[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, I'm gonna try this again... Does anybody use the B-Method

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: atelierB3fondblanc.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
atelierB3fondblanc.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
Hey, I'm gonna try this again... Does anybody use the B-Method or Z-Method for specification?

I've been working with Atelier B for this thing I'm doing that none of you need to know about. It ain't exactly the Hong Kong subway (which Atelier B was used to model), but I want the specification to be solid enough to make sure that this shit doesn't crash at all any time in the next several years. I really don't want to get into specifics other than it's a distributed, integrated project to set up a server network that can be physically hidden from any government.

B-Language doesn't seem that different from Coq and I implemented homotopy in it pretty quickly. But I feel like I'm going overkill on this and could do it in something like Agda or Idris.

Have any of you used Atelier B to do anything??? I'm kind of at a struggle to find anyone who has used this software other than corporate french fucks that don't want to have anything to do with my shit.
>>
God damn I've been posting variations of this for the past two days and I can't get a single response

Nobody's even fucked with this shit? It's free.
>>
You fucking niggers come on
>>
> coq
> homo-topy
> atelier

u fag lol XD
>>
>>58058523
>>58058720
No, this is the first time I've heard of Atelier B. Tell me something interesting about it
>>
>>58059086
it uses the b-method to help develop safety-critical systems. it's implemented in aerospace engineering as well as things like public transportation systems. it does it with proofs and is (i think) written in ocaml like coq.

b-method and z-method are sorta new to me but they use proofs to model physical things that may or may not kill people. it's specification software that's modeled on type theory, supports dependent types and homotopy. again, pretty cool but i'd just like to find someone else who uses it that isn't a french subway engineer
>>
>>58059073
I'm a strong, beautiful black woman who doesn't need shit from anybody other than the person of indeterminate sex and/or gender who shits in my mouth, because that's the only way I can get off. That has nothing to do with my ability to code things, ranging from Java to C to other shit I learned in my cs101 to python or ruby or whatever. How dare you
>>
>>58059163
Well it definitely sounds pretty cool. I might read up on it some time. It's just that I've literally never heard the term before, even though I'm in regular contact with the HoTT/DT crowd
>>
>>58058523

If it's a distributed project, I would go with CSP or Petri nets as formal methods, since they are made for this.
>>
>>58059276
well dang, I hope we cross paths again. I've been pretty invisible, but i'm also sort of a shut-in that's focused on quantum typing via shit like quipper. I'm very into HoTT but I don't really know any of those people.
>>
>>58059379
This will probably sound totally retarded, but I found markov chains more simple for what I'm doing (over petri nets).
>>
How big is your coq?

7x7 here, edging atm
>>
>>58059410
>Quipper
Also new to me. I've been meaning to get into QC programming for a while though. I remember stumbling across some libraries on hackage which emulate quantum typing / embed quantum programming as a Haskell EDSL.

Is there anything particular you could maybe recommend if you're familiar with this shit?
>>
>>58059747
Oh, interesting; I didn't realize Quipper was literally exactly that: A haskell EDSL. Reading up on the paper now, but my QC fundamentals are rusty and vague at best. Let's see how it goes
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.