[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start trying to learn programming >install visual studio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 1481093466214.jpg (304KB, 1214x584px) Image search: [Google]
1481093466214.jpg
304KB, 1214x584px
>start trying to learn programming
>install visual studio full (60gb)
>download a bunch of ebooks
>start reading one about python
>get half way through and it's all terminal stuff
>try golang
>literally every program is compiled in a terminal and runs in a terminal or browser

When do I get to use visual studio? Is this why people prefer Linux?
>>
>>58060574
Also, according to wikipedia golang came out in 2012, why does it still need a terminal if it's a modern language?
>>
>>58060574
Terminal is way easier to start programming, if you want to see shit moving right away I would suggest
>>
>>58060587
>why does it still need a terminal if it's a modern language?

[triggered]
>>
>>58060597
suggest pygame that is
>>
>>58060574
>Python
>Compiled

If you can't figure out how to run Python scripts kys after you fail at that too,
Use a Python IDE like Eric Python.
>>
should have learned vim
>>
Dev environments like visual studio are used for big projects that use complex models and they are handy at automating stuff used in those big boy projects.
Learning how to program has little to do with big project stuff because it's useless to the educational process (unless the education is specifically about big project stuff).
Terminal stuff is important so you know what is under the hood of the dev environments.
If you don't than you will end up getting stuck at things due to your lack of knowledge when you get errors.
>>
>>58060574
>visual studio
cucked
>>
Learn Java Swing. It makes creating a GUI fun and easy!
>>
>>58060574
Visual Studio isn't exclusively for programming, it's meant for managing large software projects.
>>
>>58062891
Fuck off forever Oracle sales rep
>>
>>58062965
Why are you so JMad at my JSuggestion? I'm just trying to be JHelpful.
>>
>>58060574
Visual Studio is meant to build large projects.
You first need to learn programming, get a basic IDE or text editor and learn from there, there is shit ton of good books.
>>
>>58062891
Java and fun in the same sentence xD!!!!!!!!!!
>>
visual studio is meant for cucks

Everyone I know that has a job uses vim.
>>
you can do terminal programs with visual studio

use google or go to /sqt/, the rest of /g/, specially making a new thread, is asking for it
>>
File: 1481572338743.gif (60KB, 261x255px) Image search: [Google]
1481572338743.gif
60KB, 261x255px
>>58060574
Linux is pretty good for programming desu also learn yourself using vim and start with C or C++. You will be pleased after you do that Anon-kun
>>
>>58060574
IDEs are only required for bloated languages like Java. Command line interface is superior for anything else. Learn Linux, Vim/Emacs, Bash, Git. That's what the industry is looking for right now.
>>
>>58065302
Lol wtf industry is seeking people who know how to code with just notepad. Its default on any windows machine and its also industry standard at the moment.
>>
>>58065647
Are you kidding me? Not everyone uses windows, industry have moved towards just writing the code on a typewriter. They collect employees' papers daily and compile it trough OCR at night. This is the only kind of people that will get a job today. If you don't code on a typewriter your CV won't even be considered.
>>
Get VS Community or VS2010, that should be enough
>>
>>58066535
>he doesn't write his programs on a clay tablet in cuneiform

Have fun being unemployed.
>>
>>58060574
I was taught C++ in Visual Studio, eventually switched to Code::Blocks for faster compilation time. Start with C++ if you're using Visual Studio.
>>
Pirate pycharm , the debugger is a great help.
Help register , activation server

http://jetbrains.tencent.click or http://172.245.22.235:1017
>>
>>58065157
>Everyone I know
Nobody cares about your webdev friends faggot. Real software development is done in professional IDE's like Visual Studio.
>>
>>58067236
That's not true. Google banned windows from google. They mostly use vim.
>>
>>58066931
I cut myself and bleed my code on printer paper like a real professional
>>
>>58060574
Python isnt compiled stupid retard,before type stupid shit do your research .
Also you can compile your c# code using csc in the cmd without having to download vs
>>
>>58060587
Because its less hassle with a terminal. We use the terminal because we want to be able to do things fast and easy. Pushing buttons like a fisher price toy takes more time and require more effort
>>
>>58069053
I just hire a pajeet to bleed for me and play golf all day. I am the most productive employee
>>
>>58060574
>>install visual studio full (60gb)
What the fuck
>>
The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>58069140
>Having them bleed instead of shit.
That is where the cutting-edge industry is at. Just look at how Windows 10 was made.
>>
>>58066931
>>58066535
>>58065647
>physical copies of code
>not keeping everything your write in your head
lmfao enjoy getting your hard work stolen and receiving no credit
>>
For small teams and single goys vim and complilers is enough

For big ass teams that build and deploy project multiple times a day visual Studio is the perfect tool.
>>
>>58065302
Shut the fuck up. You are cancer
>>
>>58062891
>Swing
>After Java 8

JLol
>>
Visual Studio is good for beginners as well, but it's only useful for .Net languages and C++.
If you start with one of those languages, it's very good, especially with resharper.
>>
Visual Studio Code and Cygwin or an alternative is what you're looking for.

And there are apps on the Windows Store that let you compile any language so why even bother lol
>>
>>58071457
Resharper should only be used after you know what you're doing, otherwise you learn to use shortcuts without knowing why
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.