[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm posting on the wrong board,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: YouTube-icon-full_color.png (13KB, 1024x721px) Image search: [Google]
YouTube-icon-full_color.png
13KB, 1024x721px
Hello, I'm not sure if I'm posting on the wrong board, but I was looking for a program which will download every YouTube video from a YouTube channel.

I want to watch YouTube on the go and study, but I don't have very much data to watch them.

Any tips?
>>
>>58024926
1. read the sticky
2. perform a google search
3. fuck off
>>
I admit I didn't read the sticky, but I have been searching in Google for quite sometime. I found a program from life hacker, but it turns out it contains malware
>>
>>58024926
YouTube-dl works on any YouTube video link I use it for audiobooks with an overlaying audio ripping software and a cutsie GUI interface.
>>
>>58024993
Rolling
>>
https://github.com/MrS0m30n3/youtube-dl-gui/releases

Download the appropriate one, run it. Go into settings, then video. Select m4a 128k if you just want audio. If you want video leave this default and skip to the next paragraph. Then go into audio and select convert to audio, audio format mp3. Make sure to set a save path in general.

Add the url to the /videos page on the channel and click download. Then just wait and you'll have every video in the channel on mp3 without downloading the video or you'll have video files with audio if you have chosen that option. Gives you decent sounding 120kbps mp3s and uses around 1mb/min to save and download. Good luck on your exams.
>>
>>58024949
Fine, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt

https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/

you want this, don't listen to anybody recommending something else
>>
>>58024926
4K video downloader. You'll have to pay to use full functionality but probably worth it.
>>
>>58025352
OP don't listen to him, I'll download 4K videos for you for less than whatever this guy is charging :^)
>>
>>58024926
install gentoo
>>
>>58024926
https://askubuntu.com/questions/438376/how-to-download-all-videos-on-a-youtube-channel

To download an entire channel

youtube-dl ytuser:<USER>
>>
>>58025650
or just
youtube-dl <URL TO CHANNEL>
>>
>>58025352
>You'll have to pay to use full functionality

GET A LOAD OF THIS GOY
>>
jdownloader
>>
>>58025793
this too will do it
>>
>>58025681
this. how do people like OP even exist in this day and age? downloading shit from video hosting sites is such a solved problem that i refuse to believe googling it wouldn't have yielded youtube-dl
>>
4k downloader (or something like that) is open-source, linux and nice
>>
Since this is now a youtube-dl thread, how can you set the --max-downloads so it stops even if you didn't download them?

Like if I go
youtube-dl --max-downloads 50 --download-archive $1 https://youtube.com/$1 --dateafter now-6months --ignore-errors

where $1 is the channel name.

It will go through all videos on the channel, even after the time limit or the archive name.
If the channel has a lot of videos, it takes a long time and could be sped up by "giving up" after n tries.
>>
>>58025793
don't use this pile of trash
>>
>>58026133
I gave him the benefit of the doubt because I googled “youtube download” and youtube-dl wasn't even on the first page. It was all proprietary shareware, “youtube to mp3” websites and other malware crap

This is one of the cases where it may be a solved problem, but there are about 50,000 CIA niggers trying to trick technologically retarded users into installing their botnets
>>
>>58027604
>“youtube download” and youtube-dl wasn't even on the first page. It was all proprietary shareware, “youtube to mp3” websites and other malware crap
This. It's all for win/macbabbies. If you add linux to the search youtube-dl comes up
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.