[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /g/, I have a question for you that I can't seem to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (1MB, 1086x768px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1086x768px
Hello /g/, I have a question for you that I can't seem to find anywhere else.

My winter project is going to be taking my old R9 380 and trying to rig it up to one of the Dell E6430s' work gave me, in order for something semi-portable that I can take with me to hotels and work.

Where are some places that I can find information on this? I know it's possible; but the documentation I find is iffy at best.
>>
bumping for interest
I've been wanting to do the same thing at some point with my thinkpad x220, wondering how well it would work with an i7 (2620m) and 8 gb ram
>>
Bump for interest aswell, I think they have weird ribbon cable extenders and adapters for this sort of thing
>>
Please don't do this. The performance you'll get will make you want to commit suicide.

Laptop processors simply cannot be cooled more than 1-2 GHz when under very heavy load.

You will get MASSIVE lag, stutters, frame drops, and glitches in modern games. The pain and suffering only get worse on older pentium laptops.

Just build a small FM2+ PC with an A8 APU + 2x4GB of 1866 MHz DDR3 RAM for like $250.
>>
>>57989455
and what, just carry a monitor around with you?
>>
>>57989486
Yes. You're already doing that with your laptop.
>>
>>57989486
No shit, you're already carrying a bulky as fuck eGPU box + PSU in addition to your laptop.

You might as well just carry a mid-ATX case and a monitor + wireless mouse/keyboard. At least performance won't be dogshit.
>>
Youll only get one lane of pcie. I got an egpu for my cousins old laptop that only had pcie 1.0 and it acted pretty weird, for example 100fps in csgo until he shoots his gun and it falls to about 10...

Make sure your laptop has pcie 3 through your expresscard slot at the very least
>>
>>57989244
Is that using a Thunderbolt port?
>>
>>57990180
Judging by the age of that laptop (Note: Centrino processor), fuck no it's not.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.