[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been a firefox user since 2006 and I've had enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: chromium.jpg (22KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
chromium.jpg
22KB, 450x450px
I've been a firefox user since 2006 and I've had enough with the recent updates breaking everything.
Of all the browsers I've checked the only ones that convinced me were Chromium and Palemoon.
Which one should I choose? Do you recommed any other browser?
>>
Test both dumbcunt
>>
What I said here: >>57997229
>>
Vivaldi.
>>
>>57999167
>recent updates breaking everything
why the fuck would you use anything other than the ESR version?
>>
>>57999167
I've been a Firefox user since Mozilla browser became Phoenix, which then became Firebird which then bacame Firefox. I've never had "updates breaking everything", so I recommend Firefox.
>>
>>57999167
Chromium because it's much faster. The only thing firefox measurably beats it at is maybe a couple hundred MB of RAM usage when there are many tabs open. Chromium is much faster at everything else. You can get un-googled builds if you're worried about privacy.
>>
>>57999227
Is privacy a huge issue in Chromium? why would I need to use and trust a fork?
>>
>>57999248
It definitely sends your search data and URLs you visit to Google. Also if you log in to your Google account on it they save all your history forever.
>>
>>57999275
>It definitely sends your search data and URLs you visit to Google
Do you have any proof to back that up?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-14_12-39-56.png (51KB, 625x358px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-14_12-39-56.png
51KB, 625x358px
>>57999315
Yeah it's right in the settings and Google's privacy policy. You can disable a good bit of it if you want. I don't think incognito mode uses Google instant which would mean all URLs aren't sent to them. I just use Tor if I want to search something securely.

Even if you disable all of it I'm sure through the update system and other parts of it keep a unique identifier for your browser and IP address and send small amounts of data back to Google.
>>
>>57999352
>unique identifier for your browser and IP address
You make it sound as if that was serious information or something
Doesn't literally every page you visit on the internet do the same thing?
>>
>>57999384
>You make it sound as if that was serious information or something
It is if you want to disable it but don't have the option. Botnet should be voluntary.
>>
>>57999275
>implying firefox doesnt do the exact same thing
why do you think google has been the #1 contributor to firefox pretty much since the start
>>
Chromium is pretty comfy.
>>
If updates break everything, then don't update.
>>
>>57999495
What about security.
>>
>>57999513
What about it?
>>
>>57999443
It's an issue either way.
>>
I've been using Chromium on my Xubuntu laptop for a few weeks now. It starts in 2-3 seconds compared to Firefox's 8-12 seconds. Also uses a little over half the CPU load for the same tasks.
>>
>>57999513
Don't click on ads that need you to punch saddam hussein or george bush
>>
>>57999513
Don't even feed @57999524 (You)'s. He's feigning ignorance so he can make an argument about how he for some reason thinks it's a good idea to update his browser, and if a known vulnerability gets exploited, that's just because you visited the wrong website. "Can't actually expect your browser to be secure, if you do you're just retarded. I love broken old shit"
>>
You could try qutebrowser http://qutebrowser.org/ It is in the default repos of Void Linux and is uses a hosts file based adblocker. It is also very fast. :^)
>>
Otter browser
>>
>>57999219
ESR? Eric Scott Raymond?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_S._Raymond
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.