[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>GAMING PCs Macfag here, my iMac is totally fucked up and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0617.jpg (29KB, 313x470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0617.jpg
29KB, 313x470px
>GAMING PCs

Macfag here, my iMac is totally fucked up and I'm tired of Apple products in general.

I work as a photographer and videographer and need something fast and reliable too work on, I am looking at pre built gaming PCs like the Alienware shit, Acer Predator etc

>QUESTION

HOW MUCH MORE AFFORDABLE IS BUILDING YOURSELF?

I am basically retarded and would have trouble building my own, I am also paranoid about paying a mum and dads PC shop to purchase a piece of shot the I have nothing but trouble with.

What do? I know one guy that builds PCs who would help for free.. But is it really more affordable?

Take the Acer predator, how much cheaper would it be to build something equivalent?
>>
>>58056879
>HOW MUCH MORE AFFORDABLE IS BUILDING YOURSELF?
it isn't. you can easily find prebuilts which have the same or better performance but are cheaper and come with windows
>>
>>58056895
>come with windows
I need macOS
>>
>>58056895
>I'm fine with having shit motherboards, RAM, and PSUs

>>58056879
You'll save a hundred bux or so most times, and get much better quality components. Especially than Acer.

Then again you're the sort of person who actually bought a Mac so you may be irredeemably retarded.

PCs are easy to build, look at the zillions of YouTube videos around. If you're still frightened just buy a prebuilt since you're used to wasting your money on crap components anyway for the sake of "peace of mind."
>>
>>58056934
>I need macOS
>Building yourself
Well, I will humor you. Are you willing to pirate a copy of iOS then?
>>
>>58056944

Idk the difference between good or crap components
>>
>>58056957

It was a troll post bro
>>
>>58056879
Don't listen to >>58056895

Building your own is always cheaper. If you find a "good" deal on a pre-built it probably has something shitty in it, like a Chinese housefire tier PSU, a shitty case, and the CPUs are always stock cooled. They are also crap if you ever want to update anything. The margins on hardware are so bad that it makes no sense to build affordable quality PCs.

Right now you could go for something like
i5 6600k + Dark Rock 3 / similar quality cooler
MSI GTX 1070
16GB DDR4
100$ Z170 mobo from ASUS, or similar
Seasonic 500-600W PSU
Fractal Design Define R5 / other non-Chinese plastic case

That would cost something like 800-1000 dollars and it runs everything.
>>
Don't build your own if you rely on it for the $$$. Buy a workstation from Lenovo, Dell or something similar. Make sure to get a warranty plan that will replace your machine in a day in case of failure.
>>
>>58056971

Thx
>>
>>58056959
Then buy crap components and enjoy your smouldering heap of parts in a few months.
>>
>>58056957
>iOS
>>
>>58057008
I've had more trouble with "legitimate" workstations from the big 3 than any DIY build. They only make sense for people who want the support contracts.
>>
>>58056957
>Are you willing to pirate a copy of iOS then?
Fucking RETARD
and they call Apple fags retards
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.