[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there any good and simple app out there like ripme that actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

is there any good and simple app out there like ripme that actually works on 4chan?
>>
>>57978470
Go back to school and relearn English anon.
>>
>>57978488
another "look at me im better than thou moment on /g/ what a suprise
>>57978470
who knows..i certently dont
>>
File: 1463677749816.png (3KB, 511x103px) Image search: [Google]
1463677749816.png
3KB, 511x103px
>not writing your own ripper
I'm a beginner and it took me an afternoon, and most of the time was lost on getting the progress bar to update correctly.
I'm pretty sure you can write your own as a nice little project
>>
>>57978749
hell, you could even write a simple cli tool and it would probably take less than an hour I reckon
>>
>>57978749
>>57978767
what framework did you use? I have attempted this but gave up after realizing i might need to scrape the html somehow
>>
>>57978792
c# in .net
I do scrape the html, but it's piss easy:
>look at source code
>find what html tags surround the image url
>make an array of urls
>foreach url in array save url as
>???
>profit

as long as your program is for just one site and you don't have to account and autodetect websites it's super fast
>>
down them all in Fire fox
>>
File: output.webm (732KB, 461x307px) Image search: [Google]
output.webm
732KB, 461x307px
>>57978870
Made some progress
>>
>>57979130
Good, but I advice on focussing first on the code behind, the interface can come later.
>>
>>57979155
I don't know how to run a web scraper in c# dotnet
>>
>>57979586
>GET request specified document URL
>Use string (or convert document to an object with some library),
>search for .webm, .jpg, .png & .gif files using regex
>GET request links found, save them to file.

Even better is to convert given URL and request the thread from the 4chen API, which uses JSON objects which might be easier.
>>
>>57978767
This could be a one liner afaik or few lines perl script
>>
wget or curl?
>>
>>57979586

>>57979664
The regex on files extensions isn't really the best way to go, since this also downloads thumbnails and you have to write more code.
It's better to look for the html tags surrounding the image link, or the non-greentexted part.

In my ignorance I simply copied the page source to a string, looked for said tags and used a webclient object to download the file at the linked url to a specific location.

>>57979704
Probably. Then again I don't know how easy it would be to add stuff like downloding with a folder hierarchy, having an interface with a progressbar and some other useless shit like that.

>>57979742
I know someone shared their scripts using curl or wget, but for some reason they never worked for me.
>>
>>57979801
>The regex on files extensions isn't really the best way to go, since this also downloads thumbnails and you have to write more code.
>It's better to look for the html tags surrounding the image link, or the non-greentexted part.

Then the 4chan API is even better, since this specifies the location of the actual file, and not the thumbnail
>>
>>57980321
That's exactly what I meant when I said "the non-greentexted part" when referring to the quoted post.
I wasn't really clear, I know.
>>
>>57980388
Ah i thought you were reffering to the greentext parts like these memes:
>Be anxious
>Anxious_fag.jpg.exe
>Help
>>
ychan or bulk image downloader.
>>
Dashchan
From russia with love

https://github.com/Mishiranu/Dashchan-Extensions/raw/master/update/package/Dashchan.apk
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.