fucking basic 'tech problem'.
>>
Stop being a dumbass and just grab usb optical drive

Hook and unhook the shit when you're done
>>
>>58068622
You need a "slim SATA adapter"
Connect that to the drive, then just use your regular SATA data and power cables
>>
>>58068756
Its not older ... its called slimline connector.
>>
>>58068886

It's been around since BEFORE eSATA, which itself came out in 2004.

If you don't think something that came out prior to 2004 is old, you should seriously consider eating a bullet.
>>
File: OBHD-SATA-Compare.jpg (83KB, 353x243px) Image search: [Google]
OBHD-SATA-Compare.jpg
83KB, 353x243px
>old 2008 slot-loading macbook dies
>decide to try using it in a new build
>uses a PATA connector

DAMN YOU APPLE.
>>
>>58068622
Just transfer a fucking image of the disc.
>>
>>58068622
Just download the ISO and use the cd-key off the box if you have the original (only reason why you might be asking to install from CD).
>>
>>58068970
Not that guy, but I want to say I hate you
>>
>>58068622
microsata
>>
File: 27-135-204-06.jpg (16KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
27-135-204-06.jpg
16KB, 640x480px
>>58068622

Just get one. $20 on newegg. Despite lots of people doing away with dvd drives, its still worth keeping one around cause you never know.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.