[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to replace my Honor 5X, and considering the Galaxy Note

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Samsung-Galaxy-Note-4-2.jpg (944KB, 1634x2126px) Image search: [Google]
Samsung-Galaxy-Note-4-2.jpg
944KB, 1634x2126px
Looking to replace my Honor 5X, and considering the Galaxy Note 4, which I can get for $289AUD ($210 USD). Should I do it /g/? My experience with the Honor 5X has kind of put me off chinkphones, so inb4 "just buy xiaomeme"
>>
>>58038507
Yes. Removable battery, SD card, IR transmitter, etc.
>>
You could do a lot worse.
>>
I've hag my note 4 for three years with zero problems. Root it and enjoy.
>>
I'm still using a Note 3 and it does everything I want.
Phones plateaued years ago
>>
>>58038507
what's wrong with the Honor 5x? I was thinking about getting one
>>
>>58038507

Note 4 is the last great Note. removable battery, SD slot, no gimmick edge bullshit, metal frame. probably the best phone you can get for the money
>>
>>58038507
for that price the note 4 is a great phone. I have a note 3 that I would still be using to this day if it wasn't stuck on 4.4.2.
>>
>>58038650
You can install later ROMs on the Note 3
>>
>>58038627
Sluggish as hell even after multiple factory resets. My mother wanted me to sort some shit out on her Galaxy S3, and I was actually shocked by how fast it was compared to the 5X. My headphone jack also half died about 6 months into me owning it, so depending on the headphones, you either get full sound, sound in the left channel only, or no sound at all. I've bee using a small bluetooth receiver from Aukey to somewhat rectify the problem, but it would be great to just be able to plug directly into the phone.
>>
>>58038650
Was considering the Note 3, but this was one of the reasons I wanted to spring for the note 4, as it can be updated to Marshmallow via OTA update. Sure I could flash a Marshmallow rom onto the note 3, but for an extra A$50 ($35 USD) I get officially supported Marshmallow, as well as better hardware.
>>
>>58038657
>>58038701
That was the problem. It was a Verizon note 3 on T-mobile network. No OTA and because I had firmware version NC4, I couldn't flash any non stock ROMs on it. I tried. For weeks. I could get custom recovery and root. But no ROMs. Would just get bootloops and black screens.

I even had the after market 10k mah battery case for it :(. Mane I miss that phone.
>>
>>58038507
Had one two years ago it was a laggy piece of shit from the day I bought it.
>>
Using my Note 4 since it's 2014 release. No issues. Sporting a 10,000 mAh battery and a 256GB mSD. Use it as a remote for all my electronics. Camera is still great. Go for it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.