[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gnome, KDE, and Cinnamon are buggy pieces of shit Are there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Gnomelogo.svg.png (14KB, 402x488px) Image search: [Google]
Gnomelogo.svg.png
14KB, 402x488px
Gnome, KDE, and Cinnamon are buggy pieces of shit

Are there any desktop enviroments that aren't complete shit?

No tiling wms pls
>>
File: raw.gif (1MB, 498x278px) Image search: [Google]
raw.gif
1MB, 498x278px
>Gnome, KDE, and Cinnamon are buggy pieces of shit
>Gnome, KDE
>>
>>58039636
Have you tried Xfce or LXQt?
>>
>>58039670

Yes I'm sure

Today and yesterday VLC caused Gnome3 to jump to 100% CPU utilization
>>
>>58039636
For any DE use package managers and release versions/distros that are stable. The kinks are because of those DEs depend on a lot of software so if one package isn't the same version it will bug out. This is a flaw in the design but you can use those DEs wo bugs the you just need the stars to line up.
>tl;dr/convoluted post
Don't be a pussy and use a tiling de like i3 so you don't have these problems and fuck off
>>
>>58039636
MATE/Gnome2
>>
>>58039719
i3
>>
>>58039728
>i3
>no tiling wms pls
>>
Xfce
>>
>>58039636
Weston

:`)
>>
Budgie or unity ok
>>
>>58039865
OP doesn't know what he wants.
Everybody loves some sexy i3 on their system.
>>
>>58040268
>he
did you just assume their gender?
>>
>>58040268
zhe zhem zhir idiot
>>
Unity is the only DE worth using
>>
>>58040268
This. Tile-Shaming needs to stop.
>>
>>58040295
this tbqh
>>
>>58039697
>VLC caused Gnome3 to jump to 100% CPU utilization
>VLC caused
HMMM GEE I WONDER...
Is this-
A.)Desktop Environment
B.)The Program
C.)You being a fucking retard

I'd give you a few minutes to reply but i'd be surprised if you can even read this. The answers are B and C. I'd like to congratulate you on your extra chromosome.
>>
>>58040268
I'll experiment for a bit, check out this DE then check out that DE. i3 however, will always be my home
>>
File: xfce.sh.png (26KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
xfce.sh.png
26KB, 650x650px
In my experience the DE doesn't really matter as much as the distro. At least when it comes to overall bugginess. Using any DE with Arch was a nightmare. When I switched to Ubuntu and Debian I had a much more stable experience.

Overall though if I had to choose the least buggy DE it would be XFCE.
>>
cwm is stacking ^^
>>
>>58040358
your dumb
>>
>>58039636
XFCE's pretty comfy
>>
>>58039636
May I ask which distro have you tested KDE with? And was it KDE 4 or 5?
>>
>>58039723

Ty. Trying it now

Is there any way to access the application search program by pressing the windows key?

The shortcuts menu will only accept the win key + something else
>>
>>58039636
Windows
>>
>>58040313

It actually looks like it's a problem that's unique to Ubuntu's implementation of GNOME
>>
>>58040403
>Windows
>Not a buggy piece of shit with more security holes than a fine swiss cheese.

Pick one.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.