[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else ever feel like the biggest issues with finding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

Does anyone else ever feel like the biggest issues with finding a tech job is the recruitment department they often hire very stupid fucking people to hire people for the jobs they are filling.
i just got an email back from a web hosting company (Bluehost) despite my years experience in server management and web development with css,python,html... ect they said that i needed call center experience im quite dumbfounded, then again this recruitment lady was very lacking in knowledge on what the job actually was, very condescending as well then again from what i have heard that company is having a very rough year this year and most likely will keep having rough times if people like this are doing the hiring.
>>
>>58013507
Find one of the managers in the department you want to work in on LinkedIn and send him a message along the lines of:
>Attaching my resume, I applied to work with you and the hiring mgr said I didn't have "call center experience?" Just reaching out in case there is some confusion about the job they are hiring for and I fell through the cracks. Really like your company. Sincerely Anon.
>>
>>58014369
Good advice.

Do what this anon said. And if you don't have a linkedin just end it now
>>
File: d5a044f71d7ba6997d7d8b8829347570.jpg (363KB, 1920x2502px) Image search: [Google]
d5a044f71d7ba6997d7d8b8829347570.jpg
363KB, 1920x2502px
>>58013507
best girl
>>
>apply for software dev internship
>get phone interview
>"Hey anon we need someone who is proficient in C#, do you know C#?"
>yeah I know C#, it's almost exactly the same as Java, and Java was beaten into my head at uni
>"Oh you didn't have any actual classes that taught C#?"
>no my uni didn't offer C# classes, but I'm self-taught and--
>"We need someone who knows C#."
>But I know C#, I even wrote some apps and can show you--
>"Because you don't know C#, I am going to have to say no for this internship at this time, however, in the future..."

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE C# AND JAVA ARE THE SAME FUCKING THING YOU DUMB HR BITCH KYS KYS KYS FUCK

SHE EVEN SOUNDED FAT

I AM SELF TAUGHT, PROFICIENT IN C#, AND CAN PROVE IT YOU DUMB FUCKING HAM WHALE BLUBBER BITCH
>>
>>58014984
The leap between quotes 4 and 5 is somewhat suspicious, but honestly you don't really want to say too much to people it won't really impress (i.e. HR).
They just want to check boxes off on a list and don't really care what else you have to say about it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.