[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I learned some C#, what can I do with it now? Basically, I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: AA.jpg (190KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AA.jpg
190KB, 1280x720px
I learned some C#, what can I do with it now?

Basically, I've gone through this:

3. Creating First C# Program
4. Dissecting C# Program
5. Quick Overview of the Visual Studio IDE
6. Declaring Variables and Assigning Values
7. Branching with the IF Decision Statement and the Conditional Operator
8. Operators, Expressions and Statements
9. FOR Iterations
10. Creating Arrays of Values
11. Creating and Calling Simple Overloaded Helper Methods
12. WHILE Iterations and Reading Data From a Text File
13. Working with Strings
14. Working with DateTime
15. Understanding and Creating Classes
16. Understanding Object Lifetime
17. Understanding Inheritance in the .NET Framework Class Library 18. Understanding Namespaces and Adding References to Assemblies
19. Understanding Scope and Utilizing Accessibility Modifiers
20. Enumerations and the switch Decision Statement
21. Gracefully Handling Exceptions
22. Working with Collections
23. Filtering and Managing Data Collections Using LINQ
24. Understanding Event-Driven Programming

But have no idea what to do with it? What the hell am I supposed to do now or go from here?

What am I supposed to do in programming by knowing C# and C++ (which I'm going to study enxt). I've learned something that I have no idea where it is used.

Help me out on this please.
>>
>>58009891
Write an app that installs gentoo.
>>
Sript an alarm clock
>>
>>58010086
>>58010092

Well, I want to make mobile apps/games or bots for games for now. Not sure where to start that.
>>
>>58010126
follow youtube tutorials on how to make aimbots and whatnot.

keep following tutorials until you can piece enough stuff together to make your own stuff
>>
>>58009891

Some ideas:

Install Unity3D, make some games (it uses C#)

Write an app that sits in your systray and pings all the machines on your network every thirty seconds and turns the icon red if any of them don't respond.

Install SQL Server and learn to work with databases. You'll find yourself wanting to organize all kinds of shit once you learn SQL. (I'm assuming SQL Server has a C# API, I dunno, I'm a UNIX guy).

Look for easy freelance projects on the 'net so you can make some money.

Write a program that randomly posts dick pictures to /b/.

Oh, and you know how function names in C# are all capitalized? C# is the only language I know that does that. If you're like me, that'll drive you mad when you learn something else (it drove me mad when I was learning C#). Have fun in C++.
>>
>>58009891
C# is a meme language, i suggest to learn some more advanced languages like HTML or CSS.
>>
>>58010200
learned :^)
>>
>>58010199
That's nice list.
Well yeah, my plan is to learn SQL/JavaScript/HTML&CSS, since I'm going to college for programming. HTML&CSS are just kindergarden stuff from what I've witnessed.

I've got a load of stuff sended to me froma friend that attended that college and he said to study a lot about data structures and algorythms, as well as discrete mathematic.
>>
>>58010266
And that when I learn everything I'll 'get it'.

But kind of frustrfrating that I don't know where it leads.
>>
>>58010266

HTML and CSS are odd. You need "artistic" skills to be really good with them. From a technical standpoint, they're not very difficult.

I can write functional HTML and CSS, but I can't make it look pretty.

Javascript ties in with both of those, but requires more traditional programming skills. It's a bizarre language, though. It uses an odd object model based on the programming language "Self." I don't much care for it, but it's not hard to learn.

SQL isn't hard to learn, but you need to spend some time on it to really learn the relational model. Get a good book on it and run through the exercises.

The one piece of the web development side that you're missing is a good server-side language. You could argue you have that with C# (if you're using ASP.NET on IIS), but picking up something like PHP would be a good idea. PHP's a bit of an odd duck and people shit on it around here, but it's popular and it gets the job done. It's like Perl with a better object system.
>>
>>58010359
What is ASP.NET on ISS?

I'm working with.NET right now and I don't even know what hell this thing is all about.

What's the difference.
>>
>>58010376

IIS == "Microsoft Internet Information Services"

Basically, Microsoft's web server.

ASP == "Application Server Pages"

Dunno what it's like now, but in the pre-.NET days it was like PHP but with vbscript. Your code was embedded in the HTML and executed by the server before the HTML was sent to the browser. I'm sure it's different now.

In web development, you got server-side code and client-side code. The server-side code talks to databases, generates the HTML, handles queries from the client javascript, etc. It provides the data. This is usually called "back-end code."

Javascript handles client-side stuff and communicates with the server using various methods. Javascript runs on the web browser. Oftentimes this is referred to as "front-end" code.

A lot of web developers specialize in one or the other. I'm decent with back-end code, but I dislike front-end code. It's personal preference.
>>
>>58010376

Oh, and .NET is a marketing thing.

Generally speaking, .NET refers to anything that runs on Microsoft's CLI virtual machine. But because it's a marketing name, it gets associated with all kinds of stupid unrelated crap.

.NET was created in response to Java. Microsoft was afraid that Java would give users an alternative application platform to Windows. That never happened - it was Javascript and the web browser that accomplished that. Microsoft didn't see it coming until it was too late. But it explains why C# and Java are so similar - C# started out as pretty much a rip-off of Java.

Technically, the .NET stuff is an open standard, but you don't see it much on non-Microsoft platforms.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.