[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7t Bb5KuYok seriously, wh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 4

File: screenshot-06.png (139KB, 1280x1024px)
screenshot-06.png
139KB, 1280x1024px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7tBb5KuYok

seriously, why aren't you using SemiCode OS — New Linux Distro For Programmers And Web Developers?

>SemiCode OS comes preinstalled with an array of IDEs, compilers, text editors, etc. to help you get back to work in no time. It offers Eclipse, MonoDevelop, BlueFish, Atom, Ninja IDE, Brackets, Emacs, and Sublime Text, according to our friends at It’s F.O.S.S. You also get preinstalled and preconfigured LAMP stack.

>Talking about the compilers, you get Ruby compiler, .NET with Mono Runtime, OpenJDK for Java. To make your code management and communication job easier, it ships with Git and Slack desktop clients.

>Sarah is an original SemiCode OS package that acts like a virtual assistant integrated with your familiar Linux Terminal. Just like Siri, you can call her in Terminal and ask few questions to get their reply. You can get the information about a movie, get song lyrics, download any file or YouTube video, get a weather forecast, etc.
>>
*bump*
>>
>spoonfeeding developers

this will surely remove the cancer of pajeets and worthless cs grads in our industry
>>
>>58047642
>not using hardened gentoo
Only retards need every IDE ever bundled in a distribution

Tell me one single thing Vim cannot do (Apart from compiling, it's a text editor after all)
>>
>>58047819
> Not patching your Gentoo kernel with Xenomai RT modules

It's like you want latency
>>
>Bloated OS loaded down with unnecessary IDEs and frameworks
>Instead of just doing a minimal install and installing exactly what you'd actually use
This is probably the worst idea I've heard of.
>>
>>58047819
It can compile just like any other IDE can (technically you could write a compiler in vimscript as well - hell, you could write a series of macros to compile text to bin directly in the editor). :make is goat.
>>
>>58047918
It can?
Vim confirmed for the ultimate multitool
>>
>>58047642
>2 Docks
>>
>>58047642
oh boy is this the new meme distro? what happened to kevinnet?
>>
>>58047950
>>58047918
>>58047819
You guys are tickling my autism. No IDE compiles themselves, they invoke a compiler.

The :make command doesn't even invoke the compiler, it invokes fucking Make.

Any editor with supports for programmable plugins, such as Emacs and vim can be turned into full-fledged IDEs.

I'm currently using vim for C development, using cscope and ctags for auto-completion and code navigation and a plugin for using vim as a frontend to gdb.
>>
>>58047950
By default, IDEs and vim do the same thing: trigger an action (e.g. press a button, or use the :make command in vim) and it calls some build system or compiler based on the setup. It's the compiler that ultimately compiles, of course.

Vimscript is turing-complete and thus you can write a compiler in it.
Macros are also turing-complete. Likewise they allow writing compilers in them.

>>58047987
:make does not invoke make, dumbass. Educate yourself.
>>
WOW!

A whole new distro to splinter the community even more!

What awesome benefit does it offer?!

A few preinstalled apps!
Ones I could install with a simple yum or apt-get

I always wanted to have 70 IDEs installed at once, even though I only use one.
>>
>>58047987
Eurgh. Vim is lovely for writing scripts and stuff like that, but why would you use it with a debugger. Seriously, save yourself the hassle of bad integration with gdb and use emacs+evil-mode with a debugger.
emacs --daemon is a god send.
>>
>>58048138
>bad integration
It just works.

Emacs is a nice OS though, too bad it lacks a decent text editor.
>>
>>58047998
>:make does not invoke make, dumbass. Educate yourself.
It does, retard.

https://www.cs.oberlin.edu/~kuperman/help/vim/makefiles.html
>>
>>58048186
Oh, so you're clinically retarded. Too bad. Just carry on I suppose.
>>
>>58047642
So it comes pre-installed with a bunch of shit I don't use. Wonderful.
>>
>>58048170
Have you tried emacs? :3
I used to be a vim-boy but evil'd emacs and now I can't go back. Vimscript is just so gay.
>>
linux: proprietary botnet edition
why is this a thing
>>
>>58048286
>Have you tried emacs? :3
Yes, I used emacs for 15 years until I started using vim

>Vimscript is just so gay.
While that is true, elisp is like staring into the abyss which is not much better desu.

>evil'd emacs
Evil-mode doesn't even support a fraction of vim commands I use on a daily basis, not to mention custom keybindings and functions.

>>58048257
:make invokes Make, retard. Why would you continue trolling when proof is already posted?
>>
>>58047642
Why? It's based on 14.04 Ubuntu so I can just download said release and install 99% of this shit already. Then there's the fact that I don't even want 75% of that shit. Why do I want SIX IDEs?
>>
>>58048343
You gotta look busy to your startup meme buddies.
>>
>>58047642
>Sarah is an original SemiCode OS package that acts like a virtual assistant integrated with your familiar Linux Terminal. Just like Siri, you can call her in Terminal and ask few questions to get their reply. You can get the information about a movie, get song lyrics, download any file or YouTube video, get a weather forecast, etc.
that one is cool
>>
>>58048508
Just like Siri, you can give the botnet access to your microphone.
>>
>>58048319
The only thing I miss from Vim is ctrl-X ctrl-L (bet you didn't know that one.)
>>
vim is shit kys you'reselves
>>
>>58047953
There's room for more, don't worry
>>
>>58047642
>You also get preinstalled and preconfigured LAMP stack.

The only thing that seems neat. Why would i have lots of pre-installed IDEs and shit that i don't use anyway?
>>
>>58049626
because it's trying to be all in one?

an interactive install process would cure all of these problems, but then why the fuck are you going to switch OS for it?
>>
>>58047642
>open video
>pajeet starts talking
>close video

Top kek.
>>
Looks good. I'll check it out.
>>
>>58047642
>2docks
>hacker black desktop
>"transparent but not quite" menu bar
>half of it looks like yet another Ubuntu ripoff
>other half looks like a middleschool aged scryptkiddie's wet dream
>no UI/UX cohesion at all
>meme AI in terminal means that software cohesion is just as bad (if not worse)

>does not solve any real issues
>main focus is just to make a few eDicks bigger
DEAD ON ARRIVAL
E
A
D

O
N

A
R
R
I
V
A
L
>>
>>58049626
It's not hard to configure a LAMP stack on Ubuntu.

But you have to use Ubuntu. It sucks on other distros.
>>
>>58047642
but can it run csgo
>>
>>58049689
so PajeetOS?
>>
>>58049793
>It's not hard to configure a LAMP stack on Ubuntu.

No, but it's nice if it comes pre-installed. Not hard, but unnecessary hassle if you can have it there already.
>>
>>58047642
>Made With Love in Khartoum , Sudan
>>
Because g linix users are retards who use linux for anime watching/ricing and because they want to be special by using something shit and irrelevant os
>>
>>58047642
finally we have a distro for programmers who can't install their own IDEs, compilers or editors and don't even know what language they're using, anyway!
>>
>>58049833
>Not hard, but unnecessary hassle if you can have it there already.
True, but you're still fucking lazy. Also, preconfiguring encourages idiots to leave everything on default settings and get hacked.
>>
>>58048538
nah it's not that good lol
>>
>>58051555
sane defaults :thinking:
>>
because im not retarded and can install everything i need myself without retarded bloat
>>
File: a68.png (514KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
a68.png
514KB, 520x678px
>>58047642
>gnome
Heh...
>>
>>58049833
Get Ubuntu Server and it also comes preinstalled.
>>
>>58053691
>2017-15days
>Running a server OS on your desktop
/g/ I had more faith in you...
>>
>>58053798
If it's not going to be a server what is the lamp stack for?
>>
>>58053816
for development?

Why would you install a shit load of visual ides on a server?
>>
>>58049626
Just use Docker for that sort of thing.
>>
>>58053921
I don't understand why anyone would install a shitload of IDEs at all desu.

Most people would only use one or two out of the whole list not fucking all of them
>>
>>58054540

Your obviously not a true developer.
>>
i would assume that a computer programmer would know how to install this shit on a real distro like Ubuntu, no?
>>
File: amy.jpg (79KB, 1535x1024px) Image search: [Google]
amy.jpg
79KB, 1535x1024px
>>58047642
>>SemiCode OS comes preinstalled with an array of
stop reading right there, install just what you need, and prepare to re-install your OS once in a while, use /home lvm partitions
>>
>>58056184
>>58054540
he develops in every language at the same time
>>
>>58049773
>I could use a couple of eDicks inches
>>
>still nobody can write an operating system as good as OSX without the proprietary garbage and limitations
stupid programmer fucks fragmenting everything
>>
>>58056603
>stupid programmer fucks fragmenting everything

you fucking retard, Apple devs can do that because they need to write software for like five slightly different hardware platforms: iphone, macbook, mac pro, ipad and whatever else.

meanwhile in sweaty neckbeard land of freedom and neetdom you got a billion combinations of shitty chink shit tier motherboards, cpus ranging from celerons to apus, videocards ranging from gma945 to gtx1999080ti+, ram ranging from 512MB because muh minimalism to 32GB because lol autismbucks, and so on. thats what you need to think of when designing/compiling a distro. ofcourse it's fragmented.
>>
>>58054368
don't know what docker even is for
>>
Linux is an IDE by default, what's the point? Theres everything you need in the repos too
Yet another useless distro
>>
>>58059092
>Linux is an IDE by default

>this meme again
>>
File: about.png (21KB, 1140x641px) Image search: [Google]
about.png
21KB, 1140x641px
B-but it comes with a girlfriend
>>
This distro is only good for absolute beginner programmers. Anyone else can just install their preferred IDE on their distro of choice.
>>
>Ships with Sublime Text
>Sublime Text costs $70, and is proprietary
Inb4 lawsuit.

In any case, there's not really much reason to make a Linux distro catered towards developers. Any Linux distro with a decent package manager will do just fine.
>>
>>58059844
>Inb4 lawsuit.

>Sublime Text may be downloaded and evaluated for free, however a license must be purchased for continued use.

so it's true, people who have any association with the word 'Ruby' are indeed retarded.
>>
>>58047953
This
>>
Why would I want all that bloat preinstalled?
I want a lean base and a fresh repo.
>>
>>58062470
>lean base and a fresh repo

like ur mom lmao
>>
>>58047642
Because like a normal person i just install what i need and am intelligent enough to install it myself.
>>
>>58047642
>not just installing Arch and ALL packages, including the ones from AUR
Fucking beginners
>>
>no DrRacket
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>58048319
not that anon but make invokes whatever you define
>>
>>58047642
the fuck would you need 53480589305834 IDEs and dev tools preinstalled

pretty sure most developers don't use literally every programming language under the sun
>>
>>58063306
nice meme
>>
>>58047642
>go to their website
>woman with coffee using a mac
Looks like some SJW horse shit. I think >>58047733 is right here. If the OS was worth a damn, there would be a screeshot of the desktop or an important feature set as the first image. Instead, I am greeted with a picture that tells me that it's a fucking hand holding safe space for feminist web devs. Disgusting.
>>
>>58063551
>muh ESS JAY DUBYA boggey man
>>
>>58063306
nice meme>>58063551
That's Sarah, you idiot :^)
http://www.semicodeos.com/sarah/
>>
>>58047819
One thing which I couldn't properly figure out is code generation in C++.

Let's say I have a class Foo with a method I've declared as follows `void do_something(int a)`. I want to generate the (empty) definition in the matching .cpp file so that I can immediately start typing. I have yet to find a good plugin for this stuff.
>>
> comes preinstalled with most relevant IDEs and compilers/runtimes
revolutionary
>>
>>58064105

hey faggot, how many preinstalled ides and compilers does windows/macos have?

faggot.
>>
>>58064763
Windows has built-in basic, mac os can do whatever bsd can out of the box

Script kiddies won't need anything else to feel an hacker
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.