[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>comcast in charge of hiring competent and moral human be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 30

File: comcast.jpg (171KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
comcast.jpg
171KB, 1280x720px
>comcast in charge of hiring competent and moral human beings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCEzEVJkO1U
>>
>>58004400
>usa is a first world country
>>
>>58004898

Its the midwest, of course it isn't.

t. midwestener
>>
Americans are like stubborn little apes. How selfish.
>>
>>58004400
those are some nice digits, my boy
>>
File: 1456522967291.jpg (24KB, 384x395px) Image search: [Google]
1456522967291.jpg
24KB, 384x395px
Jesus christ that truck crash. Fucking animals. Serious question, and I promise I'm not baiting: Why the fuck are Americans so... brainwashed and lacking in empathy. It's like they have absolutely zero care for their fellow Americans. Did the CIA do something? Because the level of apathy is inhuman. Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>58004400
>shoving a camera in a dude's face that is trying to work in freezing temps

dude's probably making minimum wage
>>
show me on the doll where the american touched you
>>
>>58004400
I dont know enough about Yank regulations, but if you think he might be causing accident's, isn't calling cops to figure this shit out better option?
>>
>>58005154
He did and it took an hour for them to arrive
>>
>>58005215
Quality 'murrican services, from internet to cops.
>>
>>58005108

no he's not fucktard
>>
He should've called the cops. Cops would've probably told those Comcast retards to leave.
>>
>>58005262
>>58005215
>>
>>58005262
kill yourself
>>
He didn't even bother to put up a sign warning of the lane closure. There's probably supposed to be a guy directing traffic there also.
>>
>>58004400
>put all of the traffic cones right behind your truck

Either this guy didn't understand that they're supposed to be a visual warning for traffic, not a physical defense for yourself, or he's an incredibly lazy piece of shit.
>>
>>58005090
>they have absolutely zero care for their fellow Americans

we're programmed to be drones and just do our jobs like the comcast guy

because if we don't then everyone will think we're niggers
>>
He may have put the VLC a bit further up the road, especially after all the shit that happened.

But I have respect for that guy because he's just badass. Look how he just gives not even a single fuck when all these cars crash. He just goes on.
Imagine working his job.
His job is most likely not very fun, as most people will only call him out to their home when something is not working and then they'll be dicks to him, implying it's his fault. It's the only logical reason why he just doesn't react. He probably has to deal with stupid mad americans every single day and became numb.
>>
>>58005117
muh dick
>>
>>58004400
Imagine if a bus full of kids got wrecked
>>
>>58005613
All he had to do was put his cones a bit further up. Every blue collar job is big on safety and liability.
>>
>>58005664
Comcast would have won the lawsuit.

It's not their fault that some shitty drivers can't react fast enough. Furthermore, did you even get a good look at the truck involved in the accident? The guys in the video said the speed limit in that area is 40 MPH. That truck was going at least 55.
>>
>>58005666
>666
>believing what satan wants

Thank god that comcast guy didn't put the cones further up.
>>
network neutrality, roads edition
>>
>>58005688
No they wouldn't
Because they would have settled long before it went to court
>>
File: 1468479829801.jpg (45KB, 540x434px) Image search: [Google]
1468479829801.jpg
45KB, 540x434px
>>58005720
LMAO HOLY SHIT ANON

I'M LEGIT SCREAMING
>>
>>58005716
top kek
>>
File: 1471307545479.jpg (234KB, 800x745px) Image search: [Google]
1471307545479.jpg
234KB, 800x745px
>mfw driving in snow and ice today
>mfw sliding all over the place

>mfw didn't crash and lived to shitpost another day

I may or may not work for Comcast.
>>
>uses phone to film and bitch
>doesn't call the police
every single person there is retarded
>>
File: 1475546438904.jpg (68KB, 650x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475546438904.jpg
68KB, 650x800px
>>58005809
>mfw living in ohio
>mfw the roads are cleared and salted before I even leave for work
>>
>>58005090
>Jesus christ that truck crash. Fucking animals. Serious question, and I promise I'm not baiting: Why the fuck are Americans so... brainwashed and lacking in empathy. It's like they have absolutely zero care for their fellow Americans. Did the CIA do something? Because the level of apathy is inhuman. Jesus fucking christ.

Because generally our feelings are that having empathy for people can lead to them taking advantage of you. For example those cars were all speeding, hence no time to stop with the ice. On the other side of this people are calling and bitching at Comcast because their service is out.
>>
>>58005262
They did.
They arrived 1 hour later
>>
File: 1479855297040.gif (644KB, 512x481px) Image search: [Google]
1479855297040.gif
644KB, 512x481px
>>58004400
I wonder why Indiana doesn't have state laws that prohibits parking on hills and curves? Literally any state with hills or mountains and gets snow has laws that prohibit parking on any sloped surface without a shoulder or designated parking lane.
>>
File: 1476676770955.jpg (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476676770955.jpg
36KB, 400x400px
>>58005809
>>58005968
>mfw northern michigan
>it's a fucking arctic desert
>a few dead trees dot a cold white hell
>snowed in so deep that I can't leave the house
>have to work from home
I hate winter.
>>
yea the comcast guys are idiots but why didn't the guy taping call the cops? and even more important, why are people driving that fast on that fucking road? that truck was going way, way too fucking fast.
>>
>>58006106
>have to work from home
I wish I had that luxuary. Unless it's so bad that it's illegal to drive than i'm expected to come in, but as I said in >>58005968 it usually doesnt get that bad unless theres practicably a blizzard
>>
>>58004400
>triple dubs
>>
File: xfinity.png (391KB, 926x466px) Image search: [Google]
xfinity.png
391KB, 926x466px
>look motherfucker
>i got shitposters offline
>i got 10 year olds out on snow day who need to play minecraft
>theres housewives who need to be watching the view
>do you have a job to do because I fucking do
>>
>>58006016
Wow, america is so great!
>>
>>58006808
actually it is
>>
>>58005613
I can attest. I had that job and at least 75% of people are dicks to you just because they hate the cable company. Obviously I have no familiarity with driving in the snow, but in pissing rain or the dark nobody got into an accident with my truck. At my company he was meeting all of the safety requirements especially for the cones, if the speed limit is below 50 he isn't required to put them any further up the road. All those people are retards for not driving at least 20 miles under the speed limit with such thick snow and ice on the road. Sp I don't feel bad for this guy at all. I hope he didn't get into any trouble just because this guy recorded this video. I'm positive my supervisor would have done the same and not gave a fuck. Hes most likely just trying to get out of the road altogether ASAP so hes more concerned with his work, also if they are phone provider in that area they are more required to get phones up and running for safety than for retards who don't how to drive.

tl;dr
I'm with the comcast guy
>>
All the people who crashed were going to fast. You can try to blame comcast but it mostly looked like the fault of the drivers.
>>
>>58005090
I wouldn't generalise every American as half brain dead, but there are a lot of them. I would chalk it up to us not having the culture and history that many European countries have when it comes to commiseration and togetherness. A majority of people in the US make everything about themselves or have never needed to be empathetic.
>>
>>58005688
>40mph speed limit
it should be 10 mph on a snowy day like that
>>
>>58006949
>Go home CIDF
>>
File: comcast.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
comcast.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>58004400
Hi OP!
>>
>>58006954
>what is driving on an icy road
>>
Should the Comcast workers put cones at the foot of the hill AND had people managining traffic? Yes. Is it their fault for that wreck? Partially. If the idiots driving not been speeding, it could have been avoided. Case in point: Their all at fault.
>>
File: 1480310021857.jpg (26KB, 527x578px) Image search: [Google]
1480310021857.jpg
26KB, 527x578px
>>58007003
>>
>>58007012
yeah and most insurance policies will say "Oh you weren't driving as safe as the weather conditions required looks like it was your fault." It was the drivers fault, the comcast guy didn't break any laws. and he was probably only parked there for less than hour is why he didn't want to spend 30 extra minutes walking ones to the top of the hill. He also probably only had 6 cones on his truck and they had strobe lights on no way someone couldn't see from the very top of the hill.
>>
>>58005090
Because Americans aren't a nationality lol
>>
>>58007037
>defending Comcast even though they already took the blame
http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/a-statement-about-the-incident-in-indianapolis
>>
>>58006949
Um, do you fucking know OSHA rules you idiot? He broke all of them. After the first accident, he was REQUIRED to get a flagger. Your place of operation is over a hill? You're supposed to have work signs at the top of the hill at MINIMUM. Especially in snow and bad traffic conditions. This doesn't even meet minimal safety even given that it was a nice and beautiful, sunny, dry day.
>>
>>58007019
They're not all at fault. Many of them were driving carefully and slowly. There wasn't enough warning and given that the site of operation was right after the top of a hill, they should have closed the entire road off or delayed work until conditions bettered.

This easily violates several regulations with OSHA. They didn't even try.

>>58007037
If anything, the insurance companies are going to prefer suing rather than issuing payment for all these drivers. I can already see a cash settlement coming from Comcast as we speak.
>>
>>58004400
>A undersides worker
>Have to deal with utility poles in the freezing snow
>Place your cones
>Get blamed cause fags are going 50 on 40 mph an icy road,c causing accidents.
>>
i was driving home today and the mail car was in front of me dropping everyones mail in the boxes as he/she drove by

so the cars behind the driver would just pass on the left

however when i got behind him he was just moving up, so i was in the middle of the road for a few seconds

:^)
>>
>>58006949
All of that may be true, however it was EXTREMELY irresponsible and reckless to not provide a very visible way of getting around. If you are that Comcast guy at the very least for your own safety you should put up more cones. I would be upset as a manager because there would be a chance of having the vehicle damaged as well.
What would piss people off (and rightly so) is that the solution to this fuck up is so glaringly obvious that to not do it would mean the guy obviously knew and INTENDED to cause "accidents". I don't see how you can side with him and not see that as a possibility.
>>
why are you guys defending the worker? i'm not by any means saying he is evil, we all know he is a guy trying to do a job

the thing is, this was at the bottom of a hill, the guy could have just as easily used his truck that has 4x4 or awd to pull onto the side of the road, it isn't that hard - i've drove through snow before with one

but definitely agree too that these faggots were driving too fast, that dark blue/black truck made me cringe
>>
>>58007073
>they literally did everything to not say:
>it was our fault
>we're sorry
>we will be paying retributions

All this statement says is that they will begin investigating it. by saying he was concerned with what he saw he most certainly means the retards speeding on this road or the crybaby holding the camera that didn't call the police. Did the police even tell them they had to do something about it? is anyone suing? If you legitimately think that they are in the wrong then seek legal counsel.

You can;'t just say "They did something wrong but it will never hold up in court" when your holding a high quality footage of the incident...
>>
>>58007182
It is ridiculous to imply that he INTENDED to cause accidents. I'm sure the first thing going through his mind was "If I hurry I can be off the road in less than 30 minutes"
>>
>>58004400
Oh it's this video again. Everyone in that video is at fault, most fault lying with the driver's of the vehicles. They were driving improperly configured vehicles way too fast for conditions. every driver in that video should have their driver's license revoked.
>>
>go to glovebox
>pull out .45
>"Move your truck or i climb over you dying corpse and move it for you."

Problem solved.
>>
>>58007185
I'm not defending him, he might have no acted 100% in compliance which the guidelines, but the drivers were at fault. No, his truck is not AWD.

You don't drive fast in low visibility and low grip conditions, you don't follow so fucking close, and you never ever speed over a crest.
>>
>>58005090
"Fuck you, I got mine!"
>>
>>58007298
Not even 100%. You can drive perfectly and still crash given the conditions of the road, the fact that the warning comes after the crest of the hill, and seeing as there is already a pileup.

Very clearly, this guy has broken OSHA standards. If this was in a DOT jurisdiction, he'd be breaking DOT regulations as well. The Comcast employees will probably not face criminal charges, but I'd definitely at least try to get them on criminal negligence. This was just stupid and easily preventable.
>>
File: fuckingretard.png (242KB, 715x302px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingretard.png
242KB, 715x302px
you know, after rewatching, i kind of agree with you guys now

the drivers had their role to play in this for sure, look at this idiot just hit the sedan that is driving slowly like you should on an icy road
>>
i dont know why people try to talk about the speed limit of the road, because under those conditions the posted speed limit is not valid.

but when you drive in the winter without actual snow tires, and think that a 40mph road is still 40mph like that, shit happens.

if they really cared they would have simply called the police
>>
>>58004400
Why dont americans know how to drive in icy conditions?
>>
>>58007425
People already consider the speed limit 10 over whatever posted so they are never going to go under the limit itself
>>
>>58007381
>You can drive perfectly and still crash given the conditions of the road
The chance of that happening with the right equipment and proper driving is so minuscule that you shouldn't even think of it as a possibility.
>the fact that the warning comes after the crest of the hill
A crest is ALWAYS hiding a potential hazard. Always. This is why in rally your co-pilot will call out crests, so you can slow down and be aware.
>and seeing as there is already a pileup.
Caused by poor drivers, yes.

People need to stop ignoring bad driving and unfit vehicles because they pose a threat 24/7/365.
>>58007451
Almost no one does, including most Europeans. The only people I've seen capable of driving in snow (other than people who train how to do so) are the ones from Northern Europe and that's mostly because they understand the importance of winter tires so there isn't that much difference from driving on plain old wet pavement.
>>
>going so fast up a blind hill that you cannot stop in time
>>
>>58007451
because we stay home and drink beer
>>
This would never happen in a first world country like Japan.
>>
>>58007575
because no one in Japan owns a car
>>
>>58007591
I'm talking about the arrogance and selfishness, obviously.
>>
Many of the cars clearly weren't speeding and they still had to veer off the road because the dumbass didn't post any sort of warning about the lane closure. He apparently didn't even have a flag man to signal people through safely.
>>
>>58007525
>The chance of that happening with the right equipment and proper driving is so minuscule that you shouldn't even think of it as a possibility.

Not everyone has four wheel drive or snow tires. Do you expect these people to just not go to work? If the road is open, the authorities are essentially saying that anyone that passes state inspection can safely drive. This obviously wasn't the case, and I think the people that didn't crash were the ones with 4WD.

>A crest is ALWAYS hiding a potential hazard. Always. This is why in rally your co-pilot will call out crests, so you can slow down and be aware.

What happens if you don't go fast enough over a hill with ice on it? You slide back? You have to maintain a certain speed to just get over that hill in the first place. If it was the case that the conditions were too terrible to drive over that hill safely without potentially hitting the internet vehicle, then they needed to shut down that road for work. That, or wait until conditions got better.

>Caused by poor drivers, yes.

Apparently multiple bad drivers. The pileup wasn't one driver, most cars ended up crashing into the ditch and onto other peoples' properties.

>People need to stop ignoring bad driving and unfit vehicles because they pose a threat 24/7/365.

They all passed state inspection. There isn't a inspection sticker for driving in bad weather.

>>58007534
If you don't go fast enough, you slide back down the hill and hit the other cars. They had to maintain at least 20MPH just to get over that hill probably.
>>
all you eurofags don't know how much we burgers hate this company already
>>
>>58007606
>implying I'm wrong
>>
>>58007642
>implying you're not out of arguments.
>>
americans seem to have this mentality that as long as they're not doing anything technically illegal, or if someone else is potentially partly responsible for something bad happening to them, they're not remotely at fault for their injury and don't have to extend any care or concern whatsoever.
>>
>>58007451
go visit /justrolledintotheshop and see how cheap people can be

>You go get an oil change done in the summer time,
>tech tells you that your tires need to be replaced
>you brush him off as him trying to upsell you some shit you don't want, you can clearly see they are not bald yet
>winter comes
>you take your your usual way home, its snowing so you're not going that fast
>you go over the crest of the hill, and see an obstacle ahead,
>you press on the brakes, your tires are almost bald
>you slide around until you end up in a ditch, steering isn't doing shit,
>the momentum of the car is deciding where you are going to end up
>you're in the ditch now
>you blame everyone except yourself
>>
>>58005090
America isn't a country, it's a business.
>>
>>58006954
This

>>58007012
The way those cars are slipping and sliding they shouldn't have been going more than 10-15mph but more than a few of them were trying to challenge that speed limit. They're dipshits that got what they were asking for.
>>
>>58007652
We live in a litigious society where often times extending a helping hand just makes you liable in case you fuck up by accident. It's a cover your ass mentality. Blame lawyers.

Having said that, that roadwork was totally half-assed. Even though that truck was speeding on shitbox tires the fact that 4 cars had slid off the road immediately prior to that accident is proof that their setup was just completely inadequate. People can't be expected to round every corner/hill as if there is unlabeled roadwork going on at a close distance. It's just common sense that that is a recipe for disaster. Those guys deserve to get fired and it isn't even up for debate. Also, I live in an area that is snowy in the winter and I've never seen a cable truck that far out into the middle of the fucking road for roadside linework. What a joke.
>>
>>58007739
Just saying that even if you are going well under the speed limit icy roads can be unpredictable, especially if going downhill like in the video.
>>
>>58007620
>Not everyone has four wheel drive or snow tires.
AWD is irrelevant. If you live in a place with winter and you don't purchase winter tires, you shouldn't be driving. It's no one's problem but you own if you can't afford them, that just means you can't afford a car in the first place. Everything else you said is just some bullshit about how much the cops know and how what's legal = best practice
>What happens if you don't go fast enough over a hill with ice on it? You slide back?
Maybe if you have the wrong tires, but with the right tires it isn't a problem.
>Apparently multiple bad drivers.
Yes, hence drivers. Plural.
>They all passed state inspection. There isn't a inspection sticker for driving in bad weather.
Indiana doesn't have safety inspection (not sure if all counties even require emissions testing) and state safety inspections are laughable and meaningless.
>>
File: 1481585782382.png (41KB, 293x270px) Image search: [Google]
1481585782382.png
41KB, 293x270px
>>58007692

why do my tires have hair
>>
okay i can understand maybe at first. the comcast guy had a shit attitude. after the first car sliding around you make a judgement call and reapproach the situation. comcast are horrible to their customers and this incident is no different.
>>
>>58007692
>tech tells you that your tires need to be replaced
With Ning Dong All Seasons that won't do shit anyway. Mechanics are largely just as clueless as everyone else.
>>
File: 1467652545539.png (136KB, 332x405px) Image search: [Google]
1467652545539.png
136KB, 332x405px
>>58005090
Capitalism
>>
>>58007768
>It's no one's problem but you own if you can't afford them, that just means you can't afford a car in the first place. Everything else you said is just some bullshit about how much the cops know and how what's legal = best practice

Here's the thing, this shit is going to happen. Like there's no avoiding it. Even if every driver is good and gets prepared for winter, all it takes is one bad driver to ruin it all. That's why you shut down the road if it's that bad. Or you delay repair until better weather.

>Maybe if you have the wrong tires, but with the right tires it isn't a problem.

I dunno, I have 4WD and snow tires and I've slid backwards for not going fast enough before. My car is also pretty light.

>Indiana doesn't have safety inspection (not sure if all counties even require emissions testing) and state safety inspections are laughable and meaningless.

In Virginia, the DMV gets really ass pissed if your tires aren't up-to-par. The tires are the strictest things here.
>>
>>58007613
>If you don't go fast enough, you slide back down the hill and hit the other cars. They had to maintain at least 20MPH just to get over that hill probably.

Here is a link to that "hill"
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7494774,-86.3075504,3a,75y,275.35h,73.15t/data=!3m9!1e1!3m7!1sz_RJvcMJPR-s2ZISg4J6nw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i27

You will see the houses on the left hand side further up to street to exactly where these accidents are occurring.
People are driving too fast for the conditions.
>>
File: self.jpg (15KB, 220x323px) Image search: [Google]
self.jpg
15KB, 220x323px
>autonomous driving would have prevented this
>>
>>58004400
>slow as school buses do fine
>everyone is speeding, and comcast Is not at fault.
>>
>>58004400
I hate people like OP who think they are a hero for recording people and then posting it on social media for the masses to pass judgement. If there is an incident worth recording have some decency. Letting social media decide who is guilty of some crime is the worst thing to happen to society so far.
>>
in a those conditions, you're supposed to space those cones out way more. that guy could already tell this was going to be a shit show and just wanted to finish the job.

on one side, i agree with the dude for doing his job but on the other holy shit he had the opportunities to prevent a lot of that.
>>
>>58007850
School buses are also much heavier and probably have tires suited for the conditions because they're maintained by the local school district who doesn't want to be sued. Buses are probably the safest vehicles for dinky little crashes likes this though, the cars would likely be the ones that would be fucked up if anything.
>>
>>58007875
i just don't know what kind of human being the comcast guy is. i can't imagine not being concerned with the situation and instead giving a shit attitude.
>>
>>58007768
I live in New England and unless you own two vehicles then winter tires are completely impractical as most manufacturers state that you shouldn't drive with them if the temperature rises to around 40+ degrees F (7 C) as their traction goes to shit. Any given day the temperature could fluctuate 30 F, especially in months like December, Feb, March, April. Maybe you could get away with leaving them on through the entirety of January but that's it.

So basically you're entire statement only applies to people that have access to two vehicles or know how to change their own tires at home and don't mind doing it every other day based on what the weather MIGHT be. Basically, it's completely impractical and common sense should prevail when it comes to people doing roadwork to give extra caution to drivers up the road.
>>
File: front_box.jpg (82KB, 640x466px) Image search: [Google]
front_box.jpg
82KB, 640x466px
>>58007885
fuck yeah buses motherfucker!
>>
>>58007843
" I will attest that the slight hill you see in the video blocks the entire view of the road in front of it, more than one occasion on which something happening on that road has caused me to have to slow down more than usual."
>>
>>58007891
It's his ego. He got pissed that someone was telling him how to do his job and refused to reassess what the fuck was happening. He's a dumb fucking hick that knows nothing more than to follow the few rules he actually knows. You can already tell this guy is a fucking loser when he says:

>Do you have a job?

Yeah dude, you're the only one in the world with a fucking job.
>>
>>58007940
I don't see how that's a job to brag about having
>>
>>58007940
You get the same attitude when you call these fuckers.
>>
>>58007831
>Here's the thing, this shit is going to happen. Like there's no avoiding it. Even if every driver is good and gets prepared for winter, all it takes is one bad driver to ruin it all. That's why you shut down the road if it's that bad. Or you delay repair until better weather.
What ridiculous reasoning. Everyone should act like a retard because some people will always act like retards?
>I dunno, I have 4WD and snow tires and I've slid backwards for not going fast enough before. My car is also pretty light.
You might not be able to start from a dead stop but I highly doubt that you were unable to traverse a hill with any forward momentum whatsoever. A light car with skinny enough tires would be helpful in snow, not a hindrance. I've managed to do hill starts on 15% grades with no drama with psuedo winter tires (Goodyear Duratracs with the mountain snowflake) on a 4400lb SUV.
>>58007898
No, you're wrong. There is nothing stopping you from using snow tires in dry conditions over 40 degrees F. You should obviously change them if the temperatures will be consistently over 40F, but for the odd day above 50F in New England in the winter, which is rare, there is no harm in using your winter tires. They don't lose traction in hot weather, they just wear quickly. There's no excuse for not using winter tires.
>>
>>58007940
Yeah I liked that line too.

>Do you have a job?

As if your bigshot Comcast lineman scrub job somehow precludes you from being a fucking human being and that anyone that shows some concern for peoples' safety in the carnage you are about to cause must be unemployed.
>>
>>58007982
plus all he had to do was call his supervisor and be like "yo what should i do this is next level shit"
>>
>>58007977
Winter tires are unequivocally worse than regular all season tires in all but one very specific set of conditions that makes them impractical for every day use. Those are admittedly difficult driving conditions but unless the road was just covered in fresh ice and snow then they will be worse as soon as it is plowed, sanded, and dried than regular all-season tires, even at temperatures around freezing. Even regular, damp but not quite freezing roads will be worse for the winter tires. So pick your poison if you own one car.
>>
>>58008044
is this the dumbass reasoning people use not to get winter tires ?
>>
>>58007222
>>58007222
>"If I hurry I can be off the road in less than 30 minutes"
I think this necessarily included "and i can shave off a couple seconds and piss off this dickhead if i throw out 4 cones real close together" which in his arrogance was pretty much "people crash in snow fuck it if i cause it "indirectly"' meh """""
>>
>>58008044
Why speak as an expert when you clearly aren't? All seasons, especially cheap ones, are a huge compromise. They cannot remain pliable enough for decent grip below about 40F.
>Even regular, damp but not quite freezing roads will be worse for the winter tires.
Wet traction is a huge point of development for winter tires because winter tends to have a lot of water. There are plenty of winter tires that will destroy all season tires in wet grip performance, even in warm weather which you, for some reason, think is kryptonite to winter tires.
>>58008073
Yes.
>>
>>58007103
>They're not all at fault. Many of them were driving carefully and slowly. There wasn't enough warning and given that the site of operation was right after the top of a hill, they should have closed the entire road off or delayed work until conditions bettered.
construction =/= cable
phones being up in the snow is federally regulated safety because "muh old people freeze" aka scare tactics lobbying made it a human necessity like water and electricty(also a scare meme re: heat).
>>
>>58007391
The thing you have to realize are that american safety standards are different from non-american safety standards.

American are such brainwashed cattle that they need to be told everything, have signs for everything, have safety rails for everything, etc. If you've ever lived in america for a while and then go and live in europe for a while you won't believe just how different it is.

t. spent half my life in the US and half in germany
>>
File: automatic-tire-chains_1_1.jpg (83KB, 636x476px) Image search: [Google]
automatic-tire-chains_1_1.jpg
83KB, 636x476px
Rather than respond to everyone that has mentioned the school bus, I'm just gonna do it here.

School buses have on-demand tire chains.
>>
File: 1479684798818.jpg (22KB, 638x638px) Image search: [Google]
1479684798818.jpg
22KB, 638x638px
>>58008073
Let's see: Spend $800 to have good traction during some conditions or spend $0 to have good traction during some conditions. Wonder which option most people will choose.

>>58008090
>especially cheap ones
How about don't buy cheap tires.

>There are plenty of winter tires that will destroy all season tires in wet grip performance
And there are some that still don't. We can go back and forth on this all night.
>>
>>58007620
>They all passed state inspection. There isn't a inspection sticker for driving in bad weather.
State inspection in the U.S. is basically just demonstrating the ability to accelerate, brake, and honk your horns.

Meanwhile in Germany, the TÜV practically disassembles your car.
>>
>>58008167
I can't fix your stupidity. I'm sure anyone else would understand by now.
>>
>>58007885
>School buses are also much heavier and probably have tires suited for the conditions because they're maintained by the local school district who doesn't want to be sued.
Right, because that's the only thing that matters in burgerland. Who cares about other humans, the only thing that matters is not getting sued, right?
>>
>>58008177
In the state of Maryland, we usually get a few decent snow/ice storms every year. The only time your car gets inspected here is when you register it for the first time. After that, you can literally do whatever the hell you want to it as long as it can still pass emissions every two years and isn't an obvious hazard visually.
>>
>>58007103
>Many of them were driving carefully and slowly
No, they are complacent. They knew the road was straight and were going way too fast for the conditions.

Look how the truck just slide off the road with their wheels pointed where ever.
Look how fast that beater truck (that hit the VW) was going

>>58008167
>Let's see: Spend $800 to have good traction during some conditions or spend $0 to have good traction during some conditions. Wonder which option most people will choose.
Except those "some conditions" are the most slippery and dangerous.
I can understand if this was Seattle and they got caught off guard with snow, but wtf this is Indianapolis
You are forgetting that having that extra set of tires means replacing them less often , the end price to the consumer ends up being the same
>>
>>58008199
>they knew the road was straight

People who live on that road have stated that:
" I will attest that the slight hill you see in the video blocks the entire view of the road in front of it, more than one occasion on which something happening on that road has caused me to have to slow down more than usual."
>>
>>58007885

School buses don't run winter tires, neither do city buses or Semi trucks. They run the same rock hard tires year round. They weight a lot and have a lot of contact patch so they can plow through nasty shit with ease. This is what a early summer day looks like in Canada, you people wouldn't make it very long up here. If you need to go 10mph then you should just take the bus.
>>
comcast is the nigger of cable companies
>>
File: o6QFLfe.png (510KB, 739x423px) Image search: [Google]
o6QFLfe.png
510KB, 739x423px
>>58008213
over 100M from the crest of the 'hill' to where the comcast truck and they still can't stop in time.

Simply put they were driving too fast for the road conditions.
>>
File: ricky_car.png (460KB, 648x498px) Image search: [Google]
ricky_car.png
460KB, 648x498px
>>58008197
>>
>>58008260
Semi trucks have DOT requirements for chains in ice and snow conditions. Their weight means they don't need such a low durometer rubber compound in dry conditions, but they still need assistance when the road isn't dry.
>>
>>58005090

this is what happens when you live in a heterogeneous society. nobody gives a fuck about anybody else.
>>
Frankly I think its ridiculous that he blocked the whole lane in the first place. he could have pulled off to the side, like he caused a handful of other cars to do

>"why would I need more cones?"
>>
>>58008318
And then his truck is immobile in a ditch. The drivers need to take responsibility.
>>
>>58008318
The side of the appears to be a ditch. The guy in the bucket truck doesn't want to get stuck. He also needs a stable surface for the bucket truck otherwise it could sink into the ground and tip while he's in the air.

He's still a giant douche and didn't properly close off the lane though
>>
File: crushed.gif (4MB, 400x220px) Image search: [Google]
crushed.gif
4MB, 400x220px
>>58004400
Because a cone is going to stop a car from hitting his truck...
>>
>>58008447
>He's still a giant douche and didn't properly close off the lane though

Lets replace the comcast truck with an accident on the road or some shit.

Who would be at fault then ?
Sure the comcast dude could have done things a bit differently, but many people were not driving for the weather conditions.
>>
>>58008479
But it isn't an emergency. It isn't like some nigga is bleeding out in his car on the side of the road. They have time to close the road for safety.
>>
>>58007525
If you make no allowance for bad drivers, you put everyone at risk, even good drivers. Don't be an idiot. You can certainly make the case that if people drove intelligently, this could be avoided. You can also say that if the cable truck wasn't blocking the road, it wouldn't happen either, so the technicians bear some responsibility no matter how retarded the drivers are.

How you can look at three cars in a ditch and think "nah, it ain't on me to do anything about that" is unbelievable. Next time you get injured, I hope your hospital visit consists of "shouldn't have done that, retard" followed by a doctor placing traffic cones around you.
>>
>no awd
>no snow tires
Cmon now
>>
>>58008505
The cable truck is barely a factor in this situation. The cable truck could be literally anything, it could be just another car that's moving slowly because the driver isn't an idiot. You should allow for bad drivers by in a safe and non-complacent manner. Bad drivers shouldn't be tolerated like they are, they need punishment.
>>
>>58008524
>no awd
nigga, AWD only helps you get going , it doesnt help with stopping.
thats why you see so many trucks/SUVs in the ditch every winter

>i don't need winter tires, ive got AWD !
>>
>>58007525
>>58008505
You can argue who's to “blame” all day if you want, it's a fruitless debate. At the end of the day, everybody involved could have done something better.

The problem is endemic to the american society. Whoever you proclaim as “innocent” is going to be just as retarded. At best, if somebody is truly innocent then it's due to being lucky their idiocy has not caused any harm (yet).
>>
>>58006949
>Meets all the 'safety regulations'
>Several accidents occur around him, including possible injury

Frankly, it would have been a blessing if someone had hit him while he was up in the bucket, fucking prick.

There's rules and regulations, and then there's common-fucking-sense.
>>
>>58007087
Pretty much this, all they needed was an indicator over the obstruction of the hill. Either party could've done that but they were too retarded.
>>
>>58008545
>You can argue who's to “blame” all day if you want, it's a fruitless debate.
No, it isn't. It's not even a debate. There is a very clear issue that needs addressing but people don't want to feel responsible for anything.
>>
File: whintur.jpg (249KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
whintur.jpg
249KB, 680x453px
>>58008300

You would never ever chain up for conditions like that here... That's literally normal winter conditions here. Pic related is what a highway usually looks like in winter. People are fine doing 50mph+ without chains.
>>
>>58008539
I dont think you can just replace the truck with something else and pretend the blame goes around the same way.
The cable truck was deliberately parked there, and the worker obviously intended for traffic to use the oncoming lane to pass. I also see no indicators to oncoming traffic that cars will be passing in their lane. A slow driver wouldn't be blocking a whole lane forcing cars into oncoming traffic.
>>
>>58008561
>There's rules and regulations, and then there's common-fucking-sense.
You mean like driving slower in slippery conditions ?
Or slowing down before a hill crest ?

These people had nearly 400 feet from the hill crest to where the truck was and still couldn't slow down enough to safely drive around the truck.
The fact is many people were driving far too fast for the conditions and for what their car was capable of doing safely.
>>
>>58008541
That's why I mentioned snow tires you silly goose
Awd will still help you retain traction on uphill roads more easily, and level roads with patches of ice, since losing traction in one wheel won't affect the remaining three.
Regardless the rwd truck driver is retarded and shouldn't be driving that thing
>>
dis nigga sounds like mr garrisson lmao
>>
>>58008539
>>58008545
I don't give a fuck about who's innocent, who's to blame, and who should be punished. If I owned one of the houses at the top of that hill, I would have gone out there with a bat and forced him to either move or place more warning because 1) accidents could cause damage to my property 2) accidents could kill my children, who are building a snowman in the front yard 3) the technicians need little effort to reduce the risk of accidents to near 0

That is from the perspective of someone who isn't even driving on the road or repairing equipment, something you assholes for some reason didn't even consider in your holier than thou wind bagging.

Now fuck off, you idiotic children
>>
>>58005989

>speeding
>not expecting a truck down the hill
>expecting it to be marked off

You're part of the problem.
>>
>>58008588
We are talking about semis.
>>58008595
You might not think you can, but you can and it does.
>and the worker obviously intended for traffic to use the oncoming lane to pass.
So what? How is this different from any other obstacle that would require you to move to the other side of the road to get past it?
>A slow driver wouldn't be blocking a whole lane forcing cars into oncoming traffic.
If you're speeding you are still going to be unable to stop.

I cannot believe I have to share the road with you people.
>>
>>58004400
It's not Xfinity's fault that some retards can't drive.
>>
>>58008613
rwd is fine to drive in snow idiot, I drive a crown vic in wisconsin
>>
>>58004400
This guy sounds so similar to Mr. Garrison from South Park I can't take him seriously. Instead of filming this and putting his "own cones" up he should have just stayed up the road and flagged people to slow down
>>
>>58008624
Suck a dick you stupid hyper aggressive faggot, you wouldn't have done shit with your pussy ass bat. Your viewpoint is meaningless, nigga. If you were that worried about your property maybe you'd go out there with a bat and threaten the drivers into driving like they should be.
>>
>>58008613
>level roads with patches of ice, since losing traction in one wheel won't affect the remaining three.
Stop talking.
>>
>>58008609
>accelerate to get over hill in poor traction
>coast other side to retain momentum

Driving isn't rocket science.
>>
>>58007825
>>58007726
fuck off commie yuropoors
>>
>>58008673
You wouldn't have poor traction if you prepared your vehicle. Driving faster when you can't stop isn't a solution, how retarded can you people be?
>>
>>58008609
DO THE FUCKING JOB A DIFFERENT DAY
It was hazardous conditions, and after the first accident, anyone with common sense would have done something to alleviate it, if not completely removed themselves.

And besides that, what if someone DID hit the truck--if he wasn't already, he'd get reamed by the company, if not fired.
>>
>>58008685
You can prepare, but nothing will not slide on black ice. Accelerating to get up a hill is just physics retard.
>>
File: hill.jpg (662KB, 2698x1652px) Image search: [Google]
hill.jpg
662KB, 2698x1652px
>>58008673
>accelerate to get over hill in poor traction
>hill

pic related, it is this alleged hill
>>
>>58008670
:^)
>>
>>58008661
Lol, just because you're a spineless dweeb, doesn't mean we all are. Obviously I wouldn't have hit the technician with a bat, since he wouldn't be able to move the truck after that, burn certainly if his truck started getting fucked up, he'd move it. Better I get a fine than someone gets hurt because traffic cones are just too heavy to move that far.
>>
>>58004400
It's not Comcast's job to direct traffic. They should have called the local police department and had them direct traffic.
>>
>>58008696
Studless winter tires have gotten very good at ice traction and even if they didn't you can use studded tires. Face it, you're wrong.

Sell your car and guns if you have any because you're the type of person to have an ND.
>>
>>58004400
>going 40mph on a slippery snowy road with poor visibility of what is coming up.

The drivers were the ones at fault.
>>
>>58008726
That would have been an excellently move, to be sure. Too bad the technicians were more concerned with their own comfort rather than doing the job right.
>>
>>58006115
Comcast guy = ignorance
Guy filming = wanting fame
Speeding drivers = ignorance and arrogance
Late arrival police = lazy or busy as fuck and/or "hey it's snowing. Lets take our time so as not to crash."
Comcast itself = greedy, ignorant, arrogant assholes.
>>
>>58008726
In the absence of traffic officers, yes, I'm pretty sure Comcast is responsible for directing traffic or warning of hazards.
>>
When I saw he title and the guy just being a safteycuck, I was like OK, he's just trying to do his job, give him a break man.

But seriously, he shouldn't be allowed to block up the road like that. If it were a municipal repair crew, their would be significantly better signage to warn upcoming drivers, as well as salted roads in the first place. That Xfinity driver is 100% liable for this

You can't just park your shit in the middle of the street
>>
>>58008740
>>58008740
Not about who's at fault, it's about mimimizimg the risk to everyone. If your neighbour's house catches fire because he lit a bonfire in his living room and it spread to your house after the fire department said "actually, we don't put out fires caused by stupidity" who are yo going to be more pissed off at?
>>
>>58008477
did he died?
>>
>>58008734
>thinks cars magically float up hills
>think you know shit about tires and dont even mention chains.
>>
>>58008806
Damn I must be getting trolled at this point.
>>
>>58008806
chains probably aren't legal in indiana anyway
>>
>>58008701
The cam height of the cam on the google cars are like 14ft tall
>>
>>58008847
Chains are legal.
>>
Fault aside, that's an impressive lack of fucks to see a pile of cars behind you and just shrug it off.
>>
>>58008689
Pretty much senpai. Bottom line is if that truck wasn't there none of this would have happened.
>>
>>58005090
consumerism and multiculturalism killed our society and culture so everyone is a grumpy selfish moron now
>>
>>58008726
>hey police
>judging from people sliding and shit, i know this is a snowstorm and you probably got shit to do
>i got to fix this low-voltage shit
>im blocking an entire lane on a two lane solid line 40 mph road
>its cool i put cones up to comply with my shitty safety training for the truck i drive
>come out here and do something
>>
>>58008837
You can only use studded tires if your state allows them during the winter. sSudless is also super expensive and not on most vehicles. Most drivers are going to be sliding regardless.
>>
>>58005090
>Serious question, and I promise I'm not baiting: Why the fuck are Americans so... brainwashed and lacking in empathy

The people you saw in the video are all independent contractors.

Comcast does this so that they can shirk responsibility for training them properly.

Why? Because shareholder value. That's all that large American corporations care about: maximizing shareholder value. We have two generations now of MBAs who have been brainwashed to think that the only thing a company should do is MAXIMIZE SHAREHOLDER VALUE. This is based entirely on one court case where poor decisions were made which BLATANTLY DIMINISHED SHAREHOLDER VALUE. Yet it is preached as gospel that one must, at all times, strive to MAXIMIZE SHAREHOLDER VALUE.

It's an enormous lie that's led to a whole new level of sociopathic behavior.

I don't blame these idiots one bit. Chances are they've not been properly trained in OSHA standards, nor state lane closure requirements.

They just got a call and if they don't complete the work order in time, then their contract gets canceled.
>>
>>58008959
>You can only use studded tires if your state allows them during the winter.
Two states don't allow studded tires during winter. Michigan, because they're stupid, and Alabama because it's Alabama.
>sSudless is also super expensive and not on most vehicles.
Is that supposed to be studless? It's not super expensive, the only difference between studded tires and studless is the studs.
>Most drivers are going to be sliding regardless.
Nope.

Why are you still trying to argue this? You're wrong, face it.
>>
>live in phoenix
>hot af 5 months a year
>never seen snow
>never have to deal with this
Driving in a snow looks kind of fun.
>>
>>58008989
It is fun when you aren't around other people on unplowed roads so salt doesn't rape your car.
>>
>>58008177
>State inspection in the U.S. is basically just demonstrating the ability to accelerate, brake, and honk your horns.

This varies *widely* by state and even municipality.

Personally, I've only lived in "accelerate, brake, and honk" states. But back East there are far more thorough inspections.
>>
I don't get it. I've never driven in the snow
>>
>>58007740
>We live in a litigious society where often times extending a helping hand just makes you liable in case you fuck up by accident.

Bullshit. We have Good Samaritan laws for precisely this reason.

The sense of responsibility that people feel to their fellow man varies *tremendously* by region. Go to Alaska, where breaking down on the side of the road can literally mean death, and you'll get people stopping to check on each other constantly. Go to some bumfuck town with an economy in the shitter and no particular shared threat and you'll find people much less likely to lend a hand to each other.

And it varies by individual. I stop and help people when I see a problem. Others won't help another for any cause. Hell, London is -- by far -- the most unfriendly, unhelpful place I've ever visited, for example.
>>
>>58005090
They didn't want to get fired.

Putting more cones out would be to admit wrong doing, so they buckled down on their stance.

It was the wrong move, the video went viral and they're going to get fired anyway.
>>
>>58009018
It's much harder to gain traction on snow/ice

Everything becomes much harder potentially. Gaining traction to get moving, keeping enough traction while turning, and especially being able to properly brake. If you've ever been on a slip n slide, it's like that, except now you're in a big metal box going 30+ mph
>>
>>58009015
No there aren't. Even New Jersey and New York just do that 'can it stop from 5mph' test.
>>
>>58009058
Virginia is really fucking tough on your tires. If your tires aren't perfect, you're fucked.
>>
>>58008657
AWD and even FWD is easier to manage though
>>
>>58008987
>Two states don't allow studded tires during winter. Michigan, because they're stupid, and Alabama because it's Alabama.

Studded tires are fucking retarded. In Oregon, come Oct 31, you hear the crunch of four-wheel-studded tires all around you. Our roads are utter shit due to the relentless chewing of studded tires. And why? For the one or two days of inclement weather we get each year.

Meanwhile, nobody ever puts on *winter* tires. It's always *studded* tires.

Fucking idiotic. We get black ice in metropolitan areas maybe once or twice per decade. Fucking put chains on, you bunch of animals. Stop destroying our roads all winter every winter just because you think it's oh-so critical that you show up to work at Best Buy.
>>
>>58009065
What I believe this actually means is the inspector looks to see if your wear bars are showing or if the tires are expired/dry rotting.
>>
>>58009074
No, it's not just dry rotting of shrinkage. Even the slight hint of balding is an instant, "Fuck you, get new tires."
>>
>>58008989
It's so much fun to go to an empty parking lot and just slide the fuck around.
>>
>>58009058

>No there aren't

No there aren't what?

>Even New Jersey and New York just do that 'can it stop from 5mph' test.

Ah, yes, the bastions of civility.

Dude, out here there (Oregon) is literally *no test* aside from the initial state inspection to get your registration. In the Portland area, you're on the hook for an emissions test.

In Arizona, it was a state inspection for registration, then emissions every couple of years. Same thing in California.

In *some* states, you actually have to show up for the occasional inspection where they make sure you have brakes, check for frame rot, etc.

I think the problem here is that you don't realize how little oversight there is in many (most?) other states.
>>
>>58009073
Studded tires are much more suitable for the kinds of places where the roads are covered with snow and ice for the entire winter, yes. That's why so much development has gone into improving the ice performance of studless tires and chains are an option. The roads aren't shit just because of studs, though. Plows and salt absolutely destroys roads.
>>
>>58008989

I lived in Phoenix. 7th Place, north of Bell Road. It actually snowed one year. My coworkers told me it happened about once every ten years.

Oh, and the monsoon season. All those news reports saying, "if there's a dust storm and you want to stop, PULL OFF THE ROAD FIRST". Idiots actually just came to a stop in their lane and got rear-ended all the fucking time.

Every few years we'd have an ungodly dust storm. Like something out of a movie. Good times.

Oh, and the local news station literally followed a rain cloud around one day. I don't blame them, since the downpour out of that one cloud collapsed the roof of a warehouse building.
>>
>>58009113

> Plows and salt absolutely destroys roads.

We don't have salt and plows don't magically form insane ruts.

Studs destroy road surfaces, period.
>>
>>58007003
>.png
>added a small red circle
>increased size ten-fold
>>
>>58009090
>Even the slight hint of balding is an instant, "Fuck you, get new tires."
Yes, and you can tell the tires are bald because the wear bars are showing. If the wear is uneven that's also a clue that the alignment may be bad.
>>58009108
>No there aren't what?
More thorough inspections.
>In *some* states, you actually have to show up for the occasional inspection where they make sure you have brakes, check for frame rot, etc.
I can't think of a single one that checks for damage to the frame in a routine inspection.
>I think the problem here is that you don't realize how little oversight there is in many (most?) other states.
I think the problem here is you don't realize we are in partial agreement. Inspections aren't strict, but they aren't anywhere in America.
>>
>>58005090
memes have eroded our moral compass
>>
>>58009144
Studs don't help, but I can't understand how you think that the blade of a plow doesn't cause damage to the road surface.
>>
File: 1443560650790.jpg (36KB, 451x387px) Image search: [Google]
1443560650790.jpg
36KB, 451x387px
>>58009091
>tfw you accidentally slide over the bum who passed out and got blanketed in snow the night before
>>
>>58009113
Canadafag here. Winter itself destroys roads when water seeps into any crevices in the ashphalt, then freezes. The expansion of water as it freezes forces the cracks open. If you live in an are where there are repeated thaws and freezes, as I do, you will notice the roads get absolutely destroyed every winter.
>>
>>58009149
>I can't think of a single one that checks for damage to the frame in a routine inspection.
>I can't think of a single one

K.
>>
>>58009149
penn
>>
>>58009149
No, I mean they'll claim your tires are balding even before the wear bars show. I don't know how they come to that conclusion, but I've had to replace those fuckers at least twice.

I mean, it's whatever. At least I don't live in Germany where even having a generic brand screw can disqualify your vehicle.
>>
>>58009162
I'm laughing just imagining this.
>>
>>58009159
>I can't understand how you think that the blade of a plow doesn't cause damage to the road surface.

Let's re-examine what I wrote, shall we?

> > We don't have salt and plows don't magically form insane ruts.

We have ridiculous ruts here, given the intense scrutiny that heavy trucks get. Not only that, but the ruts have a seriously rough surface. Why? BECAUSE OF STUDDED TIRES.

Snowploughs, which only work a couple days per year in most of Oregon, DO NOT CAUSE RUTS WHERE THE TIRES GO. That is caused by either very excessive loads per axle (again, heavily enforced here) or by surface abrasion. In other words, it's caused by studded tires.
>>
>>58009177
Well I'm surprised, it's there in the lawbooks. Now why have I seen so many PA cars that were utterly destroyed?
>>58009178
>No, I mean they'll claim your tires are balding even before the wear bars show.
Well then fuck them.
>>
>>58004400
INDIANA
N
D
I
A
N
A
>>
>>58008805
It was extremely painful.
>>
>>58009280

>all these people suggesting a lower speed limit
>these bitches will never have to drive through miles and miles of country roads and corn fields

Also fuck you Comcast I'm glad there are still other fibre options in this shithole.
>>
>>58009131
>Idiots actually just came to a stop in their lane and got rear-ended all the fucking time.
hahaha fucking seriously. The most dangerous thing in a dust storm is the retards who stop in the middle of the fucking road.
>>
>>58009766
Arizona is the new Florida.
>>
File: aliendance.gif (770KB, 127x189px) Image search: [Google]
aliendance.gif
770KB, 127x189px
>amerifats
>competent drivers
>>
I couldn't even get halfway down the thread from reading all the retarded comments.

I just wanna say please kill yourselves. I hope I never come into contact with any of you. If I do I know to have absolutely no faith in you doing something the right way.

Remember fucking kill yourselves number one thing to do very important.
>>
>>58005090
It's all the fluoride they put in our water.
>>
File: breddy gud.jpg (73KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
breddy gud.jpg
73KB, 1920x1080px
>>58008166
Huh.
I always wondered what those chains hanging under the middle of the bus did...
>>
File: uw0tm9.jpg (29KB, 608x352px) Image search: [Google]
uw0tm9.jpg
29KB, 608x352px
>>58004400

>that guy fixing the car lying in the snow
>picturing what would happen if another car rammed the car he's fixing from behind

no
>>
ITT:
I'm too retarded to drive appropriately given the conditions. These evil corporations are to blame!
>>
>>58005090
>not understanding how the monkey sphere works

Are you literally 12 or something?
>>
>>58006808
>needing some government goons to solve your problems for you instead of just doing things yourself

And this is why yurope has been left to the ash heap of history.
>>
>>58005090
>Why the fuck are Americans so... brainwashed and lacking in empathy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugged_individualism
>>
Everyone involved was a retard.
>>
>those pieces of shit pickup trucks doing 40 on slippery roads and over a small hill

Fucking retards. Comcast is a cunt too though.
>>
>4 cones
>300 yards from the crest of a hell
>40mp/h road
>Ice
>Americans

Everyone involved was fucking retarded.
Even in ideal conditions, if you're doing work on an open road, then sure, those 4 cones are probably sufficient to protect the workman without impeding traffic too heavily. If at all. But that close to the crest of a hill? Nah, if anything a warning sign at the crest.

Now onto the drivers themselves.
It's fucking slush and ice on the roads. Even 4wd ain't going to help too much if you need to stop quickly. So while the speed limit may be 40, and locals who know the road are likely to be doing 50 down there, ideally no one should be doing anything more than 30 in those conditions.
>>
>>58009145
Not that guy but...
Get a real internet connection
>>
>DURRR ONE CONE FOR EVERY 13MPH CLAPCLAP

You can't tell me a company the size of Comcast wouldn't advise more cones for bad weather conditions. Might as well triple that for snow & ice.

On top of that all those drivers were fucking retards too.
>>
So much retardation in that video. What the fuck happened to some common sense?

How many billions of Americlap currency will Comcast have to pay to the victims of this atrocity?

Also, winter tires.
>>
File: gKMG7B7.jpg (162KB, 460x631px) Image search: [Google]
gKMG7B7.jpg
162KB, 460x631px
>>58005232
>heterogeneous
>snow and ice literally causing accidents
>suppose to show up quickly to a truck causing accidents cause jackasses don't know how to drive without speeding, instead of investigating the doulble rape triple homicide case.
It's called prioritizing
>>
>>58007200
>Indianapolis

THIS CITY
>>
File: 1481216805715.jpg (66KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481216805715.jpg
66KB, 848x480px
>>58008866
At best, its like a 4ft tall "hill" over the course of 50 feet or so. That's pretty fucking minuscule

I'm just eyeballing but seriously, if you think that's a hill, you live in Nebraska.
>>
>>58008866
No, I found an article that says the cameras are 8.2 feet off the ground.
>>
>>58011479
Even a slight downhill makes braking a lot harder on slush and ice m8
>>
File: IMG_20161215_074910.jpg (1MB, 3200x2400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161215_074910.jpg
1MB, 3200x2400px
>>58005968
>mfw i'm from ohio and this is a fucking lie
>>
File: 1478310441203.jpg (99KB, 459x690px) Image search: [Google]
1478310441203.jpg
99KB, 459x690px
>/g/ sides with the angry drivers
>/o/ sides with the comcast guy
>>
>>58004400
This is not the techies' fault, americans are just shitty irresponsible drivers who still think the road is like the wild west
>>
>>58011876
also it looks like absolutely none of those cars have winter tires
>>
>>58010878
What a retarded thing to say. If you are that fucking stupid you shouldn't be on this board, please leave.
>>
>>58004400
>driving that fast in those conditions
>blaming comcast

fucking amerisharts
>>
>>58008677

Who wouldn't want to be norway though?
t. norwegian
>>
This is clearly not comcast's fault. What if the whatever organ that maintains roads in america had work to do on that road? It's the same thing.

The video showed many cars that managed to pass by safely because they didn't drive recklessly. Driving is all about assessing the situation and adapting to drive in a manner you can defend in court if it comes down to it. That black truck is clearly a fucking moron
>>
>>58012052
pretty much
if you go over/around a blind bump/turn, you're expected to be going slow enough that you can stop if something is immediately on the other side
having a warning at the bump is fine, but lacking one wasn't the problem

from what i've read, maybe the problem is that americans get too many warnings, that is, they assume everything is fine unless there's a warning for them, now that is dangerous
>>
>>58011942
Go away datacap cuck
>>
>>58004400
>Americans flyong off the road inal directions because of shitty all-season tires instead of peoper winter tires
>somehow this is the lineman's fault

I know Comcast is literally Satan, but come on now
Thread posts: 251
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.