[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /gee/ what's your opinion on ultrabooks? I'm currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Hey /gee/ what's your opinion on ultrabooks?
I'm currently looking to buy one but I don't see too much talking about them in this board.
>>
>>58015232
Too thin that can't be used for anything other then basic development. Seriously ultrabooks are the fucking future, but at this point notebooks is still the standard.
>>
It's just a 'meme'.

Poor performance and shitty battery life.

Nobody cares how thin your laptop is unless you are extremely mentally ill (ie homosexual). Get a proper one that you can actually use
>>
>>58015661
There's plenty of ultrabooks with a battery life that would rival any standard 15.6" laptop. Even early Spectres etc would have hours of battery life, and i7 + SSD is quick in any machine.
>>
>>58015232
I get to use quite a few Ultrabooks, running a PC repair shop, and the XPS 13 looks gorgeous, but I wasn't a fan of the keyboard. Everything was great, but I couldn't get up to speed typing on that thing. I've found most fall down on their keyboard. The HP Spectre XT was really pretty, good spec, cheap for what it was, but the keyboards are all 2mm crappy keys like on an ATM. For me that's a no-go. I want the input on my machines to be as good as it can be, not fumbling around with keys and making typos etc.
>>
Hmmm....ok

Mine is older but, I have a HP 2540p w/ i7 and 8GB RAM I got in 2011 when it was the newest, best thing.

Upgraded RAM from 4 to 8, replaced HDD with SSD. Bought dock.

Pros: No hardware issues. Built very well. Good battery. Full functionality.

Plug into dock at home and I've got a decent desktop.

Cons: Screen sucks. Period. Heat. Cost.

Not going to buy a current one when this one goes. I've been happy with it but, the compromises in simple viewing comfort and lack of 9 key pad.....the little niggling annoyances somehow overshadow the fact it's provided full functionality while traveling 80% of the last 6 years. Going bigger and cheaper next purchase.
>>
>>58015232
Without the MacBook Air there wouldn't have been any Ultrabook.
>>
So I've bought into the Ultrabook meme and have been looking at machines to buy

I've spotted the Asus UX360UA for around £600, i5, 3200x1800 screen, good ports, 128GB SSD.

The one everyone wanks over is the HP Spectre x360 though, and that's retailed at £900, has a 1920x1080 screen that is actually worse than the Asus in not only resolution, a worse hinge but 256GB SSD

My question is, where the hell does the gap in price come from? I've seen both in person, the Asus seems like a better machine but it just doesn't look as slick

Something just feels off about paying less for what seems like more, what's the catch?
>>
>>58015232
Marketing gimmick by Wintel. They all have ULV dual-core CPUs.
>>
>>58015232
>ultrabook
So by today's standard a normal notebook?
>>
I liked Netbooks better. Netbooks would be pretty good if they were still made.
>>
>>58023275
netbooks were a meme, super cheap shit slapped to an atom processor. Nowadays you get better performance and battery life from bigger processors.
To be fair ultrabooks are the next step netbooks, they go for portability and battery life.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.