[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Edward Snowden says “the central problem of the future” is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 1481602372262.png (423KB, 808x882px) Image search: [Google]
1481602372262.png
423KB, 808x882px
In a interview with Botnet and Liberal Cuck CEO Jack Dorsey over the botnet platform, periscope. Snowden discussed the data that many online companies continue to collect about their users, creating a “quantified world” — and more opportunities for government surveillance.

View it through your third party media player
https://www.periscope.tv/PardonSnowden/1vOxwgnXeYLxB

https://techcrunch.com/2016/12/13/edward-snowden-says-the-central-problem-of-the-future-is-control-of-user-data/
>>
File: 1744dba58d07b4ac64b5ac4c8fc4d6cd.png (330KB, 1125x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1744dba58d07b4ac64b5ac4c8fc4d6cd.png
330KB, 1125x2000px
>>57999403
Will the government discover that I like the water loli?
>>
>>57999403
Why would you care about the fact a bunch of pigs collect data about how normies waste their life?
>>
File: 1451758076556.jpg (355KB, 1673x431px) Image search: [Google]
1451758076556.jpg
355KB, 1673x431px
>>58000015
>>
>>58000015
What's legal or okay to do today might be illegal or taboo tomorrow. Why would you want potential blackmail or something that can be used against you later?
>>
There are a shit ton of problems in the future, that's a relatively minor one in my opinion. Worse will be global warming and the refugee crisis it will cause, or the advent of automation and the transition away from a job-based economy.
>>
>>58000392
>What's legal or okay to do today might be illegal or taboo tomorrow.
Just admit it dude you're into some weird shit.
>>
File: 83b.jpg (415KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
83b.jpg
415KB, 850x1200px
>>57999552
They're going to wait until they built their own collection. Then they'll take action
>>
>>58000015
Knowledge is power.
These agencies are amassing immense amounts of power over key individuals, companies, government branches, etc.
And unless you're a trillionaire with a leash on these organizations, you're going to suffer in some way every time they make use of that power.
>>
>>58000392
Because Congress is prohibited from passing ex post facto laws, for starters.
Secondly, no matter how shitty things get, they aren't going to start creating asanine laws against private life activities. Things like that have been attempted and failed. If the web is still free now, it will be forever.

This argument is used only by pirates and pedos. You're weird and/or breaking the law, fucking man up you pussy.
>>
This is called Capitalism. Don't like directed ads on your Facebook? Pack up to Russia you fucking communist.
>>
>>58002402
Except these agencies are retarded and have not a clue about what to do with the data apart from advertising.
>>
>giving a shit about what Snowden says

He is literally just a whistle blower. That does not make him intelligent, nor does it make his opinions matter. When will this epic maymay end?
>>
>>58002928
for now
>>
>>58001206
>>58002622
When will normalfags like you that love a big fed agent cock in your ass just fuck off back to reddi.it already?
>>
>>58002935
Media aims to target the person to either discredit or distract. Just look at what Snowden said in citizen four about how stories will be focused on him more than the leaks.

Seems like Snowden just got sucked into the fame and glory so it's a fault on both sides.
>>
>>57999403
snowden is just a person that broke a confidenciality contract, how he knows what is going to be a bigger problem than already is?
>>
>>58002622
Not true, also legal != moral. Just because something is a law doesn't mean it's moral.

Breaking laws is necessary for nations to move forward.

Not every single law all the time, but some laws occasionally.

Also it's a problem because constant surveillance essentially removes all of your rights, ie: if they're watching you all the time, who needs warrants anymore?
>>
>>58002935
But he is, and nobody's opinion really "matters".

>>58003875
He doesn't seem very glory/fame seeking to me in his interviews desu. Seems like other people ask him for interviews, and he gives them, probably because he realizes that he now *is* kind of a big name with a relatively large sphere of influence, meaning when something bad is happening, if he gives an opinion people just might listen.
>>
>>58000347
saved
>>
Why is some traitor ponyfucker's common sense commentary newsworthy?

I wish he would "dissapear" already.
>>
File: everything looks the same.jpg (41KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
everything looks the same.jpg
41KB, 722x349px
We're moving towards an economy which uses personal information as currency. Look at all the things that are free now, that you would have had to pay for in the past ("Get a free textbook! Just give us your name, email address, and telephone number!"). Also, companies like Google and Facebook are some of the biggest companies on Earth, without producing anything of actual value, because they know how to hoard data. If they're that eager to get my data, then my data must have value. And if it's my data, then I should be able to set a price for it for anyone who wishes to have it. Surrendering my data to Facebook, or my TV company letting me win an iPad in exchange for just doing a quick survey, would mean that other people can undercut me, and sell my data- my own personal information, my literal fucking IDENTITY- to people I am not willing to sell to, and then not even give me the money. People are already acting butthurt about these data-mining scams (if a supermarket asked for your phone number 15 years ago, you wouldn't have hesitated to give it to them, but I bet you don't feel that way now), so I personally predict there will be a huge collapse in the economy when every starts acting as paranoid as they should be acting.

That, or there will be a beautiful utopian future in which everything is free, and you don't need to spend money to get cinema tickets; just tell them your email address. But even then, you can't just give them your email address every week; eventually they won't want it any more. And then, we will all be poor and destitute in a society which has abandoned the concept of money, and I don't like the sound of that either.
>>
I dont care that Amazon knows what type of lube I like whats the problem
>>
>>58006371
Your lube preference (combined with all your other digital activity of course) triggers the precognitive dissident alert and so you're preemptively gulag-ed for being subversive to government interests.
>>
>>58006302
I could imagine companies hiring people to just spy on others. Those who refuse to conform to the botnet and hide themselves behind digital walls will be tracked and followed personally to gather data to sell.
>>
It's not "your" data if you choose to give it away you fucking retard.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.