[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth trying to get gold off circuit boards of old computers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Is it worth trying to get gold off circuit boards of old computers and hard drives?
>>
>>58046249
In general not really, unless you have industrial supplies & huge amount of electronics
>>
>>58046249
There was a long ass video on Codyslab that showed the whole processes.
Doing it at home will cost more than the value of the gold recovered, to do it in any large scale might send the EPA knocking at your door, and sourcing large piles of computer parts is extremely difficult when theres already a huge industrial complex based around doing exactly what you want to do at home.

Is it profitable? No
Is it a fun small project to do in your garage? Yes
>>
>>58046249

its not worth it OP.
>>
>>58046249
the gold is spread so thin that you would have to have tons of circuit boards and a furnace to burn them all in that it is not worth it, you would be better off going out in to the wilderness and digging for gold or panning for gold in a creek
>>
you'd seriously be better off mining bitcoins and gambling on sports.
>>
In my shithole of a country we have one facility that does this. It's an old gold mine that already had the chemicals to deal with extracting gold from ore. All they needed were some mills to chew electronics to fine dust.
>>
>>58046249
Time was that gold was used pretty freely in high-quality chips etc. But since gold went over $1000 an ounce the chip-makers have found new ways of doing things to reduce prices.
It used to be that simple SSL chips (7400) would be dollars each in small quantities. Now they are priced in the 1c range.
If you can find a source of old mainframe or mini-computer boards you might have some hope of making money. Look for ceramic (white) chips with gold leads.
But be aware, the quick and dirty process is very dirty and hazardous to your health.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.