[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The BIOS is locked down tighter than a nun's cunt, and using

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20161212_170117.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161212_170117.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
The BIOS is locked down tighter than a nun's cunt, and using windows is a no-go. How can i reset my laptop's BIOS? I can't find the jumper and removing the CMOS for 10mins did nothing except ask me for date and time after boot. Any features that would enable me to make any sort of progress on wiping the HDD and clean-installing win have been disabled, with no obvious way of enabling them. Any wizard hacks?
>>
Give it back, Rajesh.
>>
>>57965538
Google it.
>>
>>57965558
Dude it's not stolen, I bought it from my school and didn't get it reset.
>>
>>57965581
Oh ok.

You're best bet is going to be to find that jumper. It's in there somewhere. It's usually blue or green.

You'll also want to add RAM.
>>
>>57965581
Then if you can't find the jumper you should probably ask the school to reset it for you, surely they'll be willing to spare the minimal amount of time it would take if you paid for the thing.
>>
>>57965538
>wiping the HDD
You can search for the hdd factory dos software so you can wipe it from dos with a usb stick
>>
>>57965623
IT support are lazy fuckers, they'd take weeks before they actually did it. They have this weird outsourced team that make you "log a ticket" before doing anything. Seeing as I don't go there anymore, it makes that all the more difficult.
>>
>>57965538
>2016
>removing cmos battery is supposed to do anything
Find a clamp and reflash it like a man.
>>
>>57965723
so you really did steal it then lol
>>
>>57965785
lol yeah I did :P
The reason I don't go there anymore is because I was expelled for stealing.
>>
Yeah good luck, it's stored in persistent eeprom and there is no reset jumper.
Unless you can micro solder you're not getting into it.
>>
>>57965858
>>57965765
>>57965538

nont OP, but serious question

buying laptop today with windows 10 is really that much hassle to nuke it and install something else?

fucking shit, if the price of oem windows being embedded in the hardware your paying for wasnt bad enough

how arent normies starting to boycott laptop brands/models that refuse to sell with anything other than windows 10?

last normie friend who came to me with a linux laptop asking for windows is still using the factory linux to this day after i showed them libreoffice is pretty much the same, seeing as dont even know half the functions msword/ppoint or libre writter/presenter can do

even normies that are half tech savvy just suffer thru windows because they dont know any better

unless its a gaymen young adult, photoshopgrapher or a poweruser that will have to learn two hundreds advanced config tasks hes acostumed to in windows, there are a lot of ppl using windows needlessly
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.