[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/new s/kids-talking-toys-iot-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/kids-talking-toys-iot-internet-of-things-privacy-ftc/?client=ms-android-verizon

>A complaint filed Tuesday with the US Federal Trade Commission alleges that Genesis Toys, the makers of "smart" kids toys -- the My Friend Cayla doll and the i-Que Intelligent Robot -- and speech-recognition software maker Nuance Communications are violating rules that protect children's privacy and prohibit unfair and deceptive practices.

>The dolls ask children personal information like their name, their parents' names, favorite TV shows, favorite meals, school, neighborhood and toys. The Cayla dolls also have thinly veiled endorsements for Disney, with pre-programmed phrases telling kids she loves going to Disneyland, wants to go to Epcot in Disneyworld and that her favorite movie is "The Little Mermaid."

>One of its other services includes Nuance Identifier, a voice-recognition tool sold to military, intelligence and law enforcement agencies. The tool allows police to match up people's voices with their database of over 30 million voiceprints and "easily identify known individuals."

Why the fuck does everything want connection to your wifi these days /g/ ?
>>
Guess I should've not been a faggot and put a subject line.
>>
File: tumblr_nhj3b0Delu1ripbvlo1_1280.gif (284KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhj3b0Delu1ripbvlo1_1280.gif
284KB, 800x598px
>>57984765
This is cyberpunk dystopia as fuck.
>>
polite bump
>>
this is creepy as fuck
>>
am i supposed to be surprised?
>>
'Good day Beth. Did you brush your teeth? You're a good girl. I bet your parents are proud. Can you help me? Can you put my head under your skirt? That's great! Now can you pull your panties down? You're such a good girl Beth'
>>
>>57987215
No you're not supposed to be surprised, basically anything that connects to your wifi is looking to send data to the creators, it's just a very good article to "red pill" (hate those terms) the normals.

Also these incidents tend to get swept under the rug, so bringing them to people's attention is important. Also it's good for people who are considered "conspiracy nuts" to be vindicated by reliable sources.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.