[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /g/ basically I'm a fucking retard who has neve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Alright /g/ basically I'm a fucking retard who has never owned an actual PC before. I fell for the "gaming laptop" meme until I realized they're overpriced and become obsolete in a few years. Here's my first attempt at configuring a PC:

http://www.box.co.uk/cubesystemconfig/id/6D676-HPVD

The problem is, I have a few stupid questions

>If the motherboard has 4 USB ports and the front of the case has 2 USB ports, does that mean I get 6 total functional USB ports?

>I'm connecting my own SSD to the machine. Will the PSU/Motherboard come with the necessary Power/Data SATA cables? How hard is it to connect a SSD considering I've never done this before?

>Do I just connect all monitors to the GPU at back of the PC? Will the HDMI/DVI ports just be sticking out and ready to use once the PC is built?

>Should I add extra fans to the case in addition to the 3 front fans it comes with?

>How silent will this shit be considering I'm using a "silent" PSU, liquid cooling for CPU, and quiet fans for the GPU?

>Is it worth buying a 144 hz monitor to complement this setup? What are some good options?

Thanks in advance for putting up with a total PC pleb like me.
>>
>>58056567
>Alright /g/ basically I'm a fucking retard who has never owned an actual PC before
You are on /g/, after all
>>
>>58056567
yes 6 ports

yes mobo should come with some sata cables and psu with power connectors

yes

no extra fans are a meme

water cooling is a meme, get a good cpu fan instead. the noise will mostly come from gpu anyways

never owned anything better than 1080p so can't comment
>>
>>58056567
>Is it worth buying a 144 hz monitor to complement this setup? What are some good options?
probably but you're going to need a better CPU and graphics card to drive new games at 144fps, so I would start at 60Hz and see if you feel like you need more.
>>
>>58056567
Everything looks good just you should consider dual water cooling with that case, h110 is good. You would get even more oc potential

You don't need more fans that one should come with three

This setup is ready for 4k 60fps and 144 anything below
>>
>>58057092
>h110 is good. You would get even more oc potential
ignore this, the h110 and b150 can't overclock because the intel jew has decided you must pay extra for an overclocking motherboard
>>
>>58057100
I didn't notice he didn't have a z170 kek
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.