[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2016 >paying to install a 24/7 botnet in your home >voluntarily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3961.jpg (152KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3961.jpg
152KB, 1920x1080px
>2016
>paying to install a 24/7 botnet in your home
>voluntarily training corporate and government speech data mining
>teabagging George Orwell in his grave
>>
>butthurt from retards like you: priceless
>>
b-but convenience, anon
>>
File: IMG_1961.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1961.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>58064259
:^)
>2016
>not wanting to be able to turn all your lights on and off with your voice
>not wanting to just say "echo, play my favourite playlist" and having it magically start playing through your smart alarm clock
kek
>>
>>58064259
your phone and laptop already do this

my amazon echo © makes no difference to the spying

Also i could just unplug it if I didnt want it to listen
>>
>>58064259
Honestly, I don't understand why people don't get the Google Home.
If you're going to get an always-on spy device, you might as well get one right from the company that's on the forefront of data collection and AI development.
>>
>>58065977
>wanting to have to scream across the room at a hockey puck that doesnt understand you 1/2 the time.
>>
>>58066917
You can speak at a normal level and it understands me 9/10 times.
You ever use one?
>>
>>58066958
I have one. I now control it exclusively through the webapp. It was a gift from my dad and makes a semi decent bluetooth audio adapter for my speakers.
>>
>>58064259

Mom actually wanted one of these for Christmas should I get her this or the Google home?
>>
>>58067277
>Anon buy's botnet to spy on mom with.
>Anon's mom get cloned.
>>
>>58066897

I agree, that's why I bought a google home.
>>
>>58064259
>Playing random songs since boss got it for every coworker for christmas
>After a while, Alexa play (rock song)
>ITS REALLY LOUD
>ALEXA STOP
>ALEXA STOP
>ALEXA PLEASE STOP
>Can't yell loud enough over it to pick up my voice
>>
File: alx.png (41KB, 433x228px) Image search: [Google]
alx.png
41KB, 433x228px
>>58064259
>>58065977
i just got mine last week, pretty cool. Going to order one for my parents soon.
>>
>>58064259

You're an idiot. The only voice data the Echo transmits is that which follows the wake word. Even if three-letter agencies *were* going around dropping subpoenas everywhere, remote activation exploitation would be done on a targeted basis, and not at a bulk level, because bulk level would be too hard to hide.

Also, remember that, in 1984, a significant facet of the telescreens was that they were mandatory for party officials, and most weren't allowed to turn them off (or couldn't do so without raising suspicion). There's a mute button right on the Echo, and, if that's not good enough for you, there's a god damn wall plug. No one will flag you for investigation for unplugging your Echo. In fact, if you want a good example of an institution of modern society that people are regarded with suspicion for regarding to take part in, look at Facebook. If anything, Facebook is the 'telescreen' of the modern age.

>>58066897

Amazon is more open with their ecosystem (or, they have been thus far). Plus, they have a first mover advantage.

>>58066917

This is not how the Echo works. It's pretty damn effective, as long as you're not a mumbling, awkward sped and are capable of enunciating. Unless you have loud music on, then it can drown out voice input. In those cases, there are buttons on the unit you can use to adjust it to a more favorable level, or you can use the Alexa app. Incidentally, this is one pro of the cheaper Echo Dot: the speakers aren't necessarily attached to the thing, or anywhere nearby.

>>58069804

There are volume controls on the unit, and in the Alexa app. Don't be such a baby. You're literally screaming about a problem because you refuse to use existing solutions.
>>
>>58064259
What happens when I stick one all the way up my ass and then play music at max volume?
>>
>>58070227

That's how One Direction is meant to be listened to. True story.
>>
>>58065977
>turn all your lights on and off with your voice
why is this the only thing Alexa fags can think to do with AI, turning off $55 lightbulbs....
>>
>>58069804
we might work in the same place...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.