[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>waiting for AV1 GPU decode support >H.265 and VP9 will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: pepe.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
>waiting for AV1 GPU decode support
>H.265 and VP9 will be totally deprecated when AV1 is released next year
>>
>>58058304

For the CPU line. Krabby Lake just shot themselves for selling 10-bit hardware support in their chip. They should've done it for Skylake. Now Krabby Lake is obsolte when it hit the shelves
>>
isn't av1 just meant to be best compression not greatest amount of quality since it's being funded and charged by streaming services/youtube and shit?
>>
File: HEVC-Encode.jpg (58KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
HEVC-Encode.jpg
58KB, 640x448px
>>58059038
Compression and quality are the same thing
>>
>>58060157
but what if they target only 90% of the quality of hevc and aim for better compression on that? cant they disregard certain aspects that increase quality but dramatically decrease compressibility? so they'll have a codec that will never match hevc in quality but will wipe the floor with it in terms of compression?
>>
>>58060696
please sit in the corner and think about what you just said
>>
It's going to take like 5 years before AV1 makes inroads. Most streams are still h.264
>>
>>58061030
>It's going to take like 5 years before AV1 makes inroads

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliance_for_Open_Media#Members

Not with everyone in tech and media pushing it. I bet by mid 2018 the switch from H264 will be well under way.
>>
>>58061379
The Chromecast is the most popular streaming device in the US and that only supports h.264 and VP8 HW decoding. Pushing new standards fucks with the current hardware.
>>
>>58061551
>jewgle pushes out even cheaper chromecast model that supports 4k and av1
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.