[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, I found this computer outside and I was wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (207KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207KB, 720x1280px
Hey /g/, I found this computer outside and I was wondering if its worth a shit.
>>
>>57967600

Give it back Jamal.
>>
Not to you, unless you're a poor student who needs the bare minimum to do work at home. If that's not you then find someone like that and wish them a happy Christmas.
>>
>>57967700
I am a poor student
>>
IDE hard drive, eh?
Bet it has some good erased stuff on it. Download recuva and see what you find!
>>
>>57967796
MP3s of the spice girls and the offspring

320x240 jpegs of naked girls
>>
>>57967869
ECS RX480-A (with ATI RX 480 chipset, not to be confused with the new AMD RX 480 graphic card).

It's from 2005-2006.
>>
>>57967600
Part out the PC, clean the parts, and sell each part individually on eBay.
>>
>>57967600
you might want to take a can of air and give it a quick blast.
>>
>>57967600
PC looks old, I would test it out and see if it powers on at least.

Then you can break down the parts and sell them individually. Then leave the case outside for scrap collectors.
>>
Give it back, Tyrone.
>>
>>57967600
It's garbage.
>>
>>57967600
If it works, why not put it to good use? use it as a server or retro vidya PC.
>>
>>57967600
its old as fuck.
It might have a nice cpu in it, those drives are ide, not worth a shit. Usuable, but painfully slow.
The last time I used an ide cd drive, an install process that usually takes 20 minutes took over an hour before I gave up, quite the install, pulled a sata cd drive, and restarted it and had the whole thing done in 10 minutes.

It looks like it was custom, might have an old i7 or xeon in it.
The psu is newer, has sata, black plastic and black paint, and is sheathed so its probably mid teir. Id guess 400-600 watts. Check the label.
>>
>>57967630
>>57967700
>>57973326
wrong wrong wrong wrong
keep it for projects and what not, the psu alone can be salvaged for any kind of tinkering you want to do where something needs fucking power idk im drunk but this is cancer for a technology board nice score i wish i could find a spare psu in the trash but i guess i have a spare antec earthwatt platinum sitting in a box, but i dont really want to cut those cords they could still be useful as a regular power supply
>>
>>57975242
free fan aswell
>>
>>57975197
>might have an old i7 or xeon in it.
Looking at it, I doubt it, but the only way to know for certain would be to take that artifact of a cooler off and take a gander.

Anyway, I like refurbishing old machines like this, so I'd say it's worth holding on to.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.