[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016- 12-15/federal-court-orde

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: images (3).jpg (19KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
19KB, 512x288px
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-15/federal-court-orders-pirate-bay-blocked-in-australia/8116912?pfmredir=sm

Is this the end of net neutrality in Australia?
>>
Isn't it just a honeypot these days?
>>
>>58007494
Are you referring to TPB?
>>
>>58007456
This has nothing to do with net neutrality. Piracy is illegal.
>>
>>58007538
5 dollars have been deposited into your Foxtel account
>>
>>58007456
Net Neutrality, the policy, has nothing to do with pirating software and media you dummy.
>>
It's fucking nothing, just bypass the block.
>>
>>58007604
It's monitoring and censoring websites, which is related to Net Neutrality
>>
>>58007657
>CP site taken down is breaching net neutrality
Is this seriously the state of /g/?
>>
>>58007679
>censorship ever being acceptable for any reason

Is this seriously the state of /g/?
>>
>>58007657
I thought Net Neutrality would be more like if the ISPs were ordered to brutally throttle torrents while significantly boosting the bandwidth available for a state owned Netflix competitor
>>
>>58007538
>You can only torrent illegal things
>>
Sweet ausfags are going to go full VPN soon then.
>>
>>58007804
Do you idiots even understand what net neutrality means? It has nothing to do with piracy.
>>
>>58007804
Basically it would be like if Comcast decided to brutally throttle a website for it's consumer base if the said website didn't make a deal with Comcast.
That's extremely friendly talk for extorting small traffic websites that make it onto Comcast's radar so that everyone who uses xfinity internet to be able to use it without making it slow to dial up speeds, or worse.

They wanted to do it to Netflix so that they could push their cable/streaming services numbers.
>>
>>58007456
Not net neutrality brah

We couldn't even organise an online census without getting DDoS-ed by the people trying to complete it. I will be interested to see how the ISPs will try and 'block' these sites and how easy it will be to circumvent.
>>
>>58007679
the point is that it's not being taken down, just censored
>>
>>58007456
Kek, I'll just use my a VPN.
Which reminds me, I used to use vyprVPN but they were too expensive so I let my sub run out. What VPN is recommenced these days?
>>
>>58007538
> Piracy is illegal.
> Blocking internet access is not illigal and not dystopian enough
>40$ markup on digital products is great
>>
File: EFA-2016scorecard-2.01[1].png (289KB, 1875x1326px) Image search: [Google]
EFA-2016scorecard-2.01[1].png
289KB, 1875x1326px
>"I'm voting Liberals because they opposed Conroy's internet filter"
>Once they win the election they keep the internet filter AND bring in mandatory data retention
>"It will only be used to block CP and terrorism"
heh.
>>
>>58007456
Do I finally have to get a VPN?
>>
>>58007456
>net neutrality
>australia
They were already blocking a shit load of sites.
>>
>>58011223
>VPN tech will be blocked since its used to override our filters . Anyone caught using this tech will be prison up to 2 years.
>>
>>58007867
>>58011125
They allow you to get content illegally. I pirate all the time, but I am surprised how easy it is and how these sites are allowed to stay up. You can't be surprised or mad that it gets shut down or blocked. If the only hosted FOSS content that would be a different story.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.