[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I'm getting a new monitor and I'm thirsty for V-Sync,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: g2460g vs xb241h.jpg (37KB, 674x349px) Image search: [Google]
g2460g vs xb241h.jpg
37KB, 674x349px
So, I'm getting a new monitor and I'm thirsty for V-Sync, but I have a strict budget of $400. This means that I really only have two attractive options: the AOC g2460pg and the Acer XB241H. The AOC has mostly good reviews and feedback, and apparently has decent color/blacks for a TN screen, but I'm finding it almost impossible to find reviews of the XB241H. Tons of feedback on the other Acer G-Sync models, but not this cheaper one. Should I just assume that's a bad thing and go with the AOC?
>>
Fuck, not V-sync, G-Sync. I meant G-Sync
>>
They're the same price (~$400) and have a similar feature list (1080p, 144hz, G-Sync, 24" screen, etc), so I'm really not sure how to make the call when there's so little info to find on the Acer.
>>
They're both TN panels so neither are going to have great blacks, but you should try and figure out which has the best blacks and decide based on that
>>
>>57997719
that's the thing: the g2460pg apparently has pretty good colors/blacks for a TN panel, but I have no way of finding out if the XB241H is better or worse due to the dearth of reviews
>>
Alright, I guess i'm going with the g2460g then. Acer monitor looks way shittier anyway with the edgy red/black "gayming display" look, so I was going to go with the AOC unless the acer had way superior image quality or something
>>
>>57997580
Tom's hardware only measured the AOC

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/aoc-g2460pg-g-sync-monitor,4005-4.html

I guess you could compare it to the closest relative of the XB241H on tom's hardware, but I have no idea how accurate that would be.

And although the AOC has good blacks, that's because its dim. The contrast ratio is actually pretty bad. If you plan on using ULMB instead of g-sync for older games expect it to suck.
>>
>>57998187
no interest in ULMB, just gsync, so I think I'll go with the AOC
>>
>>57998187
thats not the only thing thats dim

who the fuck wants to be eyeblasted with 450 nits of brightness lmao cuck kek pleb
>>
>>57999075
This. I have the AOC and like it, I haven't noticed it seeming dim at all. I don't use ULMB tho
>>
>>57997917
>Acer monitor looks way shittier anyway with the edgy red/black "gayming display" look
What else would you use TN for?
>>
You can get a 1440p 144hz asus g sync monitor for $500 refurbished (im assuming a day old)
My PG278Q is basically the 1440p version of that, 10-bit color, TN, Gsync works great, ULMB works great (although dim, but that's what ULMB does)
>>
>>57998654
ULMB kicks ass dude, I use it whenever I can get 120fps, I like it more than gsync (when my fps actually matches my hz)
>>
>>58001929
You don't get screen tearing with ULMB and no vsync/gsync?
>>
>>58002747
I do use vsync with it, cap it at whatever ULMB Hz setting fits (there's 60, 85 and 120hz ULMB, I just use 120)
For everything I can't get a consistent fps on I do use gsync
>>
>goy-sync
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.