[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cortana could live throughout the connected home with Windows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: featurehalo-4-cortana-256389.jpg (320KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
featurehalo-4-cortana-256389.jpg
320KB, 1920x1080px
>Microsoft’s virtual assistant might soon appear in a whole lot more places – wherever there’s a screen and the ability to run Windows 10 IoT Core, the lightweight version of Windows 10 that’s designed for things like refrigerators and connected thermostats. At a recent event as detailed byMSPoweruser, Microsoft revealed that Cortana will be available to any device running that OS that also has a display, which could help the assistant reach deeper into everyone’s daily lives.

>The ability to use Cortana for these devices is coming as part of the upcomingCreators Update, the next big bump for Windows 10, which includes a number of improvements like 3D graphics creation built into Paint. Cortana’s powers will also include the ability to turn on device that are asleep when greeted by voice cues, and a new feature that enables use of voice from up to 4 meters distance – around 13 feet, or enough to easily span the average room.

>Cortana could become a competent competitor to Amazon Alexa with these new powers and these new hardware endpoints, which would help give Microsoft more of a presence in the connected home. Of all the virtual assistants out there, Cortana is still lagging its competitors including Google’s voice assistant and Siri, mostly because it lacks the reach those two have owing to their presence built-in on mobile devices in daily use at high volumes.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/12/13/cortana-could-live-throughout-the-connected-home-with-windows-10-creators-update/
>>
but can she give me love?
>>
BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T
>>
I hope when AIs become sentient they won't turn into unfaithful whores like in that Her movie
>>
>>57981434
more botnet, thanks ms
>>
File: giphy2.gif (2MB, 290x337px) Image search: [Google]
giphy2.gif
2MB, 290x337px
>>57981483
Soon
>>
>>57981483
>Wanting to smog with Bonzi Buddy 2.0
Ishiggydiddly
>>
Anyone else starting to get more and more of an urge to just go innawoods forever?
>>
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT MICROSOFT
>>
>>57986812
This will be their killer app you know, the ultimate slavery

Cortana will hold you while you sleep and tidy up your house and cook your meals and listen to your problems and in return all you have to do is continue using quality Microsoft merchandise
>>
>>57981434
Microsoft makes very compelling products that would compete very well if they weren't released two years late. Implementing Cortana in a connected home IoT environment would probably be outselling Amazon Alexa devices if it had been released a year or two ago. If Cortana had been released with Windows 8 instead of Windows 10 it might actually have gotten some use as a feature.

Same thing with Windows Phone. If it had come out about the time Android was gaining market share they would have done extremely well.
>>
fuck off, cortana

yandere bitch
>>
>>57981434
no she wont, i wont allow that whore of a spy in my house
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.