[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't they make mechanical mouse anymore? I miss the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: Mouse_mechanism_diagram.svg.png (343KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Mouse_mechanism_diagram.svg.png
343KB, 1280x1024px
Why don't they make mechanical mouse anymore? I miss the mechanical feeling of the tracking mechanism and the ability to use it on glass. Laser/optical mouse just feel light, artificial, and unnatural. Mechanical keyboards, and trackballs are all the rage right now yet there is not a single mechanical mouse you can buy.
>>
They're still optical. The sensor is just internal and measures the rate wheel causes the IR to flicker. They had low dpi, people stole the balls, and had to be frequently cleaned. They're more expensive to make as well. Plus they were old, and optical were new so people went with them.
>>
>>58050985
Kids today won't know the joy of throwing those balls at one another.

Kids today won't know the frustration of going to a game room and finding your mouse ball-less.
>>
>>58050985
What matters is the ball, you just don't get the same feel with laser mouse.
>>
>cleaning the ball and rollers every other day
>>
Because unlike mechanical keyboards, newer laser and optical mice preform much better than ball mice
>>
>muh old technology
>why is everything cheaper and better now
>>
File: 1280px-Magic_Mouse.jpg (55KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Magic_Mouse.jpg
55KB, 1280x853px
>>58051685
In five years, computer mouses will stop having mechanical scroll wheels because,

>Muh moving parts
>Muh cleaning
>>
I have two balls
and its not meant to be a joke
This mouses had a peculiar fel when you had to hover it and corret de distance.
But the primari reason that they had a diferent fate as the mechanical keyboard is because it was bad tegnology they sucked balls
>>
>thin film of mousepad fibers, dead skin cells, oil and dust covering rollers

yeah no thanks
>>
>>58051770
>Having a filthy ass table
>>
>>58051742
>scroll on mac os x with a microsoft wheel mouse optical
>the scrolling does work properly
>>
optical mice are superior in every way
>muh feel
felt like you were pushing a rubber ball surrounded by lint and dust around in a cavity, not the greatest feeling
>>
>>58050835
>>58051657
because mechanical mice malfunction at much lower speeds, have tracking issues when the ball gets dirty, and are generally much less reliable due to more moving parts and sensors.
>>
>>58052763
It's called haptic feedback and it feels good!
>>
>>58051648
The frustration of having to clean the grime
>>
File: iStock_000017593225XSmall.jpg (116KB, 426x282px) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000017593225XSmall.jpg
116KB, 426x282px
>>58050835
>>
>>58051648
>Kids today won't know the joy of throwing those balls at one another
Those things were fucking lethal
>>
File: 1480374431023.gif (2MB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1480374431023.gif
2MB, 267x200px
>>58051685
Did you grow up in an industrial plant? Yes, the rollers had to be cleaned, but it was on average once a month.
>>
ball mice suck
>>
File: balls.jpg (68KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
balls.jpg
68KB, 800x600px
>>58050835
Just get one of these OP. They are still made today. I have a bunch of different ones and they feel great. An added bonus, is you can use them perfectly on the sofa, bed, comfy recliner etc. No need for a desk.
>>
>>58055575
ps. If set up properly, browsing with one of these is an absolute fucking joy. It's incredibly satisfying to scroll with a ball that has good motion.
>>
>>58051742
This mouse would be great if it actually had an arch to rest your hand. I can't see it being very good for your joints in the long run.
>>
Dude glass hasn't been a problem for a long time.
>>
>>58050835
Because they fucking sucked and the rollers got gunked up with dead skin to the point that it forned a rubber band sized ring around the rollers fucking everything up.

also the precision is absolutly horrible and would make most 1080 users an hero
>>
Mouse balls were shit. I spent more time cleaning lint out of them than I did gaming.
>>
>>58057808
Basically this.
It's like wanting a mono chrome 800*600 CRT because the blacks look blacker.
>>
>>58051742
I still think that mechanical scroll wheels should go because they usually break first. I would like to have an emulate scroll wheel/auto scroll button that works universally under my thumb or something ,and a proper middle mouse button.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.