[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I'm pondering if you /g/entlemen could help me out,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 20161214_135444.jpg (1MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
20161214_135444.jpg
1MB, 2656x1494px
So, I'm pondering if you /g/entlemen could help me out, I'm wondering on what fans shall I replace the default ones with for the corsair cooler and maybe even the default fans of the Fractal Design Define S Midi ?

Here are the specs

CPU - Intel Core I5-6600K
Motherboard - MSI Z170A TOMAHAWK Intel Z170 S 1151
GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G OC
PSU - Cougar GX V3 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular
RAM - Team Group Elite 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-19200C16 2400MHz Dual Channel
CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H80i v2
HDD - WD Blue 2TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache
SSD - Kingston 240GB SSDNow UV400
Case - Fractal Design Define S Midi (No Window)

I was wondering on Noctua, but through better research there seems to be mixed opinions of it.

So, I'm here, a humble man, asking for an advice.

Thank you for your time
>>
>>57996927
you don't really need to replace the fans, but if you really want to go with Noctua. Expensive, but worth it.
>>
>>57997109
Which series would you recommend then ? As I've been told that there has to be specific pressure type on certain fans to improve the performance for the water radiators otherwise it doesn't get utilized fully.

Also, thank you for the reply
>>
I wouldn't replace cooler fans generally. Fitting new one's can be difficult. Instead buy a powerful cooler that is quiet from the start.

Case fans can be worth replacing if you're going for a quieter build but much of it depends on the case's noise isolation properties.

Good brands are Noctua, BeQuiet! Silent Wings, Thermalright (or maybe those new magnetic Corsair ones).
>>
>>57997170
Thank you for your input
I think I might consider the silent wing series, I saw a few positive things about them

As for the Cooler fans, they aren't too hard to replace, but some people reported better noise/performance from doing so.

I was a bit silly for going straight for the water cooler, but I don't really regret it.
>>
>>57997206
>I think I might consider the silent wing series
That's what I have for case fans. They quiet for sure. Not so much concerned about performance though as I have a fuck-huge CPU cooler and my case has mesh everywhere.

For cooler fans you're looking for static pressure really. So make sure the frame around the fans blades sits nicely on the cooler and doesn't let air out to the sides.
>>
>>57997339
What would you say about the new Corsair Magnetic Levitation ones ? as they're meant to be suited for both case fans and water block fans
>>
File: 22.jpg (164KB, 1200x795px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
164KB, 1200x795px
Oh, also remember the Silent Wings have had mounting mechanism redesigns over the span of their existence. pic related
>>
>>57997367
dude, i have no idea. i don't buy new fans just to test them out. the idea just sounded neat on paper and i'm sure someone has done something similar before. and if not, i would generally steer clear of new tech and opt for the tried and true stuff. surely there's a credible review out there with measurements.

i think i heard they're pretty quite, but how much air do they move? do they stay quiet at all rpms and over the course of several years? i have no idea.
>>
>>57997435
I know, it was silly question to ask, I'm looking at some right now, and seems to move quite a bit of air..
But anyways, thank you for the help! Very appreciated
>>
>>57996927
im building a similar system

cpu- i5-6600k
mobo- Gigabyte Z170x UD5 (i think it was at a similar price to the tomahawk a few days ago)
gpu- gtx 1060 6gb
psu- corsair rm750x gold
ram- 2 x 4gb corsair vengeance lpx 3000MHz (get more latter)
HDD- 1tb WD Blue
SSD- PNY 120gb
Case- Define R5
Cool- Noctua NH‑D15

>.> got stuff with sales and leftover giftcards.... aiming for reliability... budgeting where it wont hurt as much.

im new, but when it came to Coolers i wanted something that wouldnt break and potentially destroy my other hardware. Was a toss up between $120 big radiator or $85 for a Big heatsink that provides similar performance to a small/longer radiators but without the risk of a leak or a pump motor breaking.
>>
>paying top bux for fans
Nah. I have a Noctua NF-F12 I bought originally for my heatsink and I don't even use it because it's ugly as fuck.

I bought some Arctic F12s and called it a day.
They have the best airflow/rpm ratio in the market, they're cheap as fuck and don't sound like Deltas.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.