[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Factory reset on Android is fucking garbage. I'm trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Android-logo.png (80KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Android-logo.png
80KB, 1600x1600px
Factory reset on Android is fucking garbage.

I'm trying to rid my phones (Galaxy S5; Android 5.01 and Galaxy S3; Android 4.3) of any and all data on it. Resetting via factory reset or the recovery menu still leaves traces of data which is what I'm trying to avoid. I reinstalled a few apps I used on them before after the reset and the account information is available and connects right away. I've read that encrypting the phone helps with that issue, but the thing is, that I need to reset the phones at least once a day.

tl;dr How can I quickly delete any and all data on them without leaving a trace?
>>
>>57965864
it's not so hard. Just do a factory reset, are you that lazy?
>>
>>57966012
'Resetting via factory reset or the recovery menu still leaves traces of data which is what I'm trying to avoid"

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>57965864
Use something like Odin to do a complete reflash of everything past ABoot. This means get a stock firmware and flash a new kernel, OS, recovery, etc. You need a computer running Windows or GNU/Linux for this.
>>
>>57966031
>I bought crap
>"you're retarded"
>>
>>57966066
I've already downloaded Odin, but the databases from which you could download stock firmware version mostly require a registration or are way too slow in terms of download speed. Do you know a good website for that?
>>
>>57966134
Look around on XDA. Go to the search bar and put in "galaxy s5 (model number here) firmware" and have a look around. You can always just unlock the bootloader and flash TWRP and CM13 or 14. Normies will enjoy the smooth Android experience and won't be able to tell the difference.
>>
Another question: Is it possible to delete specific app data in their entirety? Without a chance of the app retrieving account data? And I don't mean simply going into the settings and delete the app cache. Surely, there must be a way, at least with a rooted firmware.
>>
>>57966184
>You can always just unlock the bootloader and flash TWRP and CM13 or 14

How do I do that?
>>
>>57966223
XDA
>>
A really big hammer
>>
definitely try to do one of those really deep flashings.

find some unbricking/go back to stock guide on xda and flash some huge weird rom file using some shady chinky software with weird drivers that literally flashes everything including baseband and shit and you should be fine.
>>
>>57965864
you'll need to root the device. Apps store their data in a specific data folder (don't have the path in mind right now) but if you delete the folder contents, all caches, personal data related to apps etc will be removed.
>>
Well, the only thing I want to do is delete all traces of user and account data of a specific app (or better said a specific KIND of app). If I could do that with a special file browser, that would be enough.
>>
The thing is that the user/account data is still there even after a factory reset
>>
>unlock bootloader
>flash custom recovery
>reformat the device
>use a restore to stock tool
>flash stock recovery
>sell
>>
Ok, I think I got enough info. Thanks, y'all!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.