[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I overvaluing my laptop? I have a Lenovo Y50 that I am trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Am I overvaluing my laptop?

I have a Lenovo Y50 that I am trying to sell. I want to go for a desktop with at least a 6400 and an RX480. Problem is, it seems like nobody wants it for a decent price. I can't even get anybody to want to trade with it unless the desktop is significantly less powerful than my laptop.

Here are the specs: i7-4710HQ Quadcore, 16Gb DDR3, GTX 860M 4Gb (Maxwell 750ti version), 4k IPS screen, 500Gb Crucial SSD.

That doesn't seem unreasonable for $650 does it? The CPU is a Quadcore with hyperthreading and the GPU is literally a desktop 750Ti with 4Gb of VRAM. The laptop isn't even thick, it's under an inch.

Why am I having so much trouble getting rid of it?
>>
>>58024063
It's worth probably 500-550, not 650.
>>
oy fucking vey pajeet
>>
>>58024077
Desktops with worse specs in my area has sold for more than $650. Does the fact it's a laptop not add anything to its value?
>>
>>58024063

Nobody wants used hardware, except for Macbooks.

Okay, and old Thinkpads. But only because weirdos want them.
>>
>>58024102
Yes.

You can upgrade a desktop or add your own parts from other builds.

Laptops you can't upgrade and basically accumulate your cum stains until they die. The only laptops which retain value are Macbooks.
>>
>>58024163
and ThinkPads! Don't forget the ThinkPads!
>>
>>58024102

The fact that it's a laptop is hurting it's value. There's a large market for people to get new desktop PCs aftermarket, some people like the aesthetic of gayman builds but can't tell a memory module from a mechanical hard drive, and the used iMac/Mac Pro can run $1k-2k, used. They don't factor in when buying a cheap tower on the internet.

But when you want to sell a laptop, you are competing against the slew of used Mac laptops, which are driving your PC laptop's value down further. Why the shit would they spend $600 on your computer with the weird letters and names of the parts everywhere in the description when for just $100 more they can get a Macbook
>>
>>58024063
People are only interested in buying used apple products, regular laptops devalue like butter.
>>
People pay more for a desktop because they 1) don't want to or are scared of building their own gaming PC 2) they have enough parts lying around that a $650 used PC can become a $1000+ build. Plenty of youtube channels sustain themselves by building PCs then selling them on. It's a lucrative market.

Laptops are basically planned obsolescence incarnate, they have a 4-5 year lifespan then they die. Most people don't give a shit about specs or understand them.
>>
>>58024297
>>58024177
>>58024163

Well fuck I'll just keep it then and wait to get a desktop. I don't foresee a Haswell i7 becoming obsolete anytime soon.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.