[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw fucked up applying screen protector on my phone and wasted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: bullshit.jpg (20KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
20KB, 640x427px
>tfw fucked up applying screen protector on my phone and wasted 10 bucks because of it

fuck this piece of crap technology suck my balls you stupid crap
>>
>>58034207
why do people buy this? I dropped my phone more than 20 times, even on hard surfaces, and the screen hasn't got any scratches
>>
>>58034207
>>58034334
>werks fer me lel

fuck off sameposter
>>
>>58034207
Be in a clean room without a shitload of dust in the air. Have your screen perfectly clean. Apply slowly from one end to the other.
>>
>>58034207
>10 bucks

cant you get them off of ebay 2 for 99p?
>>
>>58034207
You can still salvage it. Put tape to stick the lint off and then apply it WET. Put it under running hot water. The water will evaporate in a few days. Make sure to squeegee all the water out.
>>
>>58034207
Phones these days don't need those.
>>
>>58034207

>mad at the product because you can't follow instructions
>>
>>58034207
>>58034334

I too question this. As a male of certain gender, I find it trivial to keep my phone in one front pocket of my pants and my keys in the other, always mindful never to place objects harder than my phone's screen in the same pocket. For females, I can see why they might find screen protectors necessary because purses might as well be a washing machine full of bricks. As women do not inhabit the internet, I can only presume that OP is underage and should be banned for lack of discipline with regards to his daily carry logistics.

As for drops, a case with a raised lip is required equipment.

>>58034581

This is the most practical advice but the results are still often maddeningly unpredictable, given my experience applying screen prophylactics for others.
>>
>>58034664
i already crumpled it and flushed it down the toilet in the fit of rage
>>
Unsurprisingly these shitbirds are only needed for iPhones. Most Android phones have gorilla glass 4 nowadays rendering screen protectors pretty much memes.
>>
>>58034728
savage
>>
get glass instead of plastic
also get them on ebay they're like 50 cent there
>>
>I totally use my phone without cases or screen protectors bruh!!! Only cucks use that XD
Maybe if you don't go outside. There's always a chance to drop your phone when you least expect it. Also every phone I've used without protector got scratched as shit and they never touched anything other than my pockets. I don't even live near a beach or shit like that, just got scratched anyways for some reason. Screen protectors saved my phone's life multiple times, nothing more satisfying than seeing your protector cracked as fuck from a bad drop, removing it and seeing the screen harmless. I seriously hope you no-protection faggots drop the shit out of your phone someday.
>>
>>58034207
Why didn't you buy on at a store and have them put it on? Then if it isn't flawless they try another at their expense.
>>
>>58034207
Spend 26 bucks on the OP3 curved glass protector, a dandruff flake got on the adhesive side and ruined the whole thing.

Got my new one today. Worth it.
>>
>>58034728
OP3 poster>>58035946
when a d-druff flake got on mine I REEEEE'd and curb stomped the piss out of it. Until it was broken
>>
>dropped a key on my s7 from literally 10cm height
>2 deep gouges in the screen
Gorilla glass is a meme, don't fall for it.
>>
>>58034207
>tfw didn't fuck up applying screen protector and still wasted 10 bucks because screen protectors have been obsolete for the past 5 years.
>>
>>58034207
>not tempered glass
Why even bother
>>
>>58034736
Wrong.

Haven't used a screen protector since iPhone 4. Never got even a single scratch. Screen protectors are a meme unless you're using a $100 chink phone.
>>
I never use any extra protection on my phone.

It's like fucking without a condom, it's about 100x more risky, but it also feels about 100x better.
>>
You fuckers don't have sand, lint and shit in your pockets? Those things can be harder than glass. Use your phone for a year and there will be micro scratches. I've tried using my old Nexus 5 for a few weeks and there were already a few.
I mainly use it for drops though. I don't want a cracked screen like all those people with naked phones. My dad has cracked his screen protector 4 times so far. Screen is still good.
>>
>>58037976
There's this wonderful thing called a washing machine

you put your clothes in it and all your pocket sand disappears
>>
File: finedesuwa.jpg (45KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
finedesuwa.jpg
45KB, 240x200px
I know that feel

>order extra thick meme brand tempered glass screen protector for my note 4, 15 dollars
>First perfectly, no space wasted, covers all holes etc
>close all the windows, clean my room thoroughly, clean the phone until not a single fingerprint or dust particle remains (triple checked with a flashlight)
>apply it carefully from top to bottom, finish 20 minutes later

>air bubble in the topmost left corner after finishing even though it wasn't there moments ago
>Hardly noticeable unless in direct sunlight

J U S T
U
S
T
>>
>>58034207
git gud
>>
>>58034207
I just got a lifeproof case. Comes with a screen protector built in.

Why not do that?
>>
>>58034736
Actually, pretty sure iPhones use gorrilla glass.

First two results I got on "iphone uses corning glass"

https://9to5mac.com/2012/03/02/apple-acknowledges-use-of-corning-gorilla-glass-on-iphone-means-gorilla-glass-2-likely-for-iphone-5/

http://www.bidnessetc.com/40492-apple-inc-aapl-rumors-iphone-7-to-use-corning-sapphire-glass/
>>
>>58034207
>tfw got mine applied by a qt girl in a store near streets
>tfw not a single flaw
Is she a witch? All she did was clean the phone with a toilet paper like paper and alcool.
>>
>>58038957
I dunno. My wife's hobby is to fiddle around with watches. She can get that shit on extremely well, too. That said, I still don't use it, and rely more on cases like lifeproof.
>>
>>58034207
>10 bucks for a screen protector

you asked for it
>>
I worked at a certain electronic store that does install of the screen protectors. I would say 30% of the screens on floor are defective with bubbles or scratches.
>>
>>58034334

yeah i thought this for years until that one time i dropped my phone and the screen shattered. or the other time i had a scratch across the screen that drove me nuts. you can buy a screen protector on amazon for like 4 bucks. a cheap case to protect it from the shock of edge drops for like 8. take it off when you want it look fancy and expensive. it also keeps it in good shape for resell value. i don't really see the problem. the only people that are retarded for buying this crap are the people who buy the cases and protectors from the cellular shops for like 60 bucks and 20 bucks each. they're the real idiots (let's face it it's mostly old people and soccer moms that do this)
>>
>>58038938

pretty much all phones that aren't chinese garbage use gorilla glass. there's no need to look it up
>>
>>58034797
I've had my HTC since it was released and never used a case or screen protector, have dropped it hundreds of times, it slipping off a surface onto the ground or out of my pocket when crouching/whatever and it hasnt gotten a single scratch or crack.
>conversely my girlfriend dropped her S7 Edge from 20cm and broke it while it was in a case.
TL:DR It's probably different for different phones
>>
>>58038343
At least the rest of the screen is protected right? Just little quirks.
>>
Buy the iCarez brand shit with rubber bands for the install, I won't touch another brand for screen protectors agains
a nice no bubble setup without wasting a screen protector unless you're a braindead monkey
>>
File: 1475433720171.jpg (94KB, 1200x787px) Image search: [Google]
1475433720171.jpg
94KB, 1200x787px
>>58034700
>implying your keys are capable of scratching your phone in 2016
>>
>>58039541
my android phone display from 2015 was easily scratched by keys, screen protector could prevent this
>>
>>58034207
Screen protector is the most retarded thing ever.
Gorilla glass is scratches resistant, the shitty plastic film get scratches from day 1
why people use them??
>>
>managed to apply screen protector perfectly on first attempt, couldn't even see it was on there
>got punctured leaving a hole and bubble
>tried to apply several new ones, all had dust and bubbles
>tfw I couldn't replicate the first one
>>
>>58034207
>>58042021
You can use tapes to remove the dust that usually cause bubbles.
>>
Years ago I was running for the bus, loss my footing and hit the ground. The way I was holding my phone, I think I drove my thumb right into the screen. It had a huge crack running the length of it. If I didn't have a screen protector on it I wonder there would've been the possibility of the edge of the crack to be exposed and slicing my thumb on it.
>>
>>58034207
>buying and using screenprotectors
>buying and using cases

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>58034334
>dropped
Quartz is the second most abundant mineral on earth. It's in soil, sand and it has a 7 on the moh's hardness scale. One grain of sand in your pocket is enough to scratch gorilla glass. Not only that, but your oleophobic coating on your screen WILL wear out after a few months. In a year or two it'll be practically gone. Using a screen protector with its own oleophobic coating means you don't waste the one you have on your phone. If you're one of those retards who buys phones new that means you'll maintain the resale value.
>>
>>58034207
How stupid are you?
>>
>>58041740
I prefer to have something that I can discard for cheap to catch any eventual scratches than have it be my phone. Sure it gets scratched more easily than the actual screen, but it still protects against things that do scratch the screen.
>>
>>58034207
>using screen protectors
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.